• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4: Outskirts Ningen Dome - Laughing edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think theres a single power system ive seen so far that can't just murder or horribly disfigure you in some way. its wild

I dont even think Ki or Chakra is safe

Not even the Nasuverse is safe with it as it's power systems are... a mixed bag.
You are either born into a decent Magus Family... or you end up like Waver... or you are just born an insane mutant and that Mage Society finds out about your existence and takes you in.
Of course, you can end up in a variety of Bad Ends but none of that is due to the powers not fucking you over but more of jealousy and stepping on the wrong fucker's toes.

You can just be a superhuman motherfucker but that requires basically training for years and breaking your body apart by being part of the Church to the point even Mages fear you... or you are born deep in the Mountains/away from Society which turns you into a truly broken son of a bitch because if you don't know what limits Humans have, why would it affect you? Until you DO end up in Human Society and you lose your beyond human tier strength because you then realize where Humans are limited at. :risigif

Let's not get into Servant details where the older the legend, the more powerful they are... or if you are like Tesla, you revolutionized Humanity so hard, you get a jump start... or be like Edmond Dantes and find some absolute bullshit Magical Circuits in your treasure that stays with you even in death where it was just one time use while alive.
Otherwise, you end up pretty weak and can get murdered by say Heracles in a fight
Hope you get a bullshit Noble Phantasm that makes you OP atleast in one area or you are practically just eh.
:oldryoma

Tablos

Preeminent
i always think that Nen is overrated AF , HxH stans treats it as a ''perfect'' system when is just an overexplained shit that in practice its just Jojo stands powers + Naruto chakra , also Togashi abuses the ''this character is a genius'' because the psycopath prince learning King Crimson in like , 3 days ? is just bullshit for me , because Gon , Killua and Kurapika are also genius and still they needed to train for a year or more , but the fakin prince ? he does yoga for 2-3 days and bum ,Top tier nen user.

or the infamous ''o my rubber nen'' one of the worst pages in shonen history and is not even the worst page in HxH :russ

WELL SHIT ANSWERED BEFORE I EVEN ASKED GOD DAMN

I was gonna do it anyway but the key thing is that you actually can't get fucked up in the usual way when it comes to the series.
You either are good enough to do so or you will always suck.
So you either go the bullshit superhuman route or you don't go anywhere either.
Being a Servant won't save your ass either if you don't have a bullshit NP to save you.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
anyone can learn Nen though, Kurapika is straight up teaching normal people how to use it on the boat as part of a political exchange iirc. The knowledge of Nen is being revealed as basically a gamechanger as the oldest Kakin Prince was pissed Tserriednich found out what Nen was

as far as Gon’s nen going away forever there is definitely something weird going on there because Ging said Gon still had his aura when they finally met

but also you gotta love Nen being so versatile they created fucking Greed Island with it :skully
"Hey Ging, how in the hell did you manage to create Greed Island with your Nen?"

Ging:
pfpe0wv.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I do know Devil Fruits are a hard fucking pass what with the goofy ass shit you can get ontop of losing the ability to go to the ocean

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06 Esper aren’t the only means of power on the Science side if your down for other means of having your body modified

Rakuoka Houfu

Bounty: 80 million yen

Guilty of aggravated breach of trust and malfeasance for committing crimes while serving as an Anti-Skill officer. His involvement is also suspected in a murder and subsequent hiding of the body from before he joined Anti-Skill. (The body was fully destroyed, so this cannot be proven.)

Belonged to Anti-Skill Aggressor, a group within Anti-Skill whose combat training was increased to bring them closer to the mentality and skill level of the criminals. A digestive enzyme is used to artificially increase the size of his muscles, so his body itself functions as a powerful weapon. His muscular strength is estimated to be over 70 tons in weightlifting terms. He can tear off the side of an armored truck like it was made of clay.

Got that dude going from this

GT_Index_v03_063.jpg

To this

GT_Index_v03_324-325.jpg

Tablos

Preeminent
I like how the OP put Contessa on the level of the endbringers or Scion :mjlol .
Still Arcueid solos the verse with neg diff.

Tablos

Preeminent
speaking of power system , i remember the one from the Malaz saga , only readed the first 3 books but the mages used ''paths '' to perform their magic . And the thing is ,when you fuck up things , not only you can die but also you can fuck up your magic path , basically one mage can troll his whole power system :russ

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

> Thinks Luffy beats Raditz
> Thinks Luffy beats Nappa, and could possibly defeat Vegeta, but thinks Vegeta could be too much in Great Ape Form on account of him having country-busting power. :mjlol

I stopped watching after this point, because the amount of downplay and simultaneous wank was hurting my sides.:hestonpls

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member

> Thinks Luffy beats Raditz
> Thinks Luffy beats Nappa, and could possibly defeat Vegeta, but thinks Vegeta could be too much in Great Ape Form on account of him having country-busting power. :mjlol

I stopped watching after this point, because the amount of downplay and simultaneous wank was hurting my sides.:hestonpls

Luffy ain't getting past BOZ Saiyan Saga Piccolo 😂
Its been decade and raditz Merks majority of the HST

Tablos

Preeminent
still amazes me how new Shonen series can't beat the classic shonens or 2000s LN and VN .
Like we can make a thread about DBZ vs To aru or Nasu. but you can´t do the same with the new ones , maybe Eden Zero is the only exception .

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Luffy ain't getting past BOZ Saiyan Saga Piccolo 😂
Its been decade and raditz Merks majority of the HST
Niggas out here spouting the kind of wild-ass shit that should get them flamed. Man even up-played Luffy's meagre 'toon-force' powers to being able to do virtually whatever he imagines, and said it as if that was a true statement, but that made it hard to debate, so he's going to ignore that 'fact'. :russ And here I thought that Nardo stats sheet on fanfiction from long ago was hilariously stupid, but this man managed to outdo all that word vomit in just five minutes. I'm almost impressed.:hestonpls

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
My brother thinks that Ki is the most forgiving power system. So far I think he might be right
Tbh ki is the simplest. But it also kinda has a hard cap cause like if your human the strongest you can get with is like planet level with Krillin(is he planet level?)

Unless your a alien or somehow get god ki fat chance

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Bleach’s power system sucks too. Either be lucky like being born a Shinigami or Fullbringer, or have power at terrible prices like being turned into a Hollow or becoming a Quincy by pledging your Soul to a complete psychopath that is Yhwach who can take away the power granted to you along with your soul at any moment at his leisure.

A Shinigami is the best overall deal but if your too powerful, at least Captain level, it’s reveled your destined to go to Hell now with the new series.

And if your none of the above, your human prey with at most enough spiritual awareness to see whatever invisible horror that can get you from anywhere that is about to devour your soul and yet utterly helpless to stop your ensuring oblivion if a Shinigami doesn’t get there on time.

Bleach FUCKING sucks to live in when you really think about the whole setting.

still amazes me how new Shonen series can't beat the classic shonens or 2000s LN and VN .
Like we can make a thread about DBZ vs To aru or Nasu. but you can´t do the same with the new ones , maybe Eden Zero is the only exception .
Black Clover is pretty strong. Can give a lot of the HST a run for their money too

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Now that I think about it Black Clover and Fairy Tail might be the most balanced of the bunch...

Black Clover even if you get a weak grimiore if you train hard enough you can bridge the gap, same for Fairy Tail.

Sure people with better grimoires or magics have a headstart but it's not an unbeatable difference.

Though for ease, I guess just literally buying magic online is better. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back