Final Fantasy XIV Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
So is the consensus right now that plurality lynch works better than majority? I am more used to it.
im inclined to belive plurality is better purely cuz of our activity and cooperation levels

hosting JJK in majority style to see it from host PoV

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
CFDs are bad play, if you understood what a Chinese Fire Drill is named after then you might see it

Magic

Resplendent
CFDs are bad play, if you understood what a Chinese Fire Drill is named after then you might see it
they're good for gauging reactions, as in if it's really a lost day you can see how certain peoples react to the possibility it might go through on a particular player. Abandoning a phase long process to lynch someone nearly at random near the end of the phase because they posted something scummy and you want to somehow walk you back on your impulse is shit.

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
they're good for gauging reactions, as in if it's really a lost day you can see how certain peoples react to the possibility it might go through on a particular player. Abandoning a phase long process to lynch someone nearly at random near the end of the phase because they posted something scummy and you want to somehow walk you back on your impulse is shit.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Awesome game! So town you were really good! Ekko, bpd, Gram and magic was on our tail the whole time.

The only way we turned it around was with how tweet blended in and especially psychic being thought as town at the end.

I’ll have to apologize for my play. Not being as active and engaged was a neg from my side. I hope the more I play the more I will be better at learning roles and such.

Sad we had that outburst at the beginning of the game but what’s mafia without its drama I guess.

My votes for town mvp’s goes to ekko, magic and gram

:smug: :pog: :pog:

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
In the Asphodelos wing, the remaining Keywards, along with Lahabrea, were stood. The intruders had all been dealt with, the recaltricant amongst them given specially isolated cells, and they were the fortunate ones. No one would know the truth of what transpired in Pandæmonium, and all consigned to its cells will be forgotten to history.

The fell beasts within will surely be feasting well tonight.

Rej - Alphinaud Leveilleur, a Town Vanilla was lynched.

With the Town no longer being able to achieve its victory condition, the Mafia Pandæmonium Keywards (Lethal, Xadlin, Hans Tweetenberg and Psychic) have won.

Full roles will be posted shortly. Thanks for playing.

Scum wins again.
What a surprise.

MVP Tweet
Hm kekko and psychic
Chadlin too.

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
they're good for gauging reactions, as in if it's really a lost day you can see how certain peoples react to the possibility it might go through on a particular player. Abandoning a phase long process to lynch someone nearly at random near the end of the phase because they posted something scummy and you want
Ekko got robbed.
Nuff said
Mugged himself

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Also gg scum team.

I do think the odds were stacked against us once day 1 and night 1 ended with 4 dead town, and one for being a modkill but it is what it is. Like I told Magic in dead chat, his one real mistake was not pouncing on @Hans Tweetenberg for claiming role-blocker. There being two town role-blockers shouldn't have been entertained just because the Fate Game had 3 of them, delving into too much role speculation is a way to make the game hazier and harder for town.

It was just a mischance but that can happen in mafia games. If Tweet had been caught there, after already getting Lethal/Godfather the previous day, I'm not sure how the rest of the game would've played out. As for the mistakes scum team made, letting a stump-vig survive longer and longer before offing them is a bad choice; he can still talk and tell other town what his actions, PoE, and suspects are even if "killed", you want to get rid of stump roles faster, not earlier, just makes the lie construction harder to spin.

Regardless for town:

Craig did great.
Magic did great.
Grammaton did well.
Ekko did fine (for the most part) when he wasn't obsessively death tunneling Craig/Cop.
Melkor again gets killed night 1.

Tweet did really well despite the sort of apathetic play in the late game.
Psychic and Xadlin too.
Lethal dunno why you would claim Serial Killer and think SK/T-Pein would CC you to survive a lynch but I've heard that's a thing on WS.
Odd did okay at first, executing GF but the lack of cooperation was a recipe for disaster.

Don't know how I was the only one to get the hint that Craig had an *important* role but at least I can be content I didn't latch onto Ekko's movement to try and use him as a counter lynch.

I also am a bit down on myself because I wasn't able to do enough to stop my own lynch in day 1.
Too little.
Too late.

Emil

Average Diabellstar Witch Enjoyer
V.I.P. Member
Also gg scum team.

I do think the odds were stacked against us once day 1 and night 1 ended with 4 dead town, and one for being a modkill but it is what it is. Like I told Magic in dead chat, his one real mistake was not pouncing on @Hans Tweetenberg for claiming role-blocker. There being two town role-blockers shouldn't have been entertained just because the Fate Game had 3 of them, delving into too much role speculation is a way to make the game hazier and harder for town.

It was just a mischance but that can happen in mafia games. If Tweet had been caught there, after already getting Lethal/Godfather the previous day, I'm not sure how the rest of the game would've played out. As for the mistakes scum team made, letting a stump-vig survive longer and longer before offing them is a bad choice; he can still talk and tell other town what his actions, PoE, and suspects are even if "killed", you want to get rid of stump roles faster, not earlier, just makes the lie construction harder to spin.

Regardless for town:

Craig did great.
Magic did great.
Grammaton did well.
Ekko did fine (for the most part) when he wasn't obsessively death tunneling Craig/Cop.
Melkor again gets killed night 1.

Tweet did really well despite the sort of apathetic play in the late game.
Psychic and Xadlin too.
Lethal dunno why you would claim Serial Killer and think SK/T-Pein would CC you to survive a lynch but I've heard that's a thing on WS.
Odd did okay at first, executing GF but the lack of cooperation was a recipe for disaster.

Don't know how I was the only one to get the hint that Craig had an *important* role but at least I can be content I didn't latch onto Ekko's movement to try and use him as a counter lynch.

I also am a bit down on myself because I wasn't able to do enough to stop my own lynch in day 1.
Too little.
Too late.
dont flame me i was the only one standing up for u for an extended period of time :blobfacade

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Yeah actual good game fun wise, sorry about the entrance to this one, lost my composure. Lethal, whether on purpose or by accident you tied it all together for me, stuff like he claimed SK to take the heat off. I read the you vs Nat posts as the team connect, you ordering me to do stuff just like Gram, yada yada yada throw ekko in there and bam, mind nurgled. Hans and Xadlin, flipped me off right under my nose a 100 times over, Psychic in full stealth

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Play wise, in the other timeline my plan worked, in this one I got what I deserved.

Big round of cheers to Ratchet for the double host

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
And apologies for some of these recent posts, I actually passed out still posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back