Dungeons & Dragons Feats and Lore General

In Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus 5e campaign book, you have a Dragonborn Paladin of Tiamat by the name of Arkhan the Cruel from Toril via Forgotten Realms setting who had a brief visit to the world of Exandria (the same world where Critical Role and The Legend of Vox Machina takes place) where he came into the possession of an artifact Hand of Vecna.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A few notes I took of my own a while back (all from 5e).

The tsunamu spell allows for the creation of a tsunami 300 feet tall and wide and 500 feet thick.

The gods of Dragonlance are bound to that setting alone, and exist as constellations.
One can also control the weather 5 miles around them, including creating storms and reducing the temperature to Arctic conditions, should the caster desire it.
Heavy rain, hail, or snow 5 Cold 5 Storm
6 Arctic cold
You can also create your own demi-plane 30 feet across, and access it again in the future.
Blue dragons can create thunder storms within 6 miles of their lair.
The kraken can control the weather within 6 miles of its lair, and cause water elementals to coalesce within 6 miles of the lair, and mind control unintelligent aquatic creatures within 6 miles of its lair.
The krakens once served as fierce warriors of the gods, and can create or stop storms to its will, and they can breathe air as well as water.
The Far Realm exists beyond the known multiverse, and may be its own seperate multiverse with its own laws.
The Far Realm is beyond the known multiverse. In fact, it might be an entirely separate multiverse with its own physical and magical laws.
The DnD multiverse contains endless worlds, and all DnD settings and player campaigns.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Seeing this reminds me of how Spelljamming and stuff involving the Plane of Shadow could both also be used to travel to different settings. Or how Dragonborn were literally transported from the Nentir Vale to the Forgotten Realms.

Makes you wonder about the scaling implications.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
In 4th Edition, both Balors and Pit Fiends are considered epic tier monsters. Which, in the context of 4E specifically means anything from levels 21 to 30.

The interesting part about all this? They're on the same level as abominations such as Phanes and Atropals. This isn't to say every balor or pit fiend scales to them, but the top tier ones would easily. So while the majority of them would sit around city level as normal, the absolute highest end balors/pit fiends would certainly rank around continent level. Personally I'd put the original six balor demons and the Dark Eight here as well.

Here is Joe Manganiello’s character Arkhan, the Oathbreaker Paladin Berserker Barbarian Dragonborn, after betraying Vox Machina by stealing the Hand of Vecna and teleporting away. The same Arkhan from Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus 5e campaign, that campaign setting is a prequel to Larian Studios Baldur’s Gate III. Arkhan resides in his tower in Avernus the first layer of the Nine Hells of Baator, with his two other companions his Minotaur bodyguard Torogar Steelfist, and his Tortle Death Cleric Krull. Arkhan also has his own Manticore Chango and can summon his Chimera Asojono.

Last edited:
So I thought that each setting had its versions of the same-named deities, but it turns out they all might be one and the same. Depending on what setting, they have different power rankings. Like they could be a lesser deity in one setting and a greater deity in another setting.

D&D deities can be worshipped in multiple spheres/settings. Depending on the number of worships and the nature of those spheres, they have different levels of power and understanding. They could even be referred to as other names and have different alignments depending on the setting. Belief plays an essential role for them like, say, for example, Mystra. In Toril, via Forgotten Realms, they believe that Mystra knows everything regarding magic and is classed as a greater deity in that setting. In Krynn via Dragonlance, magic has nothing to do with her, and she would have to start at the bottom ladder as a lesser deity to work her way her influence.

On Hallowed Ground, an accessory book for the Planescape setting is the source for powers and pantheons. Planescape is a setting that bridges multiple D&D worlds together. Here is a more in-depth explanation.

Here is a section from 2e Faiths and Avatars, "Multispheric Powers, or Is Tiamat Dead or Not?". Takhisis and Tiamat may be either the same entity or separate entities.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Got around to playing Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone again, a fun little hack and slash in the same vein as the LOTR Return of the King game. Being part of the Forgotten Realms setting, it also provides us with some decent stuff.

In one of the cutscenes, Khelben Arunsun, an epic level wizard and archmage, explains that the two main antagonists of the game, the Githyanki Cireka and the Slaad Lord Ygorl fought each other within the eponymous Demon Stone, before saying that either one of them would end up destroying Faerun if set free.

Ygorl later ends up fighting Khelben later on in said cutscene. In a later cutscene partway through the mission, Ygorl ends up winning handily.

Also, Drizzt Do'Urden shows up in a later mission, and proves to be just as competent as the rest of the protagonists, if not moreso. He even comments that he'd help the others deal with Ygorl and Cireka if he wasn't needed at Mithral Hall.

So yeah, even without putting Slaad Lords at the same level of power as Demon Lords and Archdevils, it's still more evidence for country/continent level epic level characters.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
I remember this game. The soundtrack was a banger.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So I took another look at some of these, and I noticed a few things

Turns out some of those are against Will defenses, meaning defending them wouldn't count as reaction feats. Which would render them void... if this wasn't 4th Edition where everyone and their mother had abilities that count as reaction feats. Not just the ones also posted above, but I found multiple more within the basic PHB:

(http://imgur.com/a/mvgxhOT)

And these are just a small amount of such abilities, I could post way more if I wanted to. And to think, most of these are low to mid level abilities, not unlike the aforementioned star feats. And if we assume that said stars are a similar distance to our equivalent closest star? We might just be looking at MFTL feats for everyone, not just the top tiers. Between this and the epic tier scaling, it's funny how the most divisive edition would end up giving the series the biggest boosts.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Warlocks can BFR foes by straight up throwing them into a "remote and terrible corner of the cosmos"

Also, more spells involving attacking with starlight. 4e seems to really like shoving in FTL feats

Who knows, I might do a calc with one of these so we can get some concrete numbers.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Easy stuff to work with but I figured it might help if we got some actual numbers out of all this.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
how strong is this nigga
"Not as strong as the dragons from Game of Thrones" -SB

Nah but for real though: probably a lot stronger than I thought, for one. At least the Tarrasque should be continental+ when scaling from other epic-tier monsters and characters. At the same time, he's consistently comparable to several godly avatars and aspect, such as those of Tiamat and Lolth, as well as being only slighly below or equal to demon princes such as Orcus. Who themselves are often comparable to godly avatars. In addition, he should be comparable to Allabar, who is a literal planet.

So it's likely that, in addition to receiving the MFTL+ scaling that nearly everyone gets, the Tarrasque might actually be legitimately planet level.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
damn I ain't expect that

oh is there any difference in editions for the Tarrasque? I used the 3E pic because that's the "iconic Tarrasque" in my mind

Last edited: