• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
All those debates with TES how if they wanted to make big flashy explosions and environmental damage they could have.

Meanwhile ESO has a ton of flashy attacks that even fodder can do and suddenly it's not how TES should be.

However ESO cinematics are canon because they have more low ends.

But not the parts where the army is vaporized & the city wall explodes or where the island explodes.

"X character can literally create Mountains from the shockwave of his attack"
-That's from the Anime, it's not from the LN, it would break the setting.

"Various Manga shows feats for X"
-That's from the Manga, it's a different series altogether, it's not canon

"Series works on Multiverse Theory since the main 2 titles"
-Uuuuh, that's bullshit.

You can also switch this out for Final Fantasy and refusing to actually read that yeah, your party does fight Bahamut and he tends to be as strong as he's shown in gameplay but only because... he didn't ultimately destroy everything?
I mean Brave Exvius tends to make people go nuts because they dare to actually represent the characters there to the insane degrees they actually are.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member

-Uuuuh, that's bullshit.

You can also switch this out for Final Fantasy and refusing to actually read that yeah, your party does fight Bahamut and he tends to be as strong as he's shown in gameplay but only because... he didn't ultimately destroy everything?
I mean Brave Exvius tends to make people go nuts because they dare to actually represent the characters there to the insane degrees they actually are.
It's funny how I've seen other Index fans try to pull this shit regarding the Touma vs Accelerator fight in Index III like the LN doesn't explicitly clarify that Accelerator was trying to kill him and that he damaged winged Accelerator with a rock :tupac

..which would make Touma stronger than Saints by a significant margin but lets ignore that for now :mjgrin

image.png

image.png

Aneurysm.gif

You are literally using the wrong definition...
Tsukihime Dokuhon PlusPeriod - TSUKIHIME Dictionary: Magical Energy [Term], p.189
Magical Energy [Term]
An essential element for invoking sorcery. Also known as the primordial animus, and life itself.
It is broadly divided into two types: the greater magical energy (mana), which is the breath of the planet filling the world and nature, and the lesser magical energy (od), which is possessed by living beings (humans).
As far as quality is concerned, they are both essentially identical. The only difference is that the amount of mana in the world far, far exceeds the amount of od.
Because mana is the magical energy of "that space" which fills the atmosphere, magi can use it freely.
…Of course, the amount that can be utilized directly corresponds to the capacity of the magus – which is to say, the number of magic circuits they have.

Atleast go for the sources before you continue making yourself look ridiculous.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
so what I'm hearing is that misaka's railgun will work just fine on magic resistance because it explicitly doesn't utilize any sort of magical energy equivalent :mjpls

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

-Uuuuh, that's bullshit.

Ironically, you can pull the same disingenous downplay that Mook does for TES on any FF game (I'm currently replaying FFIV and you could more than bring up 'muh medieval world' and 'muh technology beats swords' to ignore even early game Cecil and Kain surviving a mountain range reshaping attack from Titan).

Also Mook focuses on ESO cinematics to downplay but ignores in some cases they're more impressive than in ESO itself (like how Abnur Tharn reacts to Dragonhold exploding in the cinematic but in the game he has time to prepare).
yoA1DV.gif

P7K28z.gif

Nahfahlaar survives this BTW, which would scale directly to Alduin and Dragonborn but for some reason SB never brings this up.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Ironically, you can pull the same disingenous downplay that Mook does for TES on any FF game (I'm currently replaying FFIV and you could more than bring up 'muh medieval world' and 'muh technology beats swords' to ignore even early game Cecil and Kain surviving a mountain range reshaping attack from Titan).

Also Mook focuses on ESO cinematics to downplay but ignores in some cases they're more impressive than in ESO itself (like how Abnur Tharn reacts to Dragonhold exploding in the cinematic but in the game he has time to prepare).
yoA1DV.gif

P7K28z.gif

Nahfahlaar survives this BTW, which would scale directly to Alduin and Dragonborn but for some reason SB never brings this up.
the ladybug I found on the ground when I put it in the microwave for 99 minutes

I told you it was basically like Ki/Chakra, Nasu just went with Magical Energy for who knows what reason(It's funny because he DOES call it Ki when it comes to Li Shuwen so it's mostly just Mage terminology).
So yeah, look for the cites and sources, it's not as complicated as it seems. You just looked at the wrong parts(Which was Magecraft itself).

so what I'm hearing is that misaka's railgun will work just fine on magic resistance because it explicitly doesn't utilize any sort of magical energy equivalent :mjpls

I mean, if whatever the hell Index uses for it doesn't count like Ki/Chakra or whatever their equivalent is, I guess, Misaka would still die to Tesla/Frankenstein/Edison/Any Lightning Magecraft User/Any being that specialized in Lightning anyway because they all explicitly take from the Electromagnetic Spectrum.

