Luke Skywalker vs Jojo Villains

I was mostly thinking of the latter with this.

The entire prospect of stopping Time should be should be universal by default tbh. Stopping a personal temporal field doesn’t seem to be the same as actively stopping time itself.

I believe that's genuinely ridiculous to give it to every single instance of Time Stop when most are in the general area or only across the Planet because otherwise all hax might as well be Universal by that logic.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yes it does. People need to stop pretending like it’s not

Otherwise, all hax are the exact same
By their very nature a lot of hax are dumb similar to the point where it doesn't matter unless there's something distinctly unique about the ability. Global Timestop>Local timestop but it terms of functionality they do the exact same thing. Same with a bunch of hax like cutting space. We're obviously going to give higher attack potency to the guy who can cut more space but again they do the same thing. So resistance to 1 should give you a resistance to most unless there were underlying circumstances

The case by case basis come when looking at a third party interacting with the aforementioned examples like analyzing what kind of resistance they would have , where does it come from, how it works mechanically..etc.
Well yeah, which is exactly what we do in vs. debates :skully

I was mostly thinking of the latter with this.
Pmuch.

The entire prospect of stopping Time should be should be universal by default tbh. Stopping a personal temporal field doesn’t seem to be the same as actively stopping time itself.
It should, but fiction never works that way so we don't just give every time stop universal feats.
The reason GER gets hyped up so much is because of range too

Otherwise we’d just laugh at the NLFs it tends to get
Sort of? The range is what lets it hit outside (the majority) of Jojo's weight class but that's only because it's ability is fucking retarded. You can restrict it to planet level and it would still be dumb lol. The ability to say fuck you to any attack or action your opponent might make and force them into an endless deathloop without having to have ANY input from the user is just that fuckin broken. Then you add range and suddenly GER is contending with Marvel Cosmics

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Well yeah, which is exactly what we do in vs. debates :skully
Who's we ?

The reason it had be stated was exactly because niggas don't get this and don't do this.

You're conflating your own understanding of how shit works with the general understanding of everyone at your own peril my nigga.

Drop by the Arguments tread on a Wednesday and you'll b scarred for life

Last edited:

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Who's we ?

The reason it had be stated was exactly because niggas don't get this and don't do this.

You're conflating your own understanding of how shit works with the general understanding of everyone at your own peril my nigga.

Drop by the Arguments tread on a Wednesday and you'll b scarred for life
Fair enough lol

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
5541820-feels%20serpindel%20break%20and%20chewies%20death.png

RIP Chewie

Darth Nihilus

Lord of QUALITY
V.I.P. Member
Shadows of Mindor is another example of how strong Luke Skywalker really is. This takes place months afte ROTJ and he's getting gains. Hell he had gains in Shadows of the Empire as well for those who read the novel. I think it's about time we make our own Luke Respect Thread because he deserves one.

I may have to start reading again from the beginning but that sounds like a fun project. Jojo characters as well. But yeah. Once he steps up to GER is when things get tricky as fuck.

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
I ultimately have to agree with Rey here, unless we have a DAMN good point on how strong a certain type of hax is, Rage very, very much = Potency because you are obviously affecting things throughout that entire Range vs. just a small ass area UNLESS said hax explicitly can affect those that can even deal with Time Stop(So Case By Case).

But those types are not as numerous as people think.
Of course, it doesn't stop Luke from murdering everyone who isn't Giorno because GER is bullshit but there you go.
Wasn't it you guys who said that JoJo touches multiversal range, while star wars are limited to only universal from like one statement???

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Wasn't it you guys who said that JoJo touches multiversal range, while star wars are limited to only universal from like one statement???
No? OBD is one of the few to actually touch on SW being multiversal due to statements on the Force encompassing more than one universe. Not to mention GER is like, one of the only things that really push JOJO to multiversal due to the nature and range of it's ability, the other I think is Tusk.

Welsh_Dragon

Paramount
No? OBD is one of the few to actually touch on SW being multiversal due to statements on the Force encompassing more than one universe. Not to mention GER is like, one of the only things that really push JOJO to multiversal due to the nature and range of it's ability, the other I think is Tusk.
Wait, it was only GER that was multiversal??? I thought everyone worth their salt was. DIO, Jotaro..etc etc.

Back