• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Like I'll be real here:
Aizen is a hilarious antagonist and pretty cool due to not being made into a chump at any point... but he's ultimately a shit character because that's all that he is.

Now this isn't a bad thing because not all Antagonists need to be deep and have multiple layers to them to be good(*Sigh* The Joker is one and Kefka is another), but yes, Aizen ultimately isn't a good character but he is a good Antagonist.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Like I'll be real here:
Aizen is a hilarious antagonist and pretty cool due to not being made into a chump at any point... but he's ultimately a shit character because that's all that he is.

Now this isn't a bad thing because not all Antagonists need to be deep and have multiple layers to them to be good(*Sigh* The Joker is one and Kefka is another), but yes, Aizen ultimately isn't a good character but he is a good Antagonist.
Complete agreement with that there. As I also made a distinction with Aizen being a great villain and shit character.

However, I think I know why people seem to believe that Aizen is a good character. It's because Aizen's charisma sucked in the readers. Putting them in a illusion that he was a good character when in reality he didn't have a personality.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
8443fadf146f6c1133f2cec6a2ca9b72--nerd-cave-saiyan.jpg

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
The one thing I remember about Aizen is him pulling his Clark Kent to Superman thing when he revealed himself as evil. Mainly cause I thought it was funny :skully. Gotta perform evil but not before I slick my hair back with some high quality spirit gel or some shit.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
I'd prefer none unless it were an anthology series showing us more around the world and lore instead of a straight up adaptation of the game, which is meant to be played more to the player's choice instead of having a simple liner route. Kinda similar to Fallout not working as a direct adaptation really.
I understand where you're coming from, but I do think It's entirely possible to find a good, multiple seasons plotline that would work as well. Could also be something entirely original to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back