• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Dio Vs Alucard

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
it's just time stop in general but we've always extrapolated it to apply to Diavolo as well. Maybe that's flawed idk but I have no issue with it, Diavolo says things as far as clouds at least are affected

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
We've always considered Diavolo's universal afaik. Cant exactly erase parts of time without it affecting the universe

Sigismund

It was him moving his hand yes. Which is what reactions are. Within melee distance Dio and company can move at those ect. But he's not blitzing anyone outside of that range

I know what OBD standards are.....

Cool

He would still have to get close

Where did I do that. Again, ill wait

Lemme save you some time though cause I never fucking said it lol

Literally irrelevant

See above

If you cant extrapolate by how much its again, irrelevant

He got better stamina. Not unlimited stamina
Ok, since you know OBD standards tell me, what's the OBD standard opening engagement range and field if OP doesnt specify?

Thats also ignoring that Alucard has nothing to put DIO down from from outside of that range so speculation on that really doesn't matter.

So even if we extended the range to Alucard being a Millions miles away to not get blitzed it doesn't matter has for him its either "put my hand in the bender or the bender eventually finds me anyways".

Yes Dio still has to get close, but so does Alucard. He is bloodlusted, he isnt running away and hiding he is fighting. Also no real place to hide in the OBD standard battledome, and no sun to come out and Kill DIO for him.

Yeah I got you mixed up with anothe rperson who tried to used the Blood feat as reason and called it TK, my B there.

Very much not irrelevant as in the few minutes in the fight, DIOs paused time grew from 5 seconds to 11 Seconds and was continuing to grow until he was killed.

So for a person who can physically outspeed and outmatched Jonathan Joestar, someone who outran an explosion that had a headstart without Hamon and while his throat was torn out, moving around with and FTL punching machine, just how far he can get in that paused time very much matters as does the fact it grows. None of Alucard's familars can keep up with Dio, nor have any way of effectively putting him down.

Vs Alucard and his familiars, who have a shitton of Blood, yes Dio's stamina is effectively Infinite. He regenerates and gets boosts of energy when he drinks blood, both parts show that. Alucard's armoes are just a buffet

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Aight since universal timestop range makes it moot I'll continue if you want

Im aware starting distance is 10 meters but the point was Dio would eventually not have the stamina to continue as Alucard has regen and it doesn't cost him souls to do so as per his fight with Anderson and it would take a holy relic (which Dio doesn't have) to stop his regen and kill him. So Alucard would be able to regenerate without having to sacrifice his familiars and even if he did you'd have to prove Dio could do so three million times.

As to not having the capacity to kill Dio, what do you think the town level blood tsunami is for and it's something that can be done from further than 10 meters...........

You could factor in things like Dandy's cards or Rip's bullets as well but because of Dio's ftl reactions I didn't even bother bringing them up as despite how powerful they are they're way to slow to actually tag him. A blood Tsunami on the other hand isn't something he could dodge without also having to spam timestop

Sigismund

Aight since universal timestop range makes it moot I'll continue if you want

Im aware starting distance is 10 meters but the point was Dio would eventually not have the stamina to continue as Alucard has regen and it doesn't cost him souls to do so as per his fight with Anderson and it would take a holy relic (which Dio doesn't have) to stop his regen and kill him. So Alucard would be able to regenerate without having to sacrifice his familiars and even if he did you'd have to prove Dio could do so three million times.

As to not having the capacity to kill Dio, what do you think the town level blood tsunami is for and it's something that can be done from further than 10 meters...........

You could factor in things like Dandy's cards or Rip's bullets as well but because of Dio's ftl reactions I didn't even bother bringing them up as despite how powerful they are they're way to slow to actually tag him. A blood Tsunami on the other hand isn't something he could dodge without also having to spam timestop

Dio keeps punching in timestop until Alucard's body is completely vaporized when the timestop ends.
Rinse and repeat. Add in Dio's massive speed advantage, he can even stop to just drink Alucard a few dozen times to keep up the pace.

This isnt Schroedinger Alucard, he isnt regenerating from nothing.

I mean Dio can canonically Fly and jump really high.

Blood Tsumani doesn't do anything vs that + timestop. Its also not Town level unless we high ball it and even then, and since its a giant wave the energy is displaced over the millions of gallons of blood. It wouldn't be enough to vaporize Dio's body even if it hit, so its just force feeding Dio Food at best.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Dio keeps punching in timestop until Alucard's body is completely vaporized when the timestop ends.
Rinse and repeat. Add in Dio's massive speed advantage, he can even stop to just drink Alucard a few dozen times to keep up the pace.

This isnt Schroedinger Alucard, he isnt regenerating from nothing.
Dio isn't reducing him to nothing as he doesn't have the ability to vaporize anything

the most he could do is reduce him to a pool of blood which Alucard can regenerate from and unless he keeps time stopped indefinitely I don't think he wants to be drinking Alucard

I mean Dio can canonically Fly and jump really high.
Don't think you know how high tsunami's get. Let alone one that could fill London

Blood Tsumani doesn't do anything vs that + timestop. Its also not Town level unless we high ball it
Uh no, Qin even told you he just used a timeframe of 5 minutes which was what the original assumed when it clearly didn't take 5 minutes. As of now the only thing we have to go one is the volume of blood which was enough to fill the place.

Though truth be told I wonder if an actual volume could be found by multiplying the amount of blood in an average person by 3 million and see if there's something to compare it to visually 🤷‍♂️

and even then, and since its a giant wave the energy is displaced over the millions of gallons of blood. It wouldn't be enough to vaporize Dio's body even if it hit, so its just force feeding Dio Food at best.
Uh no. It's mass and it has the ability to crush/pulverize ect

Also you can't keep using vaporization in a literal sense unless they've shown it:maybe

Sigismund

Dio isn't reducing him to nothing as he doesn't have the ability to vaporize anything

the most he could do is reduce him to a pool of blood which Alucard can regenerate from and unless he keeps time stopped indefinitely I don't think he wants to be drinking Alucard

Don't think you know how high tsunami's get. Let alone one that could fill London

Uh no, Qin even told you he just used a timeframe of 5 minutes which was what the original assumed when it clearly didn't take 5 minutes. As of now the only thing we have to go one is the volume of blood which was enough to fill the place.

Though truth be told I wonder if an actual volume could be found by multiplying the amount of blood in an average person by 3 million and see if there's something to compare it to visually 🤷‍♂️

Uh no. It's mass and it has the ability to crush/pulverize ect

Also you can't keep using vaporization in a literal sense unless they've shown it:maybe
Once you apply enough energy into an object, it starts to break apart and come apart.
Dio can apply enough energy into Alucard's body to vaporize him. Alucard hasn't shown DC feats enough to counter act this. This is basic OBD and always has been there, even for characters who normally don't vaporize people with their sheer physical strength.

I'm aware of how tall tsumanis can get. The 1000 foot tall theoretical tsumani wasnt what Alucard made, he made more several 30- 50 foot tall waves being generous.

Something DIO and Jotaro were far above in their fight in Cario.

4.5 millions gallons of blood (how much blood is in 3 million people as the average person has 1 to 1.5 gallons of blood in their body) is enough to match... about 7 Olympic Pools (which each have 600k+ gallon requirements) Nowhere near enough to match a tsumani wave 1000 feet tall (or even the feat as shown in the show). People actually don't have that much blood compared to body weight and certainly a shittone less than fictional characters.

Aka nowhere near enough power to put Dio down. Dio got split in half, and was still alive after his head/stand was destroyed hence why they needed to put his body in the sun to kill him. Arakk confirmed that, and the sheer dmg we see part 1 DIO take to his body, even with Jonathan's Luck and Pluck hitting him in thr head with Hamon, it won't be enough to put DIO down.

Even the wave shown in series doesn't have enough power to keep Dio down. Waves were not destroying buildings, simply sweeping people and cars away.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Once you apply enough energy into an object, it starts to break apart and come apart.
Dio can apply enough energy into Alucard's body to vaporize him
Breaking something apart isn't vaporization

This is basic OBD and always has been there, even for characters who normally don't vaporize people with their sheer physical strength.
No it hasn't. There is a clear difference between something like vaporization and pulverization and it's something we have to note even for calcs

if anyone has used "vaporized" its purely in a casual manner and not meant to be taken literally as vaporization.

I'm aware of how tall tsumanis can get. The 1000 foot tall theoretical tsumani wasnt what Alucard made, he made more several 30- 50 foot tall waves being generous.
spreading it all out in different directions, accompanied by thousands of his familiars each, and then drawing and even larger amount of blood back afterward

4.5 millions gallons of blood (how much blood is in 3 million people as the average person has 1 to 1.5 gallons of blood in their body) is enough to match... about 7 Olympic Pools (which each have 600k+ gallon requirements) Nowhere near enough to match a tsumani wave 1000 feet tall (or even the feat as shown in the show). People actually don't have that much blood compared to body weight and certainly a shittone less than fictional characters.
[/QUOTE]

Which means the feat shown is actually greater
Aka nowhere near enough power to put Dio down. Dio got split in half, and was still alive after his head/stand was destroyed hence why they needed to put his body in the sun to kill him.
Thats not the same as being completely crushed

