• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because "damage soak" is "tanky". Taking importance in distinction between them is just silly. See your point doesn't change.

No, it changes alot actually. Tanking primarily means taking very little to no damage overall meanwhile damage soak is taking damage but not dying from the pain, blood loss or shock and still capable of fighting.

How you see Gilgamesh in UBW is far different than Heracles and Karna taking blows with no damage. The only thing I can say in that sentence is that the distinction is silly is us using this only:

Here, Shirou slashes Artoria Alter's defenseless body from both sides with his final projections. Here, Shirou's last attack from Artoria Alter's perspective, Shirou's attack crushed her spine and splattered her internal organs. The attack is fatal. Here, Shirou's final attack had the force of an explosion, she's only still alive due to her nature as a Servant despite her fatal wounds. Here, due to her regeneration, one needs to crush Artoria Alter's head or heart to kill her, she'll fully heal in 10 minutes time

When we have Mori in Fate/Redline basically instantly repair having his head bisected vertically just by putting it back together amongst many, many other times characters get fully healed from grievous shit as long as their Spirit Core isn't destroyed.

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Tanking something is taking an attack with virtually no damage and still being able to fight at full or optimal amounts of power .

Damage soaking is taking an attack with varying degrees of damage that would impede fighting at full power

There's a reason there's a distinction between them in the first place.

Salfarc

Paramount
No, it changes alot actually. Tanking primarily means taking very little to no damage overall meanwhile damage soak is taking damage but not dying from the pain, blood loss or shock and still capable of fighting.

How you see Gilgamesh in UBW is far different than Heracles and Karna taking blows with no damage. The only thing I can say in that sentence is that the distinction is silly is us using this only:

When we have Mori in Fate/Redline basically instantly repair having his head bisected vertically just by putting it back together amongst many, many other times characters get fully healed from grievous shit as long as their Spirit Core isn't destroyed.
No it doesn't. "Tanky" is a general term that means you can take damage and not fall. Any Servant with BC become "Tanky" by the very virtue that they can take super high damage and still survive. Artoria is tanky by the very virtue of her surviving a hole in her chest. Now compare to Medea who lost to punches. Although Medea would be tanky to magical attacks I suppose?

It's not just Fate's term is quite a general term. Take League of Legend as another example. "Bruisers" and "Tankers" are 2 different roles. Bruisers have a lot of HP and Damage, while Tankers have a lot of HP and defenses. Both have roles as "Tank". Bruisers would be what you call not dying from the pain or blood loss or whatever. Either way both don't die easily and can take damage in comparison to Marksmen, Fighters, and Mage who will die easily and can't take damage. Some bruisers even can build all damage and still have the role of tank for teamfight. Tankers on the other hand do Tanking, which means "take only small damage" yes, but "Tanky" is not so specific.

"Tanky" just means you can take damage and not die easily thats it. Once again, your point doesn't change.

No it doesn't. "Tanky" is a general term that means you can take damage and not fall. Any Servant with BC become "Tanky" by the very virtue that they can take super high damage and still survive. Artoria is tanky by the very virtue of her surviving a hole in her chest. Now compare to Medea who lost to punches. Although Medea would be tanky to magical attacks I suppose?

No because Servants lost magical energy having to repair themselves, meaning they aren't tanking anything, they are getting hurt which reduces their power, it's just that for Servants, they carry such huge reserves of Magical Energy you are better off going for the Spirit Core and ending it ASAP.

It's not just Fate's term is quite a general term. Take League of Legend as another example. "Bruisers" and "Tankers" are 2 different roles. Bruisers have a lot of HP and Damage, while Tankers have a lot of HP and defenses. Both have roles as "Tank". Bruisers would be what you call not dying from the pain or blood loss or whatever. Either way both don't die easily and can take damage in comparison to Marksmen, Fighters, and Mage who will die easily and can't take damage. Some bruisers even can build all damage and still have the role of tanking the damage.

Bro, don't quote RPG terminology to me, I played more RPGs than you ever have. Bruisers have High HP and can do damage but they are not as effective as an actual Tank Class like a Paladin, your terminology literally doesn't work here.

