Circus of Humorous & Humiliating Arguments Part 4 Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
jojo was a weird case because it was the most random ass characters in it being overhyped 10 years ago even though GER, D4C etc were (most of the time) rated fairly. Nowadays we just obviously know weird claims like "Sale and Kraftwerk have better Vector control than Accelerator" and "Ultimate Kars adapts to anything and solos the HST" is uh, not true.

I don't have the exact quote but when rereading it with official scans for the first time I vaguely remember an afterword where Araki said something along the lines of he toned down his powers in recent years to focus more on the world and people, which explains why Parts 5 and 6 skyrocketed the scale and 7&8 dialed it back a bit (sort of, in 7's case. I don't even know if he really said this to begin with I just vaguely remember seeing it)
Literally when has this ever been true :tupac

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
@Qinglong Okay I see what you did now with Saint of Killers. I’d at least mention he can ignore durability by inducing death on whatever his bullets manage to touch.

The guns were made by the Angel of Death and the bullets just need to touch the target at any spot to kill them

That's covered under standard equipment actually so it's fine for now, it'll get a full do over on the move since all the victories etc. will just get removed

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That's covered under standard equipment actually so it's fine for now, it'll get a full do over on the move since all the victories etc. will just get removed
When is that move planned again? I’m still interested in signing up for the wiki

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Tenchi Muyo and Basard are still as strong as ever. I think their of a case of nothing new about them and enough people forgetting them as a result
That's wut I mean
Nobody talks about them when they used to be rampant in the vs community in the 2000s and early 10s

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Bleach just might get an upgrade too if the anime nails it with a clear universe level showing

I welcome it, not because I want the series to be upgraded but just so Bleach fans actually have a feat to argue with over the lame mental gymnastics they resort to
I'm sick of the debate regarding the Cosmology

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That's wut I mean
Nobody talks about them when they used to be rampant in the vs community in the 2000s and early 10s
Yeah but unlike with Saint of Killers. It’s not them being viewed weaker, just largely forgotten these days due to no new material.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Could also argue powercreep. Darsch can no longer take on Dragon Ball, likewise Former Crimson King can no longer wreck the HST or Samurai Deeper Kyo can no longer blitz like half of fiction these days now that lightning timing is no longer anything special or as exclusive to certain series as it used to be

The whole reason we even came here is because Mbxx is a fucking clown and was deleting posts out of old threads, respect threads and any other thread with no warning to the people who own those threads because random german law that he claimed was going to kill a bunch of other websites because "muh copywrite"

It's funny someone asked me something similar in the DB Discord of why we moved from FV to OLF for that same reason today :heston

It's unfuckingbelievable to actually tell someone that and not make it come off as insane as it is.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Toriko is another one that’s become obsolete. At its peak, it nearly replaced Bleach for the HST and it got so powerful thanks to the author’s intricate detail at showcasing insane feats, it was one of the most popular matchups against DBZ

Series then dropped thanks to TOEI’s crappy anime adaptation and the manga eventually got cut short with the declining sales. It also stopped being any kind of competition for Dragon Ball too once Super aired with the universe shaking fight between SSG Goku and Beerus forever leaving it in the dust
You say this but FUCK ME If SB will never use any toriko arc past cooking festival
:heston

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
@Xhominid The Apex

oh yeah I just remembered from your post from some time ago

Island

Not in this case.

Banned members can still participate in PM convos because we technically weren't banning them. We were just removing all their permissions everywhere except in the Konoha Court and calling that a ban.

When Mbxx bans people, he uses the built-in ban function, which removes a user's ability to do everything. AFAIK, everybody he's banned no longer has access to anything, including PM convos.

that's probably what he did to you

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Not to many verses that can take late game Toriko outside Caped Superheros and Pre-Super Dragon Ball admittedly
Then just stop using the verse. Im so tired of
"This Toriko character vs this character"
and then the other character is at max power while the toriko character is cooking festival or 4 beast arc. Shits old

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Take Midora, dude is so fucking stacked with overpowered BS he’s copied, he’s solidly a stomp or gets stomped character pretty much unless you can pair him with an opponent in his weight class whose insanely resilient to all sorts of things

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Take Midora, dude is so fucking stacked with overpowered BS he’s copied, he’s solidly a stomp or gets stomped character pretty much unless you can pair him with an opponent in his weight class whose insanely resilient to all sorts of things
Oh yeah for sure Midora is on some bullshit
Power Copying
Minority World
Hungry Space
Food Luck

niggas busted
:heston

Back