OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now I'm officially done with Rise, Roar, Revolt(RRR) and yeah, it's a Bollywood version of the Indian Revolution against the British Empire and my first thought it:

Goddamn, I wish we had a movie exactly like this for the American Revolution... but we won't get that as Hollywood is filled with the Anti-Patriot scumbags we see now...

And it legit makes me fell sad as fuck.

Atem

King of Games
V.I.P. Member
FbbZqWTXkAA8KTo.jpg

God damn they went all in on making Lucy look as hot as humanly possible.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Eh too barebones for an actual game for me to praise it. Capcom locking the true ending with Chakravartin behind paid DLC for already such a short and barebones game can piss off too

Should have just made it an anime. Same reason I don’t like Quantic Dreams stuff

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Eh too barebones for an actual game for me to praise it. Capcom locking the true ending with Chakravartin behind paid DLC for already such a short and barebones game can piss off too

Should have just made it an anime. Same reason I don’t like Quantic Dreams stuff
Thats why i said "movie game" :maybe
And the only reason the DLC became paid was that the game itself didn't sell well. The Chakravartin thing was going to be in a potential sequel but it never happened.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Thats why i said "movie game" :maybe
And the only reason the DLC became paid was that the game itself didn't sell well. The Chakravartin thing was going to be in a potential sequel but it never happened.
That’s the thing, with how cinematic games were already becoming even back than, let alone now, the should have fleshed out the gameplay aspect more

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
For example, we had both Uncharted 2 and 3 coming out before Asura’s Wrath that were literal Hollywood flicks in a game while still having fleshed out shooting, puzzle solving, and even a bit of platforming for the gameplay aspect, neither cinematics or gameplay being compromised

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That said, Naughty Dog these days has lost their touch. The first Last of Us being the last truly great game by them for me.

Uncharted 4’s pacing was ass. Too much cutscenes and long stretches of “gameplay” of you doing nothing but walking and listening to banter for the sake of padding and feeling like a movie.

The lack of Amy Hennig on board was also felt here as the story and characters featured in this game were the worst in the series.

And don’t even get me started with what a slap in the face The Last of Us Part 2 was for fans. Never have I ever canceled a pre-order for a game faster than when those leaks dropped.

Really says something when the best modern Naughty Dog is producing isn’t something like a new IP or perhaps even the Jak 4 fans have been asking for nearly 2 decades…. but another remaster of the first Last of Us slapped with a $70 price tag.

Laughable and really shows how much of the former talent has left that studio

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
That’s the thing, with how cinematic games were already becoming even back than, let alone now, the should have fleshed out the gameplay aspect more
Thats also a thing. Because after the fact everyone's mentioning how much they love the game, some people saying they didn't understand how people didn't buy it. People love the game and they love the characters. The sheer amount of people who want Asura in another capcom game is wild. It was a good game for what it was but it never got the attention it deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back