• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #12: the law of the victory, is courage and hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
KO_MEKWARS_sm.jpg

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I thought the watchers weren't supposed to do shit :rock
Apparently this is the reason why they made that rule to not do shit. that's how bad their fuck up was

That's not any better. The Ultimate Nullifier will erase them with even more ease.

It's not like Norrin doesn't fit the requirements. All he has to do is stay calm, composed, and know what he wants to erase from existence.
Knowing Marvel they are gonna have some random who on earth pull it off

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
with the power of modern marvel writing this can still happen
Godspeed. I only hope his suicide is swift and painless. Only the lord knows the writers wont make it so.
Apparently this is the reason why they made that rule to not do shit. that's how bad their fuck up was
Not exactly consistent with them being created by the Fulcrum for the exact purpose of watching and monitoring cosmic cycles of the multiverse and the planets within while the Celestial's are the ones who experiment and physically interact with said multiverse.

But ah, who am I kidding. This is today's Marvel, not the past.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Not exactly consistent with them being created by the Fulcrum for the exact purpose of watching and monitoring cosmic cycles of the multiverse and the planets within while the Celestial's are the ones who experiment and physically interact with said multiverse.

But ah, who am I kidding. This is today's Marvel, not the past.
Oh definitely. current writers dont care about the past unless they can use the past to do some weird bullshit

E

Example

Unconfirmed
Oh definitely. current writers dont care about the past unless they can use the past to do some weird bullshit
Yea, like having Luke Skywalker be portrayed as a hermit drinking green milk out of whatever that thing is in his first appearance in the movie The Last Jedi...

People will warm up to that movie and the Rise of Skywalker eventually though. It's just going through a Prequel Trilogy phase when the first movie came out in 1999 and the people at the time balked at it.

Yea, like having Luke Skywalker be portrayed as a hermit drinking green milk out of whatever that thing is in his first appearance in the movie The Last Jedi...

People will warm up to that movie and the Rise of Skywalker eventually though. It's just going through a Prequel Trilogy phase when the first movie came out in 1999 and the people at the time balked at it.

This ain't the fucking Prequels my dude, not even on the same goddamned level. I should slap you for that comment.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
im saying this as someone who initially liked TLJ a lot the sequels are just ass

like even as janky and weird as the prequels are, they actually have some kind of substance and creativity to them

none of the sequels added anything new or did anything unique in a fundamental way

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
rise of skywalker is the worst movie i have ever seen and deserves to get way more shit for being as bad as it was
It and TLJ are the worst SW movies and up there as far as the worst sequels of all time.

No it won't. Prequels were loved to at least seen as okay by most people and hit it strong with a young audience which is why they got more popular after said young audience grew up and stopped caring about the opinions of hacks like Reddit Letter Media. The Sequels completely failed to connect with a young audience as shown with the worst merchandise sells in the franchise's history as well as it's era being completely ignored in favor of the Originals and Prequels in multi-era games like EAfront 2 and other media around the time. That's what happened when you try too hard to make a series heavily supported by boys and men start pushing towards girls and tumblr women while actively shitting on characters beloved and held dear by the former.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I'll admit that I actually really enjoyed TFA when it came out, and as a standalone movie I still enjoy it: I believe that underneath its issues is a lot more good that unfortunately gets overshadowed by the later movies retroactively ruining TFA in its entirety.

TLJ and TROS are complete ass though, and I don't see anybody warming up to them ten years from now.

The biggest problem with the Prequels was the fact that George Lucas didn't have any real people to allow him to get regulated on, especially for the writing(Something he LONG admitted he sucked viciously at).
The Prequels themselves are nowhere near as godawful as the Sequel Trilogy and that's me with the most open mind I had when I watched the Movie in the Tag Along with Platinum

Dear fucking God, if people somehow like Rise of the Skywalker in 10 years, I would basically say that Cinema is right fucked.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
id say the worst are phantom menace>>>TLJ>>>solo>>>>>>>rise of skywalker

i adore the prequels but phantom menace is insanely inconsistent and I would say it's easily the worst of those, but it's ultimately saved by Darth Maul being cool and iconic which is something no disney wars movie came close to achieving

TLJ has been ragged on forever, I don't really need to add anything. It's a movie I think is aesthetically strong, but the story isn't good and it obviously had a fundamental lack of understanding of Luke's character which tremendously hurts it. The central plotlines of the three main characters are written like dogshit ao that all three of them actually make things unfathomably worse for everyone. Rey having no family was actually a good decision...that would immediately be ignored.

Solo is pretty much the definition of mid incarnate which is a shame because I feel like the lead actor actually started to get a better feel for the role as it went on. The kessel run and gravity well scenes are legitimately good though, but not enough to make up for how bad everything else is. At least it has development hell as an excuse.

Rise of Skywalker does not even feel like a movie. Nothing could have prepared me for how bad it was. Every week I have a moment where I think about what a fucking disaster this thing is. There is not a single interesting concept, no cool moment, no moment of character development that mattered. Palpatine being brought back might be the worst "twist" in cinema history. It's just amazing how devoid of anything cool this movie is. They don't even let you see the Knights of Ren do anything cool, they all die off screen. Cannot believe this got made.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The main difference between the Prequels and Sequels is the fact that for all the complaints about Vader being "Whiny as Anakin" they did nothing that really butchered the characters we knew in the Originals where as everything that happened to Luke, Liea, Han, and all they worked and fought for was undone by the Sequels all for the sake of rehashing them in a worse way. The Prequels are different than the Originals and did not try copying every minute detail except in the case of visual callbacks and similar plot points, the Sequels are just copypasted discount versions of the Originals which hurts their chances of both being noticed and liked by any fans down the line and if anything are going to just be seen as dull in comparison to the previous trilogies thanks to it having no identity of it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back