• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he should mope about it for the rest of his life? You’re the one who chooses to be at peace with your fuck-ups, no matter how big
It’s not about moping

It’s about moving on, acknowledging your mistakes and trying to do better.

but yeah I imagine he’s forever gonna regret killing his family because that’s not something anybody ever fully recovers from.
The point is that he should have gotten his shit together a long, long time ago

Humans don’t live for over a thousand years. I don’t think people realize how much time that is to finally be at peace with what they’ve done
You’re conflating “getting his shit together” with “being at peace”

those two things are not the same thing. At all.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The point is that he should have gotten his shit together a long, long time ago

Humans don’t live for over a thousand years. I don’t think people realize how much time that is to finally be at peace with what they’ve done
He did get his shit together with how much he’s already improved as a person by just the start of the game.

But there’s no just forgetting or simply being at peace about the things Kratos has done, especially when the world itself loves to remind him what an irredeemable monster he is that should never find peace.

I’d imagine the Ghost of Athena, another person killed by his actions no less, regularly paying him visits also didn’t help.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It’s not about moping

It’s about moving on, acknowledging your mistakes and trying to do better.

but yeah I imagine he’s forever gonna regret killing his family because that’s not something anybody ever fully recovers from.
Uhhh

that sounds pretty mopey to me

I think every person can overcome regret and guilt

You’re conflating “getting his shit together” with “being at peace”

those two things are not the same thing. At all.
If you say so :easythere

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Baldur didnt carry anything and Kratos wouldn’t take it the same way as he would those punches anyway.
That's what I mean. They knew who the fuck Kratos was and what he did but he showed up with fuck all oozing ego all over the fucking place because "I'm invincible" he would have been fucked off rip if Kratos still had hades weapon.

In order for Kratos to get wins the other people gotta be brain dead and niggas think this let's him beat any pantheon gods. It's Big Top level clownery

image.png

Kratos fighting the wrong Zeus... Quirinus has to flex his way to victory... again
image.png

:skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
That's what I mean. They knew who the fuck Kratos was and what he did but he showed up with fuck all oozing ego all over the fucking place because "I'm invincible" he would have been fucked off rip if Kratos still had hades weapon.

In order for Kratos to get wins the other people gotta be brain dead and niggas think this let's him beat any pantheon gods. It's Big Top level clownery
Baldur did not. At least not in their first encounter.

The twist at the end was that Baldur thought Kratos was a Giant. The “I thought you’d be bigger” statement turned out to have been genuine and not him joking. Kratos in turn mistook Baldur’s statements as meaning he knew he was the Ghost of Sparta

Baldur isn’t really the best example either. He wasn’t trying to kill Kratos, just get information out of Kratos, even saying he’s not like his brother Thor and perfectly willing to let Kratos go if he cooperates during the fight.

And that’s not even mentioning Baldur is borderline suicidal too with his cursed invulnerability leaving him in a constant state of sensory depravation and even admitting he took Odin’s job in the hopes that he’d find someone strong enough who can either remove the curse or just end his misery

that sounds pretty mopey to me
Gordo if you just want Kratos to continue to be a sociopath. That’s on you. I’m not going to pretend you don’t know the difference between acknowledging your mistakes and “being mopey”

If you say so :easythere
Gordo. Getting your shit together is just you being a responsible human being.

being “at peace” is something most people never actually achive. Double the difficulty if they’ve been through trauma

If Kratos were at peace with what he’s done just because he’s been alive for so long, he’d be a shit character

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gordo if you just want Kratos to continue to be a sociopath. That’s on you. I’m not going to pretend you don’t know the difference between acknowledging your mistakes and “being mopey”
Are you serious?

He acknowledged his mistakes, and should get over it. When did I say he didn’t acknowledge them?

Because I said he shouldn’t regret it for the rest of his life?

Gordo. Getting your shit together is just you being a responsible human being.

being “at peace” is something most people never actually achive. Double the difficulty if they’ve been through trauma

If Kratos were at peace with what he’s done just because he’s been alive for so long, he’d be a shit character
Only weak willed people don’t do it, what do you want me to say?

Kratos suffered enough in every single game. That was his karma, it should not be eternal however

Last edited:

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Baldur did not. At least not in their first encounter.
Like I said brain dead
The twist at the end was that Baldur thought Kratos was a Giant. The “I thought you’d be bigger” statement turned out to have been genuine and not him joking. Kratos in turn mistook Baldur’s statements as meaning he knew he was the Ghost of Sparta
>walks up to tiny house
>I thought you'd be bigger
Nah baldur is just stupid
:hestonpls
Baldur isn’t really the best example either. He wasn’t trying to kill Kratos, just get information out of Kratos, even saying he’s not like his brother Thor and perfectly willing to let Kratos go if he cooperates during the fight.
>wasn't trying to kill him
>upercuts his ass into the sky
if that was atreus that uppercut would have taken his head off
And that’s not even mentioning Baldur is borderline suicidal too with his cursed invulnerability leaving him in a constant state of sensory depravation and even admitting he took Odin’s job in the hopes that he’d find someone strong enough who can either remove the curse or just end his misery
This doesn't change the fact that niggas have to be brain dead in order for Kratos to win fights. We saw what happened when someone stopped being brain dead when Thor bonked him to death

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Like I said brain dead

>walks up to tiny house
>I thought you'd be bigