Death Battle Discussion

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
>if Magnus can reach at least Uni

Lmao he doesn't even come close. Even using scaling from Chrono Cross characters early game, he tops out at Large Planet level and Relativistic. It is an absolutely horrible stomp in favor of even DBZ Piccolo, let alone DBS Piccolo
Point there some leeway with wank

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I thought even a fragment of Lavos' shell (i.e. the Frozen Flame) was universal? I remember @Stocking Anarchy bringing that up iirc.

Does Magnus not scale to that? :hm

Sigismund

I though even a fragment of Lavos' shell was universal? I remember @Stocking Anarchy bringing that up iirc.

Nothing Lavos does is even close to Universal, unless you go all the way to Dream Devouver, which is far beyond Magnus (as Chrono's fight with him in the DS version is non canon (and really shouldn't be universal itself since its only Lavos and Schala, missing the Dragon God 3rd fusion to make Devouver of Time). His shell gets busted by either ramming the time machine into it or a concentrated attack by the full party. Chrono Trigger cast wouldn't even clear Freeza Saga toei DBZ, Chrono Cross would go a lot further since they can actually get to universal since they can fully utilize the Chrono Trigger, which in conjunction with the Frozen Flame is universal, but thats not the Frozen Flame being universal, thats because it's unlocking the Chrono Trigger which itself is a universe. The Frozen Flame just lets the CC party communicate and fully activate it.
Point there some leeway with wank
That wank would have to be the biggest walk in DB history, or some very very faulty scaling to late game Chrono Cross characters

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
That wank would have to be the biggest walk in DB history, or some very very faulty scaling to late game Chrono Cross characters
So nothing new
It's more less a generous highball piccolo is in a stomps or get stomp scenario
He stomps Game Knuckles
He gets rekt by MMH
He stomps Magus

But outta all three them Magus brings something new to the table as opposed to Dragon Ball getting rekt by DC once again or just stomping game sonic which is why they had to do Archie vs Heroes

Sigismund

So nothing new
It's more less a generous highball piccolo is in a stomps or get stomp scenario
He stomps Game Knuckles
He gets rekt by MMH
He stomps Magus

But outta all three them Magus brings something new to the table as opposed to Dragon Ball getting rekt by DC once again or just stomping game sonic which is why they had to do Archie vs Heroes
TBH if you want something fresh to try and get for DB thata still related, better to check out the Dragon Quest games, they get a lot closer in power.

Chrono Trigger's best match would probably be Terra vs Crono, a different Final Fantasy game vs .... well an unofficial Final Fanatsy game. And thats a lot closer

Maddie

Acclaimed
Is there any way to actually contact the DB team for ideas? Out of uniqueness and thematics sake I would still like to intercept the potential production of Pennywise vs Freddy for Pennywise vs BOB (I know Twin peaks is obscure but that's a Catch 22, can't be shown because it's too obscure but it can only be less obscure by being shown more)

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Is there any way to actually contact the DB team for ideas? Out of uniqueness and thematics sake I would still like to intercept the potential production of Pennywise vs Freddy for Pennywise vs BOB (I know Twin peaks is obscure but that's a Catch 22, can't be shown because it's too obscure but it can only be less obscure by being shown more)
The official DB server

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I thought even a fragment of Lavos' shell (i.e. the Frozen Flame) was universal? I remember @Stocking Anarchy bringing that up iirc.

It caused one dimension to split into two, so yes it is. The Black Omen was also able to warp time and space across millions of years and Lavos is repeatedly said to have infinite power.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
ghost_rider_vs_spawn_sprite_collection_by_argenn_dfwo1zj-fullview.jpg

Sigismund

It caused one dimension to split into two, so yes it is. The Black Omen was also able to warp time and space across millions of years and Lavos is repeatedly said to have infinite power.
The Black Omen didn't warp time over Millions of years, it explicty only exists when Zeal and the Mammoth machine in conjuction sustain it with a bit of Lavos's power between 12000BC and 2300AD. And that was sustained by all 3 of those characters, hence why it dissappears after you defeat Zeal in the past and why it explictly doesn't exist in 65Million BC.

And the Frozen Flame split off a part of time to make another dimension, but thats not universal in and of itself, since the opposite dimension isn't the entire universe for itself. Its Universal when used in conjuction with the unlocked Chrono Trigger, which is an entire other Universe. Kid and the Chrono Cross party scale to that. Lavos doesn't scale to that outside of Devouver of Time, ans thats because thats a 3 way fusion between Him, Schala and the Dragon God.

Magnus doesn't scale to any of that alongside the Chrono Trigger Party. They top off around Large Planet Level, still scaling from Zeal and Chrono Cross Early Game. But Lavos himself without his fusions isn't Universal. He just has really good time dimension fuckery on a Large Planet level scale.

