Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
WAIT WAIT WAIT

THERE IS A CHARACTER IN RE:ZERO CALLED BATEN KAITOS?

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
WAIT WAIT WAIT

THERE IS A CHARACTER IN RE:ZERO CALLED BATEN KAITOS?
to aru type shit :tupac

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
What next
James Xenosaga?
Screen_Shot_2021-11-15_at_1.10.41_PM.jpg

:tupac

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
He held back because he had a crush on saber
did you watch the same anime

he never was trying to kill her just trying to get her to submit to him with her defying him
image.png
> Used his Full power EA against her.
> Holding back? :kobeha

No he lost because Saber had Avalon back, which no-sold EA and gave her an opening to EXCALIBURRR right through the fucker's armour.
He can one shot artoria if he wants

Saber after a serious fight with gil is a courpse
96-F14-06-165.png
Yeah notice how Saber doesn't have Avalon in this instance.
Because that's the only difference between these two fights.
Cant even hit him unless he lets her
gilgamesh_solos_saber.gif

gilgamesh_no_diffs_saber.gif
She literally killed him while he was actively trying to defeat her and then was shitting himself because he realized he couldn't move while EA was active. That's why he just yells "SAAAAAABEEERRRR!" in impotent frustration as he's about to die. There was nothing else he COULD do. :hestonpls

Artoria with Avalon is easily in the same tier as Gilgamesh and will always win a fight in which she busts Avalon out, shit's that fucking busted.

Proto234

Distinguished
Everyone talks about Gil and Artoria when there're plenty of better, far more interesting character to talk about in Nasuverse compared to those two.

One is a narcisstic asshole the other as Tristan says "can't understand people's heart"

Bob74h

The Supreme King
> Used his Full power EA against her.
It's not full power
we see how powerful ea can get when he one shot tiamat
gilgamesh_solos_tiamat.gif

Artoria with Avalon is easily in the same tier as Gilgamesh and will always win a fight in which she busts Avalon out, shit's that fucking busted.

Shirou had avalon sealed inside of him and the fight between him and gilgamesh ended with emiya getting 1 shot
gilgamesh_snaps_his_fingers.gif

I think the most reasonable exclamation was that he let himself lose

it's even hinted at
Something beautiful is something you cant have
image.png

he was actively trying to defeat her

no he wanted her as his wife
he didt want to kill her, he wanted her to submit to him
image.png

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Okay, these people have to be taking the fucking piss at this point.
Hitsugaya's powers are better, he's gonna shut Yamamoto down from a distance.
Adult Hitsugaya is basically a mini-Ichibei so without ZnT's natural advantages I don't see Yama winning.
Hitsugaya's not limited to elements, he ceases the function of whatever he encases. While Gerard himself wasn't capable of being stopped, his weapons, and their esoteric abilities, were totally susceptible to Hitsugaya's power of negation.
Oh sure, NOW when the OP adds a completely unnecessary stipulation (because it can't be proven Yama CAN still neg Toshiro's Bankai in the fucking first place, since he makes his own ice now independent of the water in the air and is leagues stronger) does Toshiro suddenly beat Yamamoto? :breh

Ignoring the fact that raw power has already been proven to be a factor with Toshiro's abilities (kind of the fucking reason he couldn't freeze Gerard completely), or the fact that he struggled with Gerard while Yamamoto's Bankai is so powerful that ONLY Mustache could take and control it, Hitsugaya has to freeze the target COMPLETELY for his negation to actually work.
Power levels have nothing to do with it. It was directly stated that he can freeze even fire (it was specifically empathized). And even if they have Gerard>>>>Yamamoto anyway as he is a part of Soul King and was granted special ability to resist any element (well fire too). Yama's power isn't even a fraction of fraction of SK's power/reiatsu. Toshiro's conceptual hax is similar to Ichibei's conceptual hax. Not only he can disarm Yama and disable his fire-based powers,but also by feats he has greater stats or at worst comparable stats. Yama has no win condition here.
Idk. what are you trying to say here,but if you really think that Yamamoto is comparable to any part of SK you are obviously wrong. Gerard, Pernida, Mimihagi are comparable in power as they are major parts of SK. I guess Aizen is comparable too as hogyoku was made of his nail. Yamamoto obviously has far less power/reiatsu than any major parts of SK it isn't even debatable.
You know it's actually an interesting change of pace to see a Toshiro WANKER in that section but...

> SK pieces being any kind of notable fraction of the SK's power.
> SK pieces being > Yamamoto despite Mustache stating outright this isn't the case with several of them.

Never mind the fact that Fullbringers were retconned in the novel(the canon one) as having Soul King pieces themselves.
Is Chad > Yamamoto? :mjpls

Bob74h

The Supreme King
F/Z is the worst fate title you can start from. Urobochi massacred Saber's character from how she was a king willing to sacrifice villages for her war efforts and someone that seemed emotionless
If you said saber seemed emotionless then you clearly never watched nether stay night or zero

Emotionless crying in fate/zero
saber_crying.gif

Emotionless embarrassment in stay night
maxresdefault.png

Emotionless smiling clearly
saber_smiling.gif

Nevermind that Nasu stated that F/Z isn't even a direct prequel and is actually an alternate universe due to the differences in the fourth holy grail war in SN and Zero.
any story going to have some contradictions
I think it's a functional prequel hell it's better then alot of other prequels eg star wars

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Everyone talks about Gil and Artoria when there're plenty of better, far more interesting character to talk about in Nasuverse compared to those two.

