• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

An old thread, but just finding it funny that they believes Kirei to be mostly faithless priest while he is anything but (which is main reason he is so fascinating)

Because people end up watching Fate/Zero's anime which actually did bastardize Kotomine's character by changing the events and subtexts of the shit he does without giving the actual subtext either.
To put it more bluntly, Kirei Kotomine actually IS religious and has a moral center and it's precisely why he hates himself so much. What ultimately made him become evil wasn't Gilgamesh goading him, but him wanting to kill Claudia despite her hoping her death would get him to feel bad for her. To put it plainly, Kotomine is someone inclined towards evil, hates it and wants to be good because that what he was taught and he hates it.

To try and act like Kotomine was never religious is the understatement of the year as he is a genuine priest with genuine faith and THAT'S the entire point of what his wish truly is in Heaven's Feel:

Why does someone like him(Someone who was born evil but was able to gain a consciousness) was even born which in a sense, is the equivalent of asking God why you exist.
So I can see why people can believe that because well Fate/Zero may be a good anime to start Fate with(HA!) but it's a TERRIBLE adaptation and there's a reason why Nasu even at the start of the Volume disqualified it as a Timeline connected to the VN which still holds to this day(To many Fate/Zero fans chagrin).

Proto234

Distinguished
Because people end up watching Fate/Zero's anime which actually did bastardize Kotomine's character by changing the events and subtexts of the shit he does without giving the actual subtext either.
To put it more bluntly, Kirei Kotomine actually IS religious and has a moral center and it's precisely why he hates himself so much. What ultimately made him become evil wasn't Gilgamesh goading him, but him wanting to kill Claudia despite her hoping her death would get him to feel bad for her. To put it plainly, Kotomine is someone inclined towards evil, hates it and wants to be good because that what he was taught and he hates it.

To try and act like Kotomine was never religious is the understatement of the year as he is a genuine priest with genuine faith and THAT'S the entire point of what his wish truly is in Heaven's Feel:

Why does someone like him(Someone who was born evil but was able to gain a consciousness) was even born which in a sense, is the equivalent of asking God why you exist.
So I can see why people can believe that because well Fate/Zero may be a good anime to start Fate with(HA!) but it's a TERRIBLE adaptation and there's a reason why Nasu even at the start of the Volume disqualified it as a Timeline connected to the VN which still holds to this day(To many Fate/Zero fans chagrin).
Agreed.
Frankly he is more legit priest than your run of the mill priests in irl (wanting to unleash Angra and orphans in basement notwithstanding)

Agreed.
Frankly he is more legit priest than your run of the mill priests in irl (wanting to unleash Angra and orphans in basement notwithstanding)

It's why me and @CrossTheHorizon never recommend Fate/Zero as a starting point despite it being THE starting point for Fate(until FGO) because while it's definitely an impressive start to get into... once you notice just how absolutely off Urobuchi made the characters in comparison to the VN or the Anime, you begin to basically reject it's existence.
That's hilariously what happened to R/FateStayNight where it's practically impossible to find people who like Fate/Zero once they really get into Fate for how badly it butchers Event and characters(Because the VN for F/SN actually has Saber clearly remember the 4th HGW at points and she goes into detail about it just like Kotomine did in Heaven's Feel with Claudia as that was his breaking point).

Basically, it's only best to watch it if you just want to see an alternate telling of the 4th Holy Grail War because "Multiverse Theory".

To be fair, alot of shit in Lord of The Rings/ The Silmarillion is stronger than Spacebattles ever gives it credit for so I can forgive them if they are making genuine cases for Smaug.

The problem is that I can guarantee they aren't and just treating Kojirou like he's weak as shit or worse, trying to use certain adaptations and limiting their abilities to that because that's how they roll these days. Like Kojirou scales from Musashi cutting Ivan The Terrible's Trunk no matter how hard they deny it.

King of time

Exceptional
https://www.fanverse.org/threads/female-gorilla-vs-male-bodybuilder-or-strongman.1310698/.
Vine Wtf GIF

Salfarc

Paramount
@Xhominid The Apex

At none of the games were any servants shown being able to directly pull the soul inside a body to interact with it, yes it is said servants can consume soul souls to empower themselves, but every time we were shown that happening it involved something more elaborate than them pulling the soul from the body, wich they should be able to do if they could interact with it like you say they do. For example Medusa either sucks a person's blood or use Bloodford Andromeda, a Huge magical ritual. All exceptions have been either spells or rituals.

And magic circuits are mostly inside the soul, but they also have a physical component present in the body that can be directly interacted with too, or a lot of what mages do, like circuit transplant or surgery wouldn't make sense.
For the love of- Okay, how about this? Servants don't have normal physical bodies, so any attacks that do damage will also harm their souls. Humans and other living things have normal physical bodies, so a Servant can't harm the souls of such things unless the Servant is explicitly capable of doing that normally.

Jack ate hearts to sustain herself in Apocrypha, right? So maybe most Servants can't eat a living thing's soul unless they eat the heart, or something?

Just, please stop trying to argue about it.

Not the author but again, people insisting on it holy shit. They are not writing fanfiction here, they are quite literally argues that Servant a being made of Soul cannot harm another Soul. And therefore they cannot kill demons from Demon Slayer.

Ironic coz they say "can take soul outside of body".

Last edited:

Randomdude

Preeminent
I know Arba is strong in Magi but I also believe they are vastly overcompensating her in this instance. CQC NNT Merlin and Ainz? Sure because both NNT Merlin and Ainz are absolute weaklings in CQC despite any Overlord wank that comes up
Tbf ainz physicals are somewhat decent in a general sense, as he can casually toss around dragon corpses with ease

While getting any exact weight on them is a pipe dream they're still generally massive creatures and the one ainz tossed was the second largest after the dragon lord. Best scale would probably be heimdall and the dragons father as Ainz is able to easily ride on Heimdall's back along with shalltear, gondo, and aura. The dragon he tossed is larger then heimdall and smaller then his father. Even assuming hollow bones (Which I wouldn't bet on, new world physics are so fucky that dragons made of human bones can fly and air resistance seemingly doesn't exist under certain conditions. Im 99% sure the reason dragons can fly in setting is because the author says so....I mean there's a dragon the size of an island covered in plants/rocks/magical materials and he hasn't stopped flying in years) a carcass of a dragon has to be fucking heavy

His agility stat should put him close to the death warrior that cleaved a hail of bullets out of the air. Perfect warrior of course lets him gain a bunch of physical stats as well, though I doubt any of this would actually matter but in general ainz isn't exactly the average weak mage trope.

Last edited:

Proto234

Distinguished

Proto234

Distinguished

I suspect that two full classes of esoteric heroes would have the ability to stun him. Especially since he doesn't have any real feats against being flashed frozen in an icicle. I suspect he could get out through his weird teleportation but it seems he still has to know where the target is going, he isn't omniscient. And when he isn't teleporting he kind of walks menacingly, never chasing his targets down.
Hmm.. Anyone familiar with Saint of Killers can comment?
Heard he's up there in terms of hax

LeonLex

Paramount
Wow there guys. Backtrack to the first comment.
Last I checked, the most impressive thing SoK tanked was a Nuke and Izuku at the least can punch with much more force than a nuclear bomb.
I'm gonna need some solid proof on this first.

Edit: Or is the poster considering movie scaling too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back