Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Considering the way he talks about Touma's blatant reaction feats in prior threads with the "muh precog" excuse I'm almost certain he has an account on VSB :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

WTF is it with this Elric character that generates so much salt even today?!

Mondak

Preeminent
To be clear, you're simultaneously arguing both that Trunks is strong enough to destroy a planet with his fists but also that he can't swing a sword with planet-destroying force?
Are being deliberately obtuse? Unless a sword is fucking magic or the wielder has immense strength, then of course a planet blowing up has more force. I actually even said it in a previous post
I'm talking about cutting vs blunt force. Not whatever goofy ass metaphor you're bringing up. An almost dead person survived a planetary explosion. No normal sword should effect him unless the user had immense strength.

So if Trunks can cut Frieza, the same guy confident enough that he could tank Namek blowing up, and then did when he was cut in half and almost dead, how strong must Trunks be to cut the same guy when he was at 100%?

And we already know how much Frieza withstood, since it's been calced on this site. And once again, the Frieza was almost dead. So I don't need another tangent about how much Frieza actually withstood

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'm not saying Trunks is like, as weak as a random dude with a sword or whatever. For all I know he could split a mountain in half with the sword.
He did break a barrier that was containing the windstorm damaging the city

That’s purely a physical feat on his part, which is pretty impressive all things considered

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
The best part is that I don't even have to do anything. Morgan is doing all the leg work for me.

Good man.

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
tenor.gif

Xcano

Unless a sword is fucking magic or the wielder has immense strength,
Yeah, and Trunks has immense strength. That doesn't change the fact that it's a tool and because it has a smaller profile it's going to multiply his pressure. He doesn't need to hit "hard enough to destroy a planet", he just needs to hit hard enough the edge of the blade has equivalent-or-greater pressure. I like, don't think you're stupid. I think if this argument was instead "Why can Wolverine cut the Hulk when Wolverine isn't nearly as strong as the Hulk" you would immediately recognize the issue here.

Anyways, I also don't think Chaos' calcs are very good. I don't really care about discussing them, though, for much the same reason I don't really care about discussing the Attack Pods. That being:
  1. This is where the argument started from. I also think this is the point that you are most obviously overlooking key issues with, so if you aren't really willing to address those here I don't see why adding more elements to the mix would be more productive
    1. Even within the blog itself Chaos measures Zarbon as flattening Vegeta with two-digit kilotons?
  2. You seem to be fairly frustrated as-is and, given how often you're bringing up that you think I'm coming across as pretentious or smarter-than-thou, I also genuinely get the impression that this is less a good faith argument and more so a kind of insecure projection

Mondak

Preeminent
Yeah, and Trunks has immense strength. That doesn't change the fact that it's a tool and because it has a smaller profile it's going to multiply his pressure. He doesn't need to hit "hard enough to destroy a planet", he just needs to hit hard enough the edge of the blade has equivalent-or-greater pressure. I like, don't think you're stupid. I think if this argument was instead "Why can Wolverine cut the Hulk when Wolverine isn't nearly as strong as the Hulk" you would immediately recognize the issue here.

Anyways, I also don't think Chaos' calcs are very good. I don't really care about discussing them, though, for much the same reason I don't really care about discussing the Attack Pods. That being:
  1. This is where the argument started from. I also think this is the point that you are most obviously overlooking key issues with, so if you aren't really willing to address those here I don't see why adding more elements to the mix would be more productive
    1. Even within the blog itself Chaos measures Zarbon as flattening Vegeta with two-digit kilotons?
  2. You seem to be fairly frustrated as-is and, given how often you're bringing up that you think I'm coming across as pretentious or smarter-than-thou, I also genuinely get the impression that this is less a good faith argument and more so a kind of insecure projection
You talk about good faith, while you ignore and refuse to address my arguments? Lol

I've brought up multiple examples of DBZ characters having physical feats that, according to you, that they shouldn't be capable of, because for some reason they don't scale to their own ki attacks. I brought up both Gohan and Goku being able to hurt Frieza with physical blows. And instead of addressing them, you move the goalposts and stonewall with semantics about "sharpness". I'm not going to continue in this circular clownshit they do at spergbattles.

Either explain how beings like Frieza and Cell are even hurt by physical attacks, or don't respond to me

Last edited:
Yeah, and Trunks has immense strength. That doesn't change the fact that it's a tool and because it has a smaller profile it's going to multiply his pressure. He doesn't need to hit "hard enough to destroy a planet", he just needs to hit hard enough the edge of the blade has equivalent-or-greater pressure.

Bro, what you said and what you are trying to insinuate literally makes NO GODDAMNED SENSE trying to rationalize it like that.

Your logic is that Trunks "has immense strength" and that he needs a tool to "multiply his pressure" to cut someone who took a planet violently exploding to his face but then act like you don't need that level of strength to do so, just hit hard enough for a simple sword to make a difference...
My guy, how in the hell can you say something like that unironically and think anything you just said somehow makes you look intelligent?

I think if this argument was instead "Why can Wolverine cut the Hulk when Wolverine isn't nearly as strong as the Hulk" you would immediately recognize the issue here.

We already know why and how Wolverine is able to cut The Hulk and that's due to the weapon itself being his bone claws that further enhanced by Adamantium. And don't you dare try and tell me that's what you are trying to go for with Trunk's Sword as again, King Cold's entire "fight" with Trunks dispels that notion that the sword is special at all, it's just a normal ass blade you can find anywhere

Like you can't think you are being rational when you say dumb shit like this and think you made a point at all.

Mondak

Preeminent
Like seriously, this is how they have threads at SB that go over 10 pages, when it could have been ended in the first posts

"Well, I'm not really sure how strong Goku is, but he did get hurt by a rock that one time. And maybe some Namek rocks shielded Frieza. And Trunks sword is looks pretty sharp. He probably goes Home Depot to get work on it"

This is how they can say Elden Ring is only gameplay level, or Star Wars is slower than the eye can see level because it's a movie. It's as if context does not exist for these people

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member

He doesn't need to, but even a fraction of that force, would be necessary. The edge, and the size makes a difference, but not nearly as much of one as you're trying to claim. The edge makes it easier. It doesn't mean Frieza isn't super-humanly durable.

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I know this post is a bit earlier on, but having just come across it while scrolling through this thread, in my experience, and especially in the last few years in particular, alot of people who "read" toaru, really have no fucking idea what they're talking about most of the time, and are most likely misinterpreting/lying about even the most mundane things they mention offhand. Common misinterps and lies are ones like Multiversal Magic Gods (Lol) or relativistic-lightspeed mid tiers like Kanzaki for blocking magical light beam. Or lightspeed lightning garbage tier characters like misaka clones despite knowing damn well this is retconned to regular lightning speed and a hilarious outlier. Or that British fodder knights are lightning speed.

Make them source everything. single. claim that Toaru supporters make with text from the novels, Because chances are, they are misreading it, intentionally or otherwise. Also make sure its the correct translation from JS06. Any other translation is worthless to cite as the official one is riddled with inaccuracies.

As for the actual Match itself, Carissa herself is above mountain level to some degree using Curtana/Curtana Second and a lightning timer in speed. From what i'm looking at the comments having read some respect threads for Jagganoth, I don't think Carissa herself is useful here at all. Whether worm makes a difference or not I dunno. not likely imo.

@Astaro I think you already know who's saying this :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Genki, when your coward ass feels like it, sign up on here or WorstGen. Don’t just bring up my points you’ve failed repeatedly to ever prove me wrong and only made an ass out of yourself trying.

I’m down for another round of disproving your shit opinions

Last edited:
Back