One is a narcisstic asshole the other as Tristan says "can't understand people's heart"
Gilgamesh is an entertaining narcissistic asshole, that's kind of the reason he is so popular in the first place. He didn't need to be anything more than that to be a great villain, just have a a decent amount of personality going for him which he does. Is Kirei still a better villain? Absolutely but it's no great mystery why Gilgamesh is popular.

And yeah, Artoria at the start of the story couldn't emphasize with other people because she was so dead set on being a good King. Neither could Shirou really, this is something they learn to do over the course of the story (at least with each other). It's the ultimate irony of their situation that they are only able to recognize their own faults when they see them in each other.

The humanizing of Artoria over the course of the Fate route and her coming to terms with the mistakes of her past and moving passed them, is exactly what I find so interesting and endearing about this character, in a very similar way to Shirou. She only just about edges out Shirou as my favorite character.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
NLyKCRXd_400x400.jpg

F/Z is the worst fate title you can start from. Urobochi massacred Saber's character from how she was a king willing to sacrifice villages for her war efforts and someone that seemed emotionless to "lol, chivalry" all to satisfy his edgy boner with Kiritsugu. And the man even acknowledges this, in the afterwords.

Nevermind that Nasu stated that F/Z isn't even a direct prequel and is actually an alternate universe due to the differences in the fourth holy grail war in SN and Zero.

So actually start with the source material. Then Hollow Ataraxia, then you can pretty much read/play whatever you want.
And his Iskandar boner.

I just said a few weeks ago how the average F/Z fan unironically hates the rest of the series and fandom

:heston

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
If you said saber seemed emotionless then you clearly never watched nether stay night or zero
>Ah yes let's ignore that she was described as a cold, emotionless king

>Her own knight saying that she can't understand human hearts because of how emotionless she was.

>Her straight up telling Shirou in the beginning of the story that he doesn't have to treat her like a human.

She learns how to show emotions again over the course of the SN. But in her backstory she's set up as an cold emotionless king willing to do anything to help Camelot.

Making a important character ooc from how she originally was portrayed because the author wanted a "damsel in distress" when Artoria is anything but isn't just a 'contradiction.'

Last edited:
>Ah yes let's ignore that she was described as a cold, emotionless king

>Her own knight saying that she can't understand human hearts because of how emotionless she was.

>Her straight up telling Shirou is the beginning of the story that he doesn't have to treat her like a human.

She learns how to show emotions again over the course of the SN. But in her backstory she's set up as an cold emotionless king willing to do anything to help Camelot.

While I'm not going to go serious on Bob and just correct stupidity, said Knight(Tristan) actually hates what he stated as he didn't realize the sheer gravity of the situation and said it on a whim and didn't think he'd be overheard.
None of the Knights actually knew that Artoria was on a battle that would never end in victory(Camelot is fated to fall no matter what) which was why they all have some major regrets whenever they are summoned.

It's not full power
we see how powerful ea can get when he one shot tiamat

And the Anime had Tiamat actually withstand it to the point that Ritsuka had to enter her mindscape to tell her to die for her to actually due to Enuma Elish...
And as seen in later FGO or the Arcade, she never died from that either.

Shirou had avalon sealed inside of him and the fight between him and gilgamesh ended with emiya getting 1 shot
gilgamesh_snaps_his_fingers.gif

I think the most reasonable exclamation was that he let himself lose

it's even hinted at
Something beautiful is something you cant have

No, he lost plain and simple.

no he wanted her as his wife
he didt want to kill her, he wanted her to submit to him

And then gave up at the final battle and just wanted her dead like Shirou when he found out he popped her cherry. I didn't even finish reading the route in the VN and I know this.

Emotionless crying in fate/zero

Uh, that's not emotionless crying my dude, that's full of emotion. You really are moving goalposts something fierce. Besides you are using the Anime which isn't the same as the VN either and is it's own timeline.

I think it's a functional prequel hell it's better then alot of other prequels eg star wars

The Prequels didn't have anywhere near as many contradictions as F/Z, something Nasu explicitly states isn't canon to the VN precisely because of that. He only relented and made it canon to the Anime Trilogy which in and of itself is an entirely different timeline than the VN.
The issue with Fate/Zero's characterization of Saber is primarily the fact she comes off extremely pathetic and made far more chivalrous than she ever was before(To the point her outright saying she had to burn down her own towns to win a battle in her life doesn't seem like it would ever happen to F/Z Saber). Hell, Saber in the VN does not and will not take people basically shitting on what she's done for a second and either ignore them hardcore or straight up threaten them into silence(Even Shirou well into their relationship isn't spared this).

I'm not going to bother responding after this because I know who you are and I'm not wasting my breath and neither should anyone else.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
While I'm not going to go serious on Bob and just correct stupidity, said Knight(Tristan) actually hates what he stated as he didn't realize the sheer gravity of the situation and said it on a whim and didn't think he'd be overheard.
None of the Knights actually knew that Artoria was on a battle that would never end in victory(Camelot is fated to fall no matter what) which was why they all have some major regrets whenever they are summoned.
Tristan's statement reflects on how people saw her though, yes it was based on his own preconceptions but pretty much everyone thought she was like that.

Back