Even the wave shown in series doesn't have enough power to keep Dio down. Waves were not destroying buildings, simply sweeping people and cars away.
considering its stronger than Walter's wires which was already effortlessly downing skyscrapers its a moot point

Sigismund

Breaking something apart isn't vaporization

No it hasn't. There is a clear difference between something like vaporization and pulverization and it's something we have to note even for calcs

if anyone has used "vaporized" its purely in a casual manner and not meant to be taken literally as vaporization.

spreading it all out in different directions, accompanied by thousands of his familiars each, and then drawing and even larger amount of blood back afterward

Which means the feat shown is actually greater

Thats not the same as being completely crushed

considering its stronger than Walter's wires which was already effortlessly downing skyscrapers its a moot point
[/QUOTE]
That intro was just shorthand speak for saying we still apply physics in the OBD. Dio's timestop has shown that it stacks damage in an area taht all happens at once when time resumes. That will be enough enegry to vaporize Alucard's cells eventaully as Alucard hasn't shown high enough DC to resist that.
Because Alucard has regenerated from Blood pools. Blood and vicera being turned into steam and Plasma are different

Yes it is, because we have explained in on this very example before. Eventually the energy sticks around and would cause a vaporization with this technique to people below the DC limit like we do with most physicials strengths.
Being hit by a punch with the force of a megaton if youre a normal human will vaporize you. As in legitimately vaporize you. The same concept still applies here

The blood drawn back was the 30-50 foot tall wall I was being generous with. Still isn't enough to put down Jonathan Joestar alone, not even touching Dio.

Yeah its not the same because ehe wouldn't be completely crushed. Its a slow wave of familairs and blood vs a Vampire that no matter how you want to put it, is so much faster than that wave it doesn't matter. I dont think you have fully grasped the speed difference here. From DIO's point of view it will take Alucard Years to react to anything he does, even without the timestop.

Even Part 1 Dio has the speed to turn Alucard into a statue. A Tsumani of blood and familiars will quickly be gotten out of by Dio is its not a giant crushing wave of millions of gallons of blood to him, its a puddle with statues

Last edited:

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Massively Outclassed Alucard in all physical stats far beyond the ability to blitz, outright resists or isnt affected by any of Alucard's powers and the Holy Objects dont work on Jojo Vampires

Alucard's only real hope is to spread himself far enough that the sun comes up to kill Dio for him. And unless we set this fight to being only a few minutes before sunrise that won't happen before Dio's slaughtered the millions of souls within Alucard or destroyed his heart
Pretty much this. Among other reasons, Dio was manhandling multiple stands that are literally millions of times faster than Alucard's best reaction feat meaning Dio will already burn through most of Alucard's lives before he even has a chance to react (and that's without the casual time stop can spam infinitely on top of that). Dio is also several hundred times stronger than any physical feat Alucard has (with or without his familiars) so overpowering him is a no go, add on to that his third eye may or may not even be able to sense Dio's stand at all which is gonna deliver twice the beating. None of his attacks or his bullets have the dc to even put a dent in Dio assuming he just lets them hit him and doesn't casually flick them away like he did with Emerald Splash's ftl bullets. Alucard's blood manipulation and soul supply will only serve to satiate and fuel Dio's stamina (again assuming if Dio would even get worn out by the time it's all over anyway).

Hell there are enemy stando users in Part 3 far more powerful and broken than Alucard who shit their pants at the thought of getting on Dio's bad side. Dio's gonna put the actual fear of GOD into Alucard before roadrollerdahing him over and over again.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I don’t know if Dio can actually kill him
Obliterate him one soul at a time until he has none left or force him to use level zero and then turn him into blood mist, or freeze and then shatter him. This is of course when Al's without Shroedinger. With it, While Dio can still whoop his ass in the stat department to kingdom come, he no longer has a way to kill him, whereas Alucard technically might, outside of the sun baking him.

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
Just thought I'd point out that DB is only clocking the blood feat at building level+.
1gi51ce.jpg

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
a single punch from The World is still beyond Alucard. iirc the numbers from the diamond busting Star Platinum did came out even higher than Tarkus' cliff buster
I remember when that one guy on the old OBD years and years ago claimed that Stands don't scale to lower tier physical feats like Tarkus casually breaking a cliff.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
DB Might actually say that

even though Dio is using Jonathan's body who is > Tarkus and The World is stronger than him, plus him flicking away Emerald Splash

and the diamond feat on top of that

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I remember when that one guy on the old OBD years and years ago claimed that Stands don't scale to lower tier physical feats like Tarkus casually breaking a cliff.
Dio himself is stronger than Tarkus and he's obviously not stronger than his Stand

OBD has had a lot bizarre JoJo downplay over the years

Back