• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Dio Vs Alucard

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
We only ever saw two major named Vampires use the eye liquid lasers in the manga:

- Dio (Part I)
- Straights (Part II)

Dunno but I never bought that Dio made the technique
Did Araki ever state that the ability was common to all vampires or not?

Sigismund

We only ever saw two major named Vampires use the eye liquid lasers in the manga:

- Dio (Part I)
- Straights (Part II)

Dunno but I never bought that Dio made the technique
I mean considering none of the Hamon users that seemingly fought vampires before recognized that ability, and Dio created the Flash Freeze technique, its 100% possible Space Ripper Stingy Eyes (Yes that is the Canon Japanese name スペースリパー・スティンギーアイズ ) was created by Dio

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I mean considering none of the Hamon users that seemingly fought vampires before recognized that ability, and Dio created the Flash Freeze technique, its 100% possible Space Ripper Stingy Eyes (Yes that is the Canon Japanese name スペースリパー・スティンギーアイズ ) was created by Dio
You have to remember that Vampires have been around almost as long as the Pillar Men began interacting with humans, for tens of thousands of years. Its not like Zeppelli has the end all be all of Hamon users or knowledge on Vampires, they certainly predated Dio with the Stone Mask.

Its possible Dio created it but it seems weird that no Vampire used that ability before him.

Sigismund

You have to remember that Vampires have been around almost as long as the Pillar Men began interacting with humans, for tens of thousands of years. Its not like Zeppelli has the end all be all of Hamon users or knowledge on Vampires, they certainly predated Dio with the Stone Mask.

Its possible Dio created it but it seems weird that no Vampire used that ability before him.
I mean Tom Petty, Dire and Straitzo all didnt recognize those techniques before fighting Dio also. Straitzo uses them as a vampire yeah but thats decades after Dio.

Also all of the fodder Vampires across part 2 never come close to using or discovering them.

Dio may have just rediscovered lost techniques that seemingly no Vampire has used since the Pillar Men wiped out a lot of the Hamon tribes, but well seemingly no Hamon user knew about any of those techniques, even the most well informed ones who had faced Vampires before. In effect of the story, Dio created the method he uses and Straizto copied that.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I mean Tom Petty, Dire and Straitzo all didnt recognize those techniques before fighting Dio also. Straitzo uses them as a vampire yeah but thats decades after Dio.

Also all of the fodder Vampires across part 2 never come close to using or discovering them.

Dio may have just rediscovered lost techniques that seemingly no Vampire has used since the Pillar Men wiped out a lot of the Hamon tribes, but well seemingly no Hamon user knew about any of those techniques, even the most well informed ones who had faced Vampires before. In effect of the story, Dio created the method he uses and Straizto copied that.
The only major Vampires we've seen have been:

- Dio (Part I)
- Tarkus
- Brutus
- Straights

Zeppelli didn't know about that ability. Neither did Straights or Dire or Jonathan in Part 1 and Joseph only knew about it in Part 2 thanks to Speedwagon being there along side Caesar's grandfather and Jonathan Joestar during the entire story with Dio after he became a Vampire after using the Stone Mask to kill the cops and get revenge on Jonathan and George I.

Like we've conjectured, its just very odd that Dio manifested this ability, I'm more willing and inclined to believe he rediscovered it rather than created it. Also while Straights witnessed Dio using the ability the first time and Dio is the first vampire to do so in the story, Straights also showed superior regeneration and recovery without needing to absorb human blood/life force unlike Dio. Maybe that was due to him being Ripple/Sendou/Hamon master or maybe simply being a trained martial artist with superhuman abilities BEFORE becoming a vampire but I really do think it just proves the Space Stingy Ripper Eyes which just a lost high level vampire ability.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
They were resurrected and presumably empowered by Dio

That or medieval knights can cut cliffs in JJBA's version of Earth, which isn't impossible either :mjlol

They weren't actually Vampires like he was

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Either that or they were quasi-vampires. Either way, Tarkus and Brutus were more impressive then every other vampire save Dio and Straights in JJBA.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I remember when that one guy on SB argued Wang Chan was physically stronger than all of the Pillar Men

just because he wanted Jonathan to beat Joseph in some thread

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I had to ask. Because recently Jump has been releasing many Novels to be a companion to the novels. Most were supported by the Mangaka. Wasn't sure where JJBA was.

Back