Ah yeah, I remember that shit from my Playthrough in IV, they also killed Rydia's Mother's Mist Dragon too which is a canonical Eidolon. So yeah, no excuses(especially since After Years has you defeat the other Eidolons and bequeathed them to Rydia)

yoA1DV.gif

P7K28z.gif

Because it's CG Cutscenes, it's not indicative of gameplay... or it breaks the setting, whatever tired excuse they have...

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Because it's CG Cutscenes, it's not indicative of gameplay... or it breaks the setting, whatever tired excuse they have...
Which they're all too happy to use if it's unimpressive, but not if it's flashy flash. Bring up how gameplay will let you run across Cyrodiil, box dragons to death while naked, survive 500 arrows to the face and for some reason that's now a gameplay mechanic.

Even Morrowind has cutscenes like this.
r8YA5k.gif

QnO9mq.gif

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Which they're all too happy to use if it's unimpressive, but not if it's flashy flash. Bring up how gameplay will let you run across Cyrodiil, box dragons to death while naked, survive 500 arrows to the face and for some reason that's now a gameplay mechanic.

r8YA5k.gif

QnO9mq.gif
wall level

r8YA5k.gif

QnO9mq.gif

It's just funny because they are always extremely selectable about these to the point of contradicting themselves.
For instance, they always bring up how strong Cloud and Co. are physically... but they never bring up the fact that Materia is tied to the Lifestream and is only just a medium to it:

Materia works as a conduit as the knowledge and wisdom of the Ancients to be able to freely use the powers of the Land and Planet to use Magic.
"Spirit Energy(The Lifestream) is what makes all things possible, Humans, Animals and Birds. Spirit Energy isn't just limited to Living things, it's also what makes Planets to be Planets"

So you end up with SB suddenly being ignorant over the fact that Sephiroth being able to use Supernova is from his own latent Spirit Energy... and he STILL needed Meteor to get all of the Lifestream's energy because it wasn't even close to enough to be a God.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Magic in Toaru comes from refining one’s life energy into Magic power through things like special breathing techniques

“That of course changes based on the denomination and the school of thought.” Birdway shooed away the troublesome-seeming calico cat that had jumped up on the table. “Basically, it all starts by refining one’s life force into magic power. Even in the magic side, there are a flood of different theories as to the definition of the soul, so this part is rather difficult to explain… If you think of the energy flowing through the human body as crude oil, then it is necessary to refine it into gasoline before using magic.”

Index picked up the explanation from there.

“One simple method is to use certain breathing techniques. But that is just one example of controlling one’s body. It can also be meditation, warming-up exercises, or fasting. Basically, you just have to manipulate bodily functions such as the flow of blood and the rhythm of the organs to bring them to the values you want.”

Stiyl Magnus pulled out an invisible dye.

He had managed to read some residual thoughts from the Academy City printouts, so with handwritten text, he would be able to hear an actual voice like he was playing back a record.

He breathed in and out to refine the lifeforce circulating through his body into magic power.

He reached something unseen hidden within the message card’s handwriting. An unfamiliar woman’s voice played in his head like he had set the needle down on a record.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It's just funny because they are always extremely selectable about these to the point of contradicting themselves.
For instance, they always bring up how strong Cloud and Co. are physically... but they never bring up the fact that Materia is tied to the Lifestream and is only just a medium to it:

So you end up with SB suddenly being ignorant over the fact that Sephiroth being able to use Supernova is from his own latent Spirit Energy... and he STILL needed Meteor to get all of the Lifestream's energy because it wasn't even close to enough to be a God.
I imagine they'd pretend it works in HP logic and is just 'because magic.'

SB also think Sephiroths motives was to destroy the Planet rather than using that as a means to an ends to become a god.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

SB also think Sephiroths motives was to destroy the Planet rather than using that as a means to an ends to become a god.
SB users suffer from the power of the reading comprehension devil affecting them all the time, please understand

Honestly, I have seen ALOT of people fail to understand Sephiroth's goals and think he just wanted to destroy the Planet and not absorb the Lifestream... despite that being consistently said by everyone that is his goal.
It really does make you wonder how many of these "Die Hard FF7 fans" even know the show they are talking about...

Secondly, Advent Children actually avoids the former as it stated why Cloud and Co. didn't use Materia then was because the Planet is actually pretty weak and they have to lay off as it needs all the Lifestream it can to heal off the damage
Again, SB ignores that when it's needed.

What's really funny about Sephiroth is that his Lifestream dip in the backstory literally allowed him to be able to use Magic without needing a middleman at all(As seen through everything he did in the main story) and that speaks volumes considering even before that, he could use Materia in ways no one else can(as seen in his boss battle against Zack in Crisis Core).

His overall plan STILL required him to literally go get the Black Materia itself to use Meteor and it still required a good amount of time to even summon the damn thing.
You think that would show SB how different the Black and White Materia are but nah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back