Tank just means you can take damage and not die easily thats it. Once again, your point doesn't change.

Tanking means you take no damage whatsoever, Type-Rey and now me is stating that extremely simple concept. The only times Servants truly no sell things is if they outrank the Weapon being used against them or uses a skill to heavily reduce the damage.

Salfarc

Paramount
No because Servants lost magical energy having to repair themselves, meaning they aren't tanking anything, they are getting hurt which reduces their power, it's just that for Servants, they carry such huge reserves of Magical Energy you are better off going for the Spirit Core and ending it ASAP.

Bro, don't quote RPG terminology to me, I played more RPGs than you ever have. Bruisers have High HP and can do damage but they are not as effective as an actual Tank Class like a Paladin, your terminology literally doesn't work here.

Tanking means you take no damage whatsoever, Type-Rey and now me is stating that extremely simple concept. The only times Servants truly no sell things is if they outrank the Weapon being used against them or uses a skill to heavily reduce the damage.
You don't get it, if they survive a big damage, that means they are tanky. It doesn't mean they are so defensively powerful, just they are "tanky", like Gareth. And I will quote RPG technology to you I can also say I played more RPGs than you do, especially since you don't understand this simple concept. If you want to be stubborn about this, up to you.

Just remember that even someone who have 0 armor can be a tanker in some games as long as they have a lot of HP. You don't need to be invincible such as taking no damage whatsoever.

It's silly to make distinction between them but you do you. It's ironic coz making difference between them is literally semantic...And pedantic.

WOT.png
more Xeno Goku wank?

I mean, 15 years is actually a long time, if he’s changed his views on shit, why not?

As long as he doesn’t practice his former views while expressing the newer it’s fine
also forgot to mention that CBR is the same board that supposedly treats all statements as hyperbole and that feats "must happen on screen" for the statements to be corroborated.

this is why I find his take to be kinda hypocritical.

Triple Accel 555

Preeminent

Frankly, I dunno what the hell Gundam is doing here, but I will pay for crossover game between FGO and Super Heroes Generation series
Kamen Rider OOO
  • Kamen Rider Den-O
  • Kamen Rider Fourze
  • OO Raiser Gundam
  • Freedom Gundam
  • Turn X Gundam
  • God Gundam
- Ultraman Zero
  • Ultraman Nexus
  • Ultraman Mebius
  • Ultraman Saga
  • Turn A Gundam
  • Reborn Gundam
  • Master Gundam
  • Kamen Rider Eternal
  • Kamen Rider Nega Den-O
  • Dinosaurus Greed
  • Ultraman Belial
  • Empera Seijin
    [*]Dark Zagi
  • StraGaia
Any Ultraman is more than enough to solo Chaldea. All of the current Ultraman characters can move at MFTL (Many Times Faster than Light) speed and possess Universe-busting capabilities based on scaling.

Any Ultraman is more than enough to solo Chaldea. All of the current Ultraman characters can move at MFTL (Many Times Faster than Light) speed and possess Universe-busting capabilities based on scaling.

No, I knew that from others who know Ultraman so I'm not surprised, shocked or anything.
I even remember seeing the scene they talked about where one of the strongest Ultramen literally left the Universe entirely and went into the scape of the Multiverse.

There's another series that any Ultraman can solo but some folks here don't like it when you bring that up :mjgrin

Oh yeah, a topic was made about that too lol.

I would consider that a plot hole that the author just didn't realize at the time considering how it invalidates Sukuna's whole plan with mahoraga and how Mahoraga's whole power works and it's solution was to cut space to bypass infinite. Though I'm talking about purple I don't remember Blue doing that to him what chapter did that happen in.

No, it's just Gege wanting Gojo to lose and didn't know how despite Gojo was still fresh while Sukuna wasn't. That was the precise issue people had with Gojo's death next to his horrific character assassination isn't that he died, but his death was offscreen, made no sense at all with how his Six Eyes worked and he was character assassinated.

