• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I see.
And what ships that Wedge use?
Is it GCW era tech or post GCW?

I think that's the Yuuzhan Vong War, so it's post GCW. That said they still use Star Destroyers and the like as main ships of the line as it were, so roughly the same tech level I believe.

Proto234

Distinguished
I think that's the Yuuzhan Vong War, so it's post GCW. That said they still use Star Destroyers and the like as main ships of the line as it were, so roughly the same tech level I believe.
Yeah, but even NR' late GCW fleet tech has improved so much that it matches or probably suprassed Empire' fleet tech (like the Nebula class > ISD). Minus superweapons
Vong era tech should be even better

Doronbo_Shirake

悩ましポーズ
@Doronbo_Shirake I have a question: is there a gudam that can destroy the planet, not counting non canon
The Devil Gundam with time. And maybe Unicorn Gundam.

Also, in the Gundam 00 movie, there are the Large ELS. They aren't Gundams, they are moon sized battleships that can assimilate a planet:
eHgwrIB.png

And since you mentioned non canon, the Ideon can split a planet in half:

In a manga, Judau Ashta is the reincarnation of Ideon's main character.

Last edited:

SupremeZaarin

Illustrious

wow that's alot of hyperbole. At least Invincible and Omni Man on panel fought beings that bust worlds/stars, and on panel easy proven calcs of moving MFTL speeds..... that SW does not have period.
:skully

-Anyone in Star Wars being literally faster than light in combat while also being genuinely Galaxy+ in AP and DC
:lul

Last edited:

Crimson Dragoon

Exceptional
They not only accurately sniped a spaceship in orbit from outside the Star system, they did so in coordination with an attack arriving from a different star system to give it the illusion of more power.
It wasn’t about power, it was about range. The Starlancer project was a sham to trick the Vong into thinking the NR had a superweapon that can strike from lightyears away, and get them to waste resources attacking something that wasn’t real

Also, this is what the barrage on the Worldship looked like in the Vong POV

The laser beam, a meter thick, flashed from the depths of space to strike Tsavong Lah's worldship.

It hit with the force of a turbolaser battery, pouring damage onto the worldship surface, superheating the yorik coral there, scarring deeply into it.

Less than a second later, a void materialized beneath it, intercepting it, swallowing all the damage. The void remained there as the damage continued to rain down. Then, a minute later, the laser attack ceased, and the void disappeared.

In the worldship control chamber, Tsavong Lah took the news of the attack with puzzlement in his manner. "Extent of damage?" he asked.

"Minimal," Maal Lah said. "The damage is already regenerating. Within a day, there will be nothing but a battle scar."

"And you have not found the vehicle or emplacement that fired it."

"No, Warmaster. Though it appears that it was fired from beyond the orbit of this system's outermost planet, and took considerable time to reach our worldship."

"Demonstrating merely that they have enough spotters on the planet below, and that those spotters have enough communications gear, that they can keep track of this worldship's position while it remains in orbit." Tsavong Lah shrugged. "Why would they demonstrate this knowledge in a way that gains them no advantage?"

Both are in Character
Both has no knowledge of each other
Both Character at their absolute strongest form (55 million souls and God inside of him for father and 20 finger for sukuna)

So Sukuna dies a horrific death picking with the absolute worst motherfucker he could? Father just does his Sun trick and throws it at Sukuna.

Eh, once Sukuna pops his Domain Father's going to be dying every moment of the fight. don't think Father's supply is going to last long enough to out do him

Okay, I can never understand this because even when Father depowered was fighting the Amestris Military and getting attacked by EVERYONE at once, he never was unable to do anything due to the constant attacks he took, why would Sukuna's Malevolent Shrine stop him? No, better question, WHY would Sukuna use Malevolent Shrine from the get go? Because we know he never does that first, especially when Father at his most powerful would definitely intrigue him and he would want to see everything he can do... meanwhile Father is no nonsense and was planning on instantly killing everyone there the instant he got The Truth's power if it wasn't for Hohenheim's plan.

Conversely, and this might be a majorly stupid question where I forgot a basic detail, when was it stated Domains had a time limit?

Domains are just barrier techniques, and some barriers have lasted for very long amounts of time like Tengen's barriers.

... I like how Imaginary is now pulling shit out of his ass to pretend Domain Expansions suddenly "have no time limit" despite the fact that they very much do, take up a huge amount of Cursed Energy and Stamina and after it's gone, the user can't use their Techniques properly for a time...

And trying to compare Domain users to freaking TENGEN and other types of Barriers in the series is just stupid as fuck.

Last edited:

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Calling something "bad faith" without giving a justification for such is just a baseless claim that does nothing for the topic at hand. Also, for the record, I've read all of Toaru (haven't started GT9, but know stuff that happened in it).
While I agree that all_fan should probably not make egregious claims such as "Magic Gods can affect the entire cosmology" (despite the fact that he doesn't read the series, and if he did he'd know such a claim is explicitly contradicted multiple times)... you're not much better at all.

We've been through this song and dance before, phases are actual genuine physical spaces/dimensions, and not "merely" filters.

To quote what Darth already said..

Ignoring practically the events which set in motion the plot of the entire novels, the WOG by author, what we're told in GT, the basic working of sparks and destiny. Yeah, a really convincing debunk.

So I beg of you, if you're reading this, just stop.
Please.

Ainz is instantly out because his one-win con time-stop is known by everyone meaning either Merlin (NNT) or Arba kills him.

Anyway I would back Arba since she would crush anyone here in cqc and can just nuke everyone

I know Arba is strong in Magi but I also believe they are vastly overcompensating her in this instance. CQC NNT Merlin and Ainz? Sure because both NNT Merlin and Ainz are absolute weaklings in CQC despite any Overlord wank that comes up(And NNT Merlin is canonically wet napkin paper in physical offense and defense). Fate Merlin though? Sorry, someone who can instantly body a Bel Lahmu amped to the level of a Demon God Pillar in one blitz strike and easily mop up the other one with a casual blast is not getting "easily crushed".

Arba should be capable of being Absolute Cancel'ed by Merlin. Seeing what happened against Isolation Barriers. However, iirc Absolute Cancel dispels spell, Isolation Barriers nullify any and all uses of magic, so if Arba decided to cast an isolation barrier and just CQC everyone she possibly could (?). Considering she, possibly, has the most skill (?).

Ainz gets blitzed most likely. I also wonder, how would his Death hax affect if this was Arba possessing a descendant. Considering her true body is in another universe.

Both Arba and Merlin are adept and masters of teleportation, though Arba range is better. Regeneration goes for Arba if this is her on a descendant, while Merlin and Perfect Cube gives her a good defense and reflection as well as negating teleportation inside of it. Arba can also hyjack minds but require contact to taint rukh (soul) to do so.

I don't get why people treat Absolute Cancel like it works as it should outside of NNT...
Absolute Cancel only works within NNT due to the mechanics of NNT itself, none of that would work in a series outside of NNT, let alone should work in the same proficiency(aka NLF). Of course, NNT Merlin still has her array of bullshit combined with her Infinity quirk that would still allow her to pull wins out of her ass so it depends on how well NNT Merlin can get Arba in a fashion that would effectively allow her to grind her out vs. Arba who can just crush Merlin to paste.

Hilariously, Fate Merlin would just put all 3 of them to sleep or in a bullshit life-like illusion until it's too late and he wins(And he has the same shit as Arba in that his true body isn't located anywhere within reasonable reach... but he can still affect her like he did Tiamat).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back