• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So I just learned Kingdom of Amalur has a remaster for PS4 and got it.

Kinda reminds me of Skyrim with the whole make your own character and playstyle. Going to go with one of the elves and try either magic or archery

Any tips starting out? Want to make the most out of the first playthrough
Juggle combos absolutely break the game. Straight up has no defenses for anyone coming in and styling on everyone :tupac

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So went with Light Elf and worshipping the goddess that gives me 10+ mana since I want to be really Magic heavy for my first playthrough though I’ll probably mix in melee too since that looks pretty big in the game.

Named him Ulrik from skimming through cool sounding Norse names

Next playthrough I’ll be a Thief style character

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Yeah I’m going for a Thief next playthrough. Just wondering what’s the best Magic playstyle. Pure or Hybrid
Well with hybrid with finess you get more penetration along with your elemental damage and its really good with ranged stuff while with might you get to turn some of the damage you take into mana and become more melee focused.

However I feel going full sorcery would be the best the first go around. Just going absolute nuclear on people along with being able to reduce the cost of your magic skills to the point you can spam shit almost endlessly is amazing

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Just messing around with quests and upgrading my Magic Skills so far. This game kinda gives me World of Warcraft and a bit of Darksiders vibes with the designs.

@Masterblack06 @Papa Nier @Flowering Knight

What do you guys think is better. Pure Magic or hybrid with Finess and/or Might?
Haven't played a pure mage build but if you're set on just nuking everything you come across that's the way to go, since there really isn't any better way to do it. Hybrid will almost always give you a more varied arsenal along with its own perks depending on the combo.

Keep in mind that if you end up not liking a partcular playstyle or skill there's about a dozen NPCs you can talk to that'll let you respec your entire character so it's pretty much impossible to fuck up a playthrough.

Limu&Doug

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Fb2UlhFUUAEHd5E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back