• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #15: Gather, Ye War Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
The fuck is with RWBY ?

Despite being the lowest thrash, at least, according to you niggas, its getting animus, video gaymes, comics from DC ?

It's the same as picking up a piece of shit from the ground, photographing it and then putting it on a billboard in Times Square

Because the first....three? Volumes had the benefit of being animated by Monty Oum, who is absolutely fantastic at creating high-speed fight choreography. This gave it a core that made the admittedly lackluster but largely inoffensive cast much more likable, because they were associated with all this cool shit.

This as well as the interesting setting meant it took several seasons of utter shite to fully kill off the potential of the verse, which gave it unreasonable staying power.

So basically it's riding off the glory of being the swan song of a great animator with cool ideas, and a promising beginning.

Also, gotta love SB and SV trying to trick itself into thinking current RWBY is good :russ

It's honestly pretty damn sad because alot of people I've seen in various critic videos usually have people overwhelmingly agree with how shit it is and when they left.

Season 8 in particular had an even larger amount of people being former fans leave compared to Volume 5 :oldryoma

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
dragon ball movie had some 2D flashbacks, if only was the entire movie so much better dude

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I don’t mind the CGI but damn, that flying scene with Kid Goku and Nimbus was some of the smoothest animation I’ve ever seen in the whole series

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
It's honestly pretty damn sad because alot of people I've seen in various critic videos usually have people overwhelmingly agree with how shit it is and when they left.

Season 8 in particular had an even larger amount of people being former fans leave compared to Volume 5 :oldryoma
Because they did Ironwood so dirty with his fall to comical, moustache-twirling villainy, that it outdid all the cringe they wrote before. And yes, it was that bad, and they were PROUD of it! Niggas actually thought that was good writing!:mjlol

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
d12q6knj5m791.jpg

3aw5hjnj5m791.jpg
8kx3pjnj5m791.jpg
rlsekknj5m791.jpg

Endless Ls

Because they did Ironwood so dirty with his fall to comical, moustache-twirling villainy, that it outdid all the cringe they wrote before. And yes, it was that bad, and they were PROUD of it! Niggas actually thought that was good writing!:mjlol

God that was so fucking bad... like holy shit, they basically made Ironwood look actually pretty good in Season 7 but then they just went like "NO ONE CAN LIKE HIM" and went so fucking stupid far, it just makes you wonder if it was legit spite or just stupidity.

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Iirc they wanted to make Ironwood a fascist but accidentally wrote him.....y'know, making sense :skully

Because they're Tumblr writers and they don't understand what fascism actually is, and instead wrote "militaristic dude hyper-focused on protecting his own" which is something not only completely different but distinctly admirable if flawed in some circumstances

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
God that was so fucking bad... like holy shit, they basically made Ironwood look actually pretty good in Season 7 but then they just went like "NO ONE CAN LIKE HIM" and went so fucking stupid far, it just makes you wonder if it was legit spite or just stupidity.
It was stupidity. They actually wrote him decently at first by accident. They thought what they did made him look evil, somehow, but to most people it just made him look like the only likeable character in RWBY, even if the plan they gave him was shit. So basically, for volume 8, they turned up the retard-dial and made him saturday-morning cartoon villain bad just to get over what their original intent was, and thought they'd done a good job writing it properly in volume 8. :russ Downright horrendous, in every way imaginable.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Iirc they wanted to make Ironwood a fascist but accidentally wrote him.....y'know, making sense :skully

Because they're Tumblr writers and they don't understand what fascism actually is, and instead wrote "militaristic dude hyper-focused on protecting his own" which is something not only completely different but distinctly admirable if flawed in some circumstances
^Basically this, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back