V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

sorry planidium but this isn't a question

but for real, i think this is still applying a human ideal onto reality by relating what is commonly observed as order and chaos to the concept of good and evil or assigning words like 'destructive' to them, since it still relies on what people perceive as being destructive. i don't think the idea of absolute order is something that's inherently good and the same applies to absolute chaos and evil. i do think conflicts of all kinds are natural but i think they exist in a state of neutrality prior to people viewing them through their own lens.
Would you kill a newborn? If not why? Because of the consequences or because your apparently nonexistent moral compass forbids it?

Murder and death are by all definitions considered evil, from humans to worms. Every living organism considers its own death as "evil" even if it lacks the emotional and intellectual capacity to understand it. On a grander scale destruction is in its nature "evil" as compared to order, although absolute order breeds destruction through stagnation. The same way limited or natural chaos and destruction breed life and change.

Saying that good or evil doesn't exist goes against life itself, if the universe is dead and devoid of any sentience and life then yes it would be considered neutral however as long as there is life to observe and experience it then that life will have its own ideas of what is good or evil. You say that good and evil are subjective and I agree however that doesn't make them illusions as for each living individual their own perception is real as is their own personal good and evil.

What is less easily distinguished is exactly where the good ends and the evil begins, what's good for one creature is evil to another. In that sense you are right that on a grander scale the definition loses meaning but that same grander scale is separate from life itself, a whole different reality of inanimate existence if you will. Life is build around the very concept of good, evil, bad, pleasure, pain, happiness and sadness, to lack these is to be a rock.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Would you kill a newborn? If not why? Because of the consequences or because your apparently nonexistent moral compass forbids it?

Murder and death are by all definitions considered evil, from humans to worms. Every living organism considers its own death as "evil" even if it lacks the emotional and intellectual capacity to understand it. On a grander scale destruction is in its nature "evil" as compared to order, although absolute order breeds destruction through stagnation. The same way limited or natural chaos and destruction breed life and change.

Saying that good or evil doesn't exist goes against life itself, if the universe is dead and devoid of any sentience and life then yes it would be considered neutral however as long as there is life to observe and experience it then that life will have its own ideas of what is good or evil. You say that good and evil are subjective and I agree however that doesn't make them illusions as for each living individual their own perception is real as is their own personal good and evil.

What is less easily distinguished is exactly where the good ends and the evil begins, what's good for one creature is evil to another. In that sense you are right that on a grander scale the definition loses meaning but that same grander scale is separate from life itself, a whole different reality of inanimate existence if you will. Life is build around the very concept of good, evil, bad, pleasure, pain, happiness and sadness, to lack these is to be a rock.
i still think it all comes down to perception as opposed to good and evil being innate. i don't think they are forces that exist in any tangible form in the universe, and instead exist only as concepts as a means for us to understand things. the fact that they're subject to change depending on individuals, societal norms, etc only enforces this for me. there are obviously certain things that, on average, people would object to, like killing a newborn. and this isn't exclusive to humans either, but i think there are other reasons at play, like biological factors (i know certain animals have been observed to display emotions similar to humans, though).

in the case of humans, i think we are generally empathetic in nature since we're able to discern what pain is and, at an early age, can recognize when other people are feeling pain. there are exceptions but more often that not, i think people instinctively don't want to cause pain to others, and want to help others within reason, and a newborn baby is about as defenseless and helpless as you can get. but none of this really has any bearing on the existence of good and evil imo. i don't think life itself is a force of 'good', rather, something that happened to come about through causality.

that being said, this is all entirely independent from my own moral compass, what ideals i have, and what i believe is right or wrong. as people i think we ought to embrace this aspect of ourselves rather than conquer it and in that sense, yes, i see life as a force of good. though there is a difference between that and what i think is 'true' on a cosmic scale. ultimately we are a small dot in an unimaginably vast universe.

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game
dad rock

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Have you ever spoken to the voices of the elids?
Have you ever heard their pain? Their screams? Their happiness? Their Creed?
Do they demand stuff from you too? Do they scold you at any chance they get?

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Have you ever spoken to the voices of the elids?
Have you ever heard their pain? Their screams? Their happiness? Their Creed?
Do they demand stuff from you too? Do they scold you at any chance they get?
?

what is the most interesting, unusual conversation you’ve had?
this is pretty tough. the only ones i can think of are just unusual and not really interesting or particularly remarkable. i'm probably forgetting something. i apologize for the boring answer

Why'd you pick the username Jane?
because of the term jane doe

How would you describe yourself in less than five words?
stupid fucking annoying bitch

Back