• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Game Unranked Archived Fairy Tail Mafia - The Dawn of Fiore [Main Game Thread] (Game Ended - Zeref Dragneel and Acnologia have won the game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

This site just opened so hardly many games to play.

This comment also seemed fake to me.
My comment or his seemed fake?

Anyway, there have been about 6 ranked games - all town losses. I don't think the town have been horrible in all of those, but there has been a lot of bad town play. I'm again not sure why you would find a comment weird without first checking if it even holds up or not.

Lord Melkor

Exceptional
My comment or his seemed fake?

Anyway, there have been about 6 ranked games - all town losses. I don't think the town have been horrible in all of those, but there has been a lot of bad town play. I'm again not sure why you would find a comment weird without first checking if it even holds up or not.

His comment.

I quess i was considering the site new. I just registered and yes, was to lazy to check mafia history here.

But you explanation is helpful, thanks.

Ratchet

You wouldn't make it that obvious, would you?
Well I wouldn't say so, but I mostly wanted you to talk/elaborate on your scum reads. That was, after all, the point behind me voting for you (I'm more than happy to switch back to Xadlin, so you only really need to meet the basic requirement of reasoning out your opinions).

Kobe

Paramount
Well I wouldn't say so, but I mostly wanted you to talk/elaborate on your scum reads. That was, after all, the point behind me voting for you (I'm more than happy to switch back to Xadlin, so you only really need to meet the basic requirement of reasoning out your opinions).
I see. If you want a reason, I did find your enthusiasm earlier questioning Magic slightly overcooked.

I'm kind of familiar with X playing twice as scummates with him, so his posts does feel nostalgic. Expecting him to drop Rainbow shit in late D2 with "100% town lock". Are you teammates, though? Hmm, probably not.

John Wayne

Illustrious
No, I was discussing Hime's. A brief glance over the context, which you must have seen to go back and find this post, would have told you this.
And are you familiar with Hime's style?

Well, it's not without reason. Prof is a playr who, historically, has a difficult time reading me. I wanted to get him to commit to one way or the other because that is a good way for me to see his thought process.

Yet if you push someone who isn't ready to commit, you're inevitably gonna get forced responses regardless of alignment, and that could lead false positives.

Performative how, exactly? I elaborated on the FoS part later, and given that this was the crux of my discussion with Prof, you don't really get to dismiss it as an aside here.

I dunno you seem interested in attacking terminology use here.
Are you just using words without regard for their actual meaning? Not arrogant, no, the expectaton was that if he were compelled by it he would do what you have, here. Attempt to establish the argument.

Noted.

It doesn't assume anything - it is factual that scum would have an easier time sheeping reads than they would leading lynches. Given that TSworder's argument was very general in regards to his wagon, I wanted to see what his reasoning was as to why he didn't seem interested in most of the people sheeping it.

Yet this site has a record of scum winning every ranked game as you yourself have admitted. Despite that you go in and argue about coasting scum when probability suggests otherwise.

This isn't what I'm doing at all though - I was responding to Magic who was telling me that Tone was a fair read of players who can reason their way through the game as Scum, there is really not much investment on my part at all.

If this is you with no investment I shudder at the thought of what you look like when you're invested.

Or perhaps this is just boasting.

Ratchet

I see. If you want a reason, I did find your enthusiasm earlier questioning Magic slightly overcooked.

I'm kind of familiar with X playing twice as scummates with him, so his posts does feel nostalgic. Expecting him to drop Rainbow shit in late D2 with "100% town lock". Are you teammates, though? Hmm, probably not.
The X read is fine. Can you explain further on my enthusiasm here - surely there is more to read my play from than just that, right?
And are you familiar with Hime's style?
I sure am, in fact I think I've either played in or hosted every game she's ever played.
Yet if you push someone who isn't ready to commit, you're inevitably gonna get forced responses regardless of alignment, and that could lead false positives.
No, Prof will abstain from giving these reads largely out of paranoia/nervousness - by requiring him to hold one I draw out behaviour and reasoning from a slot that is otherwise completely null. You'll note that I haven't exactly given him a hard time over his reasoning.
I dunno you seem interested in attacking terminology use here.
That isn't remotely performative, though. Pedantic, you can argue, though I would retort that establishing exactly what the position one holds entails is pretty important in spite of potentially being pedantic.
Yet this site has a record of scum winning every ranked game as you yourself have admitted. Despite that you go in and argue about coasting scum when probability suggests otherwise.
You say this as if it's some sort of gotcha, but in every game here Town have been beaten by scum that coasted. You don't need to take my word for it - you can check the games yourself. Probability is very much on my side here.
If this is you with no investment I shudder at the thought of what you look like when you're invested.
This is a bait and switch - you initially claimed that I was invested in establishing that my scum and town games perfectly mirror one another, it had nothing to do with the general investment I've had with the game itself. I maintain that one post where I say I'm pretty good at faking tone does not require me to be invested in encouraging an argument that would only serve to increase paranoia around my slot.

None of this feels very well thought out to me - @Dr_Professor83 can you run by me which parts of this you like please?

Kobe

Paramount
Well I'm voting you to draw behaviour out - I explained that two posts ago. In other words, precisely because I don't think there is much to read you from.
In other words, you haven't given much thought to your vote.

Ratchet

In other words, you haven't given much thought to your vote.
Beyond it being designed to pressure you, no - I feel like this is plenty transparent already. I also don't think I need to have strong reasoning to justify it - the absence of readable positions from you does that for me. I don't feel like your play so far warrants a higher burden of evidence.

John Wayne

Illustrious
This is a bait and switch - you initially claimed that I was invested in establishing that my scum and town games perfectly mirror one another, it had nothing to do with the general investment I've had with the game itself. I maintain that one post where I say I'm pretty good at faking tone does not require me to be invested in encouraging an argument that would only serve to increase paranoia around my slot.

Curious how you reach this conclusion based on what I said

It was a general statement on how much effort you appear to be putting in already... so if there's an even higher level, that would be terrifying

Kobe

Paramount
Beyond it being designed to pressure you, no - I feel like this is plenty transparent already. I also don't think I need to have strong reasoning to justify it - the absence of readable positions from you does that for me. I don't feel like your play so far warrants a higher burden of evidence.
You have played with me many times. You know all too well that such tricks are cheap. Instead, you could for example ask X why he is voting for me as he seems to share the same sentiments as you. See if that reinforces your reasoning.

Ratchet

Curious how you reach this conclusion based on what I said

It was a general statement on how much effort you appear to be putting in already... so if there's an even higher level, that would be terrifying
This just isn't true:
Why is Town Ratchet this invested in painting his scum self as being perfect at imitating his town self hmmmm
This isn't what I'm doing at all though - I was responding to Magic who was telling me that Tone was a fair read of players who can reason their way through the game as Scum, there is really not much investment on my part at all.
I think it's pretty clear that your statement was not originally intended to be a general statement at all, you were in fact very specific in regards to what you thought I was putting effort into, so now I'm going to need you to explain how you got from there to here, in a way that isn't just you blatantly moving the goal posts.
You have played with me many times. You know all too well that such tricks are cheap. Instead, you could for example ask X why he is voting for me as he seems to share the same sentiments as you. See if that reinforces your reasoning.
I've played with you about 3 times. This being the third, if I'm not mistaken.

John Wayne

Illustrious
That isn't remotely performative, though. Pedantic, you can argue, though I would retort that establishing exactly what the position one holds entails is pretty important in spite of potentially being pedantic

Establishing position can be done without being overly pedantic, you're kinda conflating it here.

No, Prof will abstain from giving these reads largely out of paranoia/nervousness - by requiring him to hold one I draw out behaviour and reasoning from a slot that is otherwise completely null. You'll note that I haven't exactly given him a hard time over his reasoning.

Which is what makes that one post stand out, it looks strange.

You say this as if it's some sort of gotcha, but in every game here Town have been beaten by scum that coasted. You don't need to take my word for it - you can check the games yourself. Probability is very much on my side here.

If this is true, then this site is in a very sad state... Still a powerwolf could use this info as a pretext to push lynches onto low activity players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back