• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Steven Universe: End of an Era artbook revealed that Season 5 was originally going to have an episode alluding to the origin of the Diamonds, and the Gem race in general, but it was scrapped after the production order for that season got reduced. As Rebecca Sugar put it, the origin of the Diamonds is semi-mythical and the story is now part of "Gem religion" - thus even the version they were going to tell in that episode might have only been in vague or interpretive terms. The artbook also contained a scan of the detailed story timeline that Rebecca Sugar developed years before the show ended, as an internal guide to the writers: the very beginning of the timeline, however, contains a large section which is completely redacted (covered up with black bars). The only hint about its contents is the timeline stamp that wasn't redacted: "20,000 years ago".
  • In a different section of this artbook, Sugar explained that they originally wanted to allude to the origin of the Gem race "way back in the Peridot arc". As Sugar explained, she kept trying to find a spot back in the Peridot arc "for her to 'Linus' - like A Charlie Brown Christmas - to recite a long, religious Gem monologue". However, they couldn't figure out a place to fit this long exposition dump that felt like it flowed naturally, so they put it off but thought they'd get back to it by the final season. Sugar said that "Gems are obviously technology" - i.e. they didn't evolve naturally, but they have their "own extensive mythology" that grew up around their origin (interpretive and clouded by legend but with a kernel of truth in it).
They could not fit any of the lore in but could fit in dozens of filler episodes and shipping that very explicity goes nowhere...

SU story decisions are astonishing to this day.

Oh well. I've more important things to focus on.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
chemistry-science.gif

Walter White solos Team RWBY and one-shots Hazel and Salem

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
So I don't want to stop my zidane series and this is the new event anyway.

So here's Squall and Rinoa with Zidane taking their revenge against Ultimecia.

sir_fire

Distinguished
Digimon Survive has one of the most based endings I've ever seen.

The fucking kids become terrorists, smuggling digidestined into the digital world and fighting the governments of Earth who imprison chosen children and their partners for Digicrimes and Digiterrorism.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
Digimon Survive has one of the most based endings I've ever seen.

The fucking kids become terrorists, smuggling digidestined into the digital world and fighting the governments of Earth who imprison chosen children and their partners for Digicrimes and Digiterrorism.
So the government decided that every chosen children are criminals? And they didn't utilize them like in tamers or savers where they become guardians instead?

sir_fire

Distinguished
So the government decided that every chosen children are criminals? And they didn't utilize them like in tamers or savers where they become guardians instead?
This is the government and Digimon we're talking about here. Would you let a kid whose tiny baby dino can transform into a cyborg kaiju capable of flattening an entire armor battalion run unsupervised?

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
This is the government and Digimon we're talking about here. Would you let a kid whose tiny baby dino can transform into a cyborg kaiju capable of flattening an entire armor battalion run unsupervised?
hey they did it in savers, So who knows.

as for the real world, government do sponsor child geniuses into colleges So again who knows.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
And I just turned and looked at Vijaya, we looked at each other, and I said, "No." I mean, that's not the kind of movie that we were making. I mean, you wouldn't put a Britney Spears song in the middle of "The Empire Strikes Back" or the middle of "Lord of the Rings". And because Vijaya had insisted that clause be in the contract, they couldn't force me.
"You wouldn't put Britney Spears or other pop songs in Lord of the Rings."

Meanwhile 2 decades later...

God help all of us. :nuishock:

"You wouldn't put Britney Spears or other pop songs in Lord of the Rings."

Meanwhile 2 decades later...

God help all of us. :nuishock:

The comments though :skully

Sauron saying
“It's sauroning time”
Made my day.
This is nothing like how J.K. Rowling envisioned it.
Dumbledore exclaiming “You can be my wingman any time Galadriel.” And she retorts “bs, you can be mine!” was beyond epic!
When Galadriel puuled out her lightsaber and said, “Wakanda forever” sent shivers up my spine. Tolkien couldn’t have written anything better.
Elrond shouting “They can take our lands, but they can never take our Lembas!” was soooo epic!
The scene were Gimli looked into Gandalfs eyes and lovingly said “Luke, I am your father” made me cry my eyes out.
The moment Frodo says “Life is like a box of cookies” gave me chills, so deep - brilliant writing by Tolkien.
Elrond saying “Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here! This is a war room” left me in awe. Amazon has my thanks for giving us totally faithful portrayal of Tolkien’s work. :)
Eowyn screaming “I don’t identify as a woman” and getting killed by Darth Vader - gave me chills! Shoutout to the professor!
Man, the moment Anakin looked at Jon Snow and told him, “With great power comes dead younglings” - stunningly brave.
The scene were Galadriel says: “Thats my secret, I’m always angry”, then turns purple and punches Voldemort into the face was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back