Are you forgetting Domain Expansions exist and how they work they make UBW useless.

...How would a Domain Expansion make a Reality Marble worthless? This is the equivalent of saying a Nuke can defeat a Servant because not only is that not even remotely true, you are just pulling shit out of your ass about it. When has a Domain Expansion show anything that can exceed a Reality Marble's power? When has it exceeded a Reality Marble's range? How will it be able to upend a User's Inner Soul, their World, their Reality planted onto the surface of the Planet and is able to make the impossible possible?

Saying it doesn't make it true because it never is.

Who do you think is beating EMIYA in a Domain Clash? Sukuna and Gojo, sure, but I'm not saying it would work on them.

AND OF COURSE HE GIVES UP ON EVEN POINTING OUT HOW DUMB THIS QUESTION IS AND HOW IT MAKES NO SENSE! Every single time, users say some of the stupidest shit that can easily be disproven... yet no one steps up and they allow the garbage into play. How would Sukuna or Gojo's DE overwhelm Unlimited Blade Works? Ionioi Hetairoi? Koyanskaya's Reality Marble? Unlimited Lost Works? How do they do so? Like they never understand how it works and forget that DE's don't have unlimited range(Hell, they are only a Hundred Meters across at best and some are even smaller) while Reality Marbles are absolutely GIGANTIC(Iskandar's is explicitly hundreds of miles around considering his distance to Gilgamesh and the Hundred Personas in Fate/Zero).

They come off more like discount Bounded Fields, not Reality Marbles.

Reading this makes the wanking for Domain Expansions, let alone Gojo and Sukuna's, even worse by proxy because:

A domain's can't-miss attack can sometimes be countered with cursed energy reinforcement, but this is an impractical method. The only true defense against can't-miss attacks for those who cannot expand their own domain are anti-domain techniques. New Shadow Style: Simple Domain and Hollow Wicker Basket neutralize the barrier's embedded technique in order to nullify the guaranteed hit function.[19]

Because Nasuverse Mages, let alone Servants, already have the means to Reinforce themselves with magical energy... it's called Reinforcement and Resistance. Servants meanwhile can just dope themselves on Magical Energy, this isn't even getting into the rest of the countermeasures are so damn simple from outside JJK. Hell, it even has the same deal with Domain Clashes that Reality Marbles do but it's even less powerful than that:

The best countermeasure against an opposing domain is to expand one's own domain. This will engage both combatants into a clash of domains where the more refined domain will conquer.[22][23] The time it takes for one domain to dominate in a clash varies on that difference in refinement. E.g. Satoru Gojo's superior domain immediately dominated Jogo's while Dagon's domain took a much more significant amount of time to subdue Megumi's. In the case of overlapping domains, sure-hit effects cancel each other out.[24] When two domains are completely even and the users fight with their domains open, the moment one combatant takes heavy damage or their domain collapses, the other's can't-miss attack will immediately strike.[25] A clash of three domains is even more complicated than two and too many conflicting factors can cause the barriers to shatter before the domains are completely formed.[26]

Domain clashes don't always have to result in one domain conquering the other. Using Domain Expansion against a more refined domain can create a hole in the barrier for them to escape from as well.[27][28]

So what they are saying doesn't even work nor make any sense unless they are trying to say Domain Expansions > Reality Marbles which is god no.

Last edited:

No? It's two completely different systems and they still achieve the same essential thing. (Alternate 'world' contained in a 'barrier' with a variety of effects, appearing far larger on the inside than on the outside.)
The only real difference is UBW has the honor of being able to counter GoB when Gil's just shooting swords and being as unoptimal as possible.
If a domain and UBW clash, either the domain simply works as usual and is inside UBW, or it acts like two domains and they start intermingling.

That's not how that works nor you try and pull that shit in that "It would be slow as shit because it's not against GoB" because it again misses the point(UBW works better than GoB not just because it's a "counter" but because UBW is literally Shirou's concept of Sword made manifest), Sukuna and Gojo would be torn apart for less. Secondly, Reality Marbles don't have Borders, we literally see this when Iskandar uses his to capture the Gigantic Horror, he literally vanishes with it.

