jane ama.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
it's interesting how this is the jane ama thread and yet none of you are asking me questions.

it's interesting how this is the jane ama thread and yet none of you are asking me questions.
If there's no pleasure without pain, no light without darkness and no good without evil then does that mean some of us are forced into being evil because a certain balance must exist for there to be good? If so then is true evil even real if it's mandatory on an existential level?

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
If there's no pleasure without pain, no light without darkness and no good without evil then does that mean some of us are forced into being evil because a certain balance must exist for there to be good? If so then is true evil even real if it's mandatory on an existential level?
good and evil are human concepts so no i don't think that's the case and i don't think 'true evil' is an inherent aspect of the universe either for the same reason

Do you like Bladee
not really

good and evil are human concepts so no i don't think that's the case and i don't think 'true evil' is an inherent aspect of the universe either for the same reason
Indeed the concept of a good and an evil are just a human's way of viewing the universe however the fact remains that existence is based on a duality, order and chaos. Both are crucial for creating, maintaining and ultimately destroying this reality. The choice to give certain names to these aspects of existence is entirely human as our brains favour order over chaos, it's one of the reasons we moved to sociality rather than remaining solitary creatures. The more we are the more we can control. Absolute order is good and absolute chaos is evil, both are equally destructive.

For something to grow other must decay, for something to be built other must be demolished, it's the constant change between order and chaos that makes up life and the universe we live in. Whether something seems evil or good to us means nothing in the grand scheme of life, everything moves, for every death there is birth, for every tear there is joy.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Indeed the concept of a good and an evil are just a human's way of viewing the universe however the fact remains that existence is based on a duality, order and chaos. Both are crucial for creating, maintaining and ultimately destroying this reality. The choice to give certain names to these aspects of existence is entirely human as our brains favour order over chaos, it's one of the reasons we moved to sociality rather than remaining solitary creatures. The more we are the more we can control. Absolute order is good and absolute chaos is evil, both are equally destructive.

For something to grow other must decay, for something to be built other must be demolished, it's the constant change between order and chaos that makes up life and the universe we live in. Whether something seems evil or good to us means nothing in the grand scheme of life, everything moves, for every death there is birth, for every tear there is joy.
sorry planidium but this isn't a question

but for real, i think this is still applying a human ideal onto reality by relating what is commonly observed as order and chaos to the concept of good and evil or assigning words like 'destructive' to them, since it still relies on what people perceive as being destructive. i don't think the idea of absolute order is something that's inherently good and the same applies to absolute chaos and evil. i do think conflicts of all kinds are natural but i think they exist in a state of neutrality prior to people viewing them through their own lens.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
AmA like these are supposed to be quirky, not filled with philosophy

Back