• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Ranked Darkest Dungeon Mafia - Game Thread Day 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
@Grammaton can the curse not be healed btw? there seem to be a lack of night kills i assumed the indie was an arsonist

Ratchet

@Ratchet sorry for the poison btw. But I was so fucking tilted when Craig was open scumming and you supported his push on me…and I couldn‘t have ever claimed my role without getting mislynched anyway.
You could have just claimed - I had you as mostly town but when you start adding vague shit it gets easy to lose that read in the chaos of it all, and then you doubling down and basically resorting to OMGUS wasn't helping. The poison just feels like you sent it as soon as day ended. But look, it's whatever, it got healed and town won, as misplays go is was just on the same level as me watching Ultra over Kurumi - I'd even identified that Kurumi not being able to self target made her the optimal choice to cover but then I tried to get cute with it. Bad play on my part.
but i was right in you, X, tpein all trolling your claims. wud be much easier if u guys put everything on the table, instead of suspecting me for being right, heck even saying i have tmi :zilla2:
You wasn't right - you couldn't establish scum motivation but tried to push it as scum anyway. If you'd thought about it for a few minutes you'd see it makes perfect sense for me to do - if I have no results with my claim if I say as much I'm giving scum free license. At the very least this way I was forcing them to call my bluff, which was basically all I could do. You had everything else to read me from, but your insatiable need to be the main character meant you just had to go against the grain. You were criticising me for being hands-off - Ekko, I had the self-awareness to know I wasn't quite on it this game with scum reads (they weren't bad, but they were mixed) so I knew the best thing I could do was not get in the way and to play support. You would stand to do the same sometimes, especially if you can't even be bothered to be current enough in the thread to make informed opinions.

Also you're talking about taking offence to being included in a team that makes botches like they did - why didn't you apply to same to X or I? I want an answer for this, because you do this too often - one rule for you, and one rule for everyone else.
alco wiggled his way out of day 3 PoE is what lead to most of this, and despite his usage being bad, atleast his claim was straight forward and not lying about it like the other town i had to work with
You'll never improve if this is your mindset.
like i told u to watch kurumi, u come and say oops i abstained cuz i thought i wud die bla bla

then when i take issue with that its tmi.. somehow i am supposed to have tmi on u with my healer and rolecop role

and X.. i dont even know where to start with X
At the time I was considering you/Juice as a scum pairing with lovers attached. It was fringe but that's where the TMI part came from. You'll note I did say it's less likely post Ultra's flip.

You didn't even try to consider the town motivation. But really, I don't mind you being wrong. I mind you not even caring enough to read the thread - how am I supposed to read that when you're deliberately making your opinions a poorly informed as you can?

Ratchet

…I did.

Next time I‘ll just claim.
I don't know if just claiming is always going to be the best thing, you can certainly argue I should have just left it be. I do think if you'd left your action and came back to it fresher you'd probably not make it, but it's not egregious as errors go.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Seems like mafia's roles were very underbaked compared to town's, and I'm guessing that's due to the powerful indies. Even with that and 3/5 of the mafia team being ousted by end of day 2 this almost came down to lylo. Gotta say, my initial joke comment about getting smark vibes from this game turned out to be rather prophetic. :mjpls

Ultra

THE BEAR
Seems like mafia's roles were very underbaked compared to town's, and I'm guessing that's due to the powerful indies. Even with that and 3/5 of the mafia team being ousted by end of day 2 this almost came down to lylo. Gotta say, my initial joke comment about getting smark vibes from this game turned out to be rather prophetic. :mjpls

I was a x1 vig with an insta death passive

I was powerful after all. But no mech here, just me and my trusty rope

Flower

No more tears left to cry...
V.I.P. Member
I don't know if just claiming is always going to be the best thing, you can certainly argue I should have just left it be. I do think if you'd left your action and came back to it fresher you'd probably not make it, but it's not egregious as errors go.
Also about the Hated modifier, when is the best time to even use that? Should that always be saved for endgame?

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
i might have read into it too much because sky wanted to lynch vinegar and it didnt make sense to me that the red indie wud wanna lynch a cursed player so i assumed the player who didnt want to lynch vinegar is the red indie

Magic

Resplendent
considering town's struggles, it should continue like this.

Ratchet

Also about the Hated modifier, when is the best time to even use that? Should that always be saved for endgame?
Not really sure, maybe not both at the same time. I think probably stronger Kate game because it can deny Mafia about to get parity but it's very situational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back