Lavos is stated to have near invite power, but just that near. Not fully infinite, and almost always by weaker creatures he is threatening.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Black Omen didn't warp time over Millions of years, it explicty only exists when Zeal and the Mammoth machine in conjuction sustain it with a bit of Lavos's power between 12000BC and 2300AD. And that was sustained by all 3 of those characters, hence why it dissappears after you defeat Zeal in the past and why it explictly doesn't exist in 65Million BC.
The Black Omen onscreen is shown to not only warp space and time across different time periods, but also to create portals to a parallel dimension.
RlVgoq.gif

6OxAThc.png

A gate leading to another dimension that appeared in the Primeval and Medieval times - beyond that, the dinosaur people lived quietly. Crono and his friends, who gained their trust by chance, will receive various requests from the dinosaurs living in the village.
And the Frozen Flame split off a part of time to make another dimension, but thats not universal in and of itself, since the opposite dimension isn't the entire universe for itself. Its Universal when used in conjuction with the unlocked Chrono Trigger, which is an entire other Universe. Kid and the Chrono Cross party scale to that. Lavos doesn't scale to that outside of Devouver of Time, ans thats because thats a 3 way fusion between Him, Schala and the Dragon God.
Where is there any evidence of any kind of this? The other dimension is directly refered to as being a parallel world, we see multiple attacks from space remain the same across both worlds, the moon and the five stars are connected to the Dragon God who was eaten by Lavos in both worlds, and Chronopolis directly refers to these worlds as universes.
I3i6uAV.jpg

Magnus doesn't scale to any of that alongside the Chrono Trigger Party. They top off around Large Planet Level, still scaling from Zeal and Chrono Cross Early Game. But Lavos himself without his fusions isn't Universal. He just has really good time dimension fuckery on a Large Planet level scale.

Lavos is stated to have near invite power, but just that near. Not fully infinite, and almost always by weaker creatures he is threatening.
When is Lavos stated to be near-infinite? Both the English version and the Japanese version say he has infinite power.
この黒の夢は、ラヴォス神へとつながる道。
わらわに無限の力をあたえてくれる神殿。
おぬし達のもとめる未来なぞ
この奥におわすラヴォス神があられる限り
望むべくもないわ!
This Black Dream is a path to the god Lavos.
A temple that provides me with infinite power.
You ought not even wish for such things as
the future you seek as long as the god Lavos,
who dwells within here, exists!
QLhvHvQ.png

If more evidence is needed, Lavos was killing the Entity which was putting strain on all of time in both the Japanese and English versions.
(Original Japanese kanji)
老人「違う時間を生きる者が、4人以上で
  時空のゆがみに入ると、次元の力場が
  ねじれてしまう……。
  しかし、この所、時空のゆがみが
  多くてな。
  お前さん達の様にフラリとここへ
  あらわれる者もいる……。
  何かが時間全体にえいきょうを
  およぼしているのかも知れんな……。
(Literal translation)
Old Man: When four or more people who live in different times enter a space-time distortion, the dimensional field warps... But there have been so very many space-time distortions recently. There are even those, like you, who pop up here... Perhaps something is having an effect on time in its entirety...
(Original English SNES translation)
OLD MAN: When 4 or more beings step into a time warp, the Conservation of Time theorum states that they will turn up......at the space-time coordinates of least resistance. Here. Disturbances in the space-time continuum have increased recently. Far too many folks are just popping in here...I fear something is having a powerful effect on the very fabric of time...
Time is infinite.
IwAh1bc.png

Sigismund

The Black Omen onscreen is shown to not only warp space and time across different time periods, but also to create portals to a parallel dimension.
RlVgoq.gif

6OxAThc.png

Where is there any evidence of any kind of this? The other dimension is directly refered to as being a parallel world, we see multiple attacks from space remain the same across both worlds, the moon and the five stars are connected to the Dragon God who was eaten by Lavos in both worlds, and Chronopolis directly refers to these worlds as universes.
I3i6uAV.jpg

When is Lavos stated to be near-infinite? Both the English version and the Japanese version say he has infinite power.

QLhvHvQ.png

If more evidence is needed, Lavos was killing the Entity which was putting strain on all of time in both the Japanese and English versions.
(Original Japanese kanji)

(Literal translation)

(Original English SNES translation)

Time is infinite.
IwAh1bc.png
Hm, I guess I was wrong on the near infinite part and didn't remember thos exact statements. I just remember V's calc on the Palace being sustained by Zeal on the world map, and Lavos's causal rise calc, and forgot those parts rip.

Tho that makes 1005AD when Marle and Crono die with the fall of the Kingdom even more BS. But even with this, not much speed to be able to blitz Piccolo with hax sadly.

Fair enough I can admit when Im wrong lol. Nice to See CT that strong.

Back