Source

Iskander pulls the Giant Horror into Ioinoi Hetairoi

It was at that instant that that huge lump of meat disappeared.

At point-blank range, Rider shouted and activated Ioniai Hetairoi. Archer and Berserker knew not the reason behind the fact that Rider and his subordinate Servants drew in the gigantic sea monster within the expanded Reality Marble.

Artoria, Diarmuid, Irisviel, and Waver can all sense the Giant Horror’s battle inside of Ioinoi Hetairoi

Thanks to Rider's clever scheme, the gigantic sea monster had disappeared without a trace from the water's surface. However, although its form was nowhere to be seen, the Servants and magi gathered there could clearly perceive the presence of the monster raging within the plane-divergent bounded field.
So no, they aren't even the same in use and considering Iskandar can even move the thing up to 100 meters from it's current position, EMIYA can just grab Sukuna and leave the Shrine.

Iskander can release the Giant Horror from his Ioinoi Hetairoi 100 meters from where it was originally consumed
"Then I have a question. When Rider releases the Reality Marble, can he drop the contents at a specific place?"

It was a question without a clear purpose, but it was a race against time, and there wasn't time to ask the questioner's motives. Waver racked his brain for the fundamental laws governing Reality Marbles that he had learnt at the Clock Tower, put it together with the properties of Ioniai Hetairoi
which he had witnessed only once, and gave a cautious reply.

"It should be possible, to a certain extent, probably 100 meters at most. The prerogative for their reappearance lies with Rider."
"B-But Koyanskaya's Reality Marble had a border" and the story outright states that's because it was her BODY the entire time.

I obviously didn't mean experiance in using their DE but in clashing them with somebody else's, though experiance in using your DE doesn't tell me much anyway since after a certain point experiance seems meaningless (talking about how experiance your skill not power). The only character I would say Archer is more skilled then at using his RM than a DE user in JJK is Hiromi Higuruma since the dude in the most recent chapters fucked up in his fight against Sukuna and from the looks of it got himself killed thanks to his inexperiance in using his DE.

I hope this guy realizes that Archer's Projections are him actually using UBW to bring in shit he's seen and not using his Projection right? That's the whole impetus that Shirou understands when he uses UBW, that alone shows how RM users > DE Users in terms of experience. Trying to go for "Look at the DE's that do damage with sure hit" misses the entire point.

Also when was mana or cursed energy in this case ever a factor in DE clashs did I miss something

Considering Domain Expansions uses a massive amount of Cursed Energy to the point only Gojo can use his multiple times a day?(Not even Sukuna can use his more than once and Gojo put a permanent end to that) Meanwhile as long as a Servant has enough Magical Energy and is not in Nasuverse Earth, they can keep up a Reality Marble at very little cost(We know that because Kiritsugu and especially Fabro can keep theirs up without that problem and it's only their resources that's the problem... primarily Kiritsugu's body in his case).

Yuta: Has way more cursed energy than Gojo yet I don't see him winning a DE clash with Gojo

Considering we have no idea hows his work, how do you know that?

Gojo: Has less cursed energy than Sukuna yet they were mostly equal in DE clashs winning losing and even drawing with each other and the factors that let them win or lose wasn't how much cursed energy they had.

Neither one won and both worked at once, what you mean?

Hakari: Gains gains infinite cursed energy when he hits hit jackpot but I don't see him beating Sukuna or Gojo in a DE clash. Also this means he has more cursed energy or mana I guess than anybody in Fate or at as much as a grailed character. Since last I checked being grailed doesn't give you literal infinite mana just so much of it it might as well be infinite for the person using it though that could be the case with Hakari as well.

I don't see how that matters either for the same reason as Yuta's. I even see it being for a less reason considering nothing shows skill or experience or Magical Energy(It gets REAL tiresome admitting that even Archer Jeanne has enough Magical Energy to use her Ocean creating Noble Phantasm and still have plenty of time to fight... and she's actually the middle point in comparison to her Ruler Self, let alone everyone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back