• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Fiamma of the virgin right gets a visitor

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Just throwing it out there, Othinus never specified the number of calamities it would take to break the universe either

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
i thought the magic gods didnt because they suppressed power or whatever intentionally to not do it

if thats the case then they are just irrelevant to this discussion in general
I mean, if a Magic God outright says something is capable of replicating their destruction and the only reason they don't do that is because of a barrier specifically put in place to prevent that from affecting reality... :maybe

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I mean, if a Magic God outright says something is capable of replicating their destruction and the only reason they don't do that is because of a barrier specifically put in place to prevent that from affecting reality... :maybe
Jesus Christ, its still speculation.
Before the battle even began, Marian had likely used the sword to cut through the surrounding space and create a sort of barrier around the area. If she had not, the appearance of the different mythical figures would have created a mysterious phenomenon much like Angel Fall. Or the power could have exceeded the limits of the world itself and everything would have shattered like glass.

Having destroyed the world herself, Othinus knew that was no exaggeration.

We don't actually know what would happen if said barrier doesn't exist so you are just arguing hypotheticals.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Jesus Christ, its still speculation.

We don't actually know what would happen if said barrier doesn't exist so you are just arguing hypotheticals.
Why would Othinus note the destruction part in particular if that wasn't the more likely thing to happen?

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Why would Othinus note the destruction part in particular if that wasn't the more likely thing to happen?
Because she lost the power to defend against either.

If Othinus had been at full strength, she could have crushed Marian in a single blow.

There would not even be a need to kill her. She could simply throw her into a world of happiness.

But that was no longer the case.

Things had changed.

She could not even produce light from her fingertips, so she had no way of stopping Marian’s actions. Her life was so puny that the giant would crush her underfoot and Marian would not even have to turn the sword her way.

literally one line after

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Because she lost the power to defend against either.

literally one line after
Then why would she be worried about defending against something similar to Angel Fall?

We already know that Imagine Breaker would make Touma immune to that.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
..which makes no sense because we already know Touma could just nullify the source of whatever is causing the Angel Fall like effect.
for one, we only know that them being released could cause a phenomenon like angel fall, not angel fall itself we don't know wtf would happen like I keep saying. And second, doesn't change the fact she's weak enough to get killed easily like she herself says.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

A visual representation of what this thread has become.

Back