• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #19: Everything is Energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Yep definitely shit.

Champions should have Pokemon all from their region, on top of having multiple types on their team.

Well not many DRAGON types, given he was supposed to be the Dragon type master. Something you really shouldn't do when Kanto and Johto only have ONE actual Dragon type between them.

There were enough Pokemon in both regions in general, they just picked a weird type for him to specialize in. But this is the same company who made a Fire Type Elite Four member, in a region with only TWO fire types in the whole game. 🤦‍♂️
tbh johto would have been solved by just making Karen the champion and giving her Tyranitar
and give her like an Ursaring and Gengar along with the dark types so she isn't pure monotype

would have been way cooler

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
tbh johto would have been solved by just making Karen the champion and giving her Tyranitar
and give her like an Ursaring and Gengar along with the dark types so she isn't pure monotype

would have been way cooler
adding to this she has maybe the most iconic quote from any character in any of the games and she's incredibly minor otherwise lol she would have been a perfect champion

I get their design philosophy at the time, they wanted to keep a lot of the new pokemon a secret, but considering how insanely late Tyranitar is available most people are never going to see it unless they catch a Larvitar and trade it to a fresh game bc there just isn't enough postgame content to level it beyond e4 and trainer house grinding

Screenshot_5.png

>this was his intro to the fight
:hestonpls

Eh, FGO Nikola Tesla still looks better.
fgo_archer_tesla_4.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
samson, David, Dude that fought that stopped the sun from setting. there's also the guy that made the israelite march to jerusalem and made the wall fall with sounds (after Moses). There's literally ways to make it their superpower or someshit.
There’s a reason for the phrase Biblical.

The Bible was the Lord of the Rings before Lord of the Rings

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

At least the woman can actually sing, we don't have another Emma Watson situation on our hands. I just wish THAT (and general acting ability) were the reasons she was picked for the role and not solely because of the color of her skin.

Oh well, I probably wont end up watching the movie anyway. I'll just stick with the original and its sequel, which I watched again just recently and honestly enjoyed it more than I remembered (definitely one of the better disney sequels IMO).

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
These live action Disney movies in general don’t interest me. Haven’t sat through a single one

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
These live action Disney movies in general don’t interest me. Haven’t sat through a single one
I've seen a couple.

I enjoyed the Cinderella one, it's probably the only one I think is actually an improvement on the original.
Jungle Book was meh, but at least they were actually trying something different with the story that wasn't just "get woke".
Beauty and the Beast was pretty bad and Maleficent was downright terrible.

I haven't even touched Lion King, Aladdin or Mulan and I don't really intend to. Sort of stopped watching Disney content in general, the only reason I saw Encanto was because I was staying over at a cousin's house and she wanted me to watch it.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I've seen a couple.

I enjoyed the Cinderella one, it's probably the only one I think is actually an improvement on the original.
Jungle Book was meh, but at least they were actually trying something different with the story that wasn't just "get woke".
Beauty and the Beast was pretty bad and Maleficent was downright terrible.

I haven't even touched Lion King, Aladdin or Mulan and I don't really intend to. Sort of stopped watching Disney content in general, the only reason I saw Encanto was because I was staying over at a cousin's house and she wanted me to watch it.
The only Disney shit I’ve watched and enjoyed the past few years was Luca. Encanto was whatever for me besides some songs

Only reason I even stream Disney is because of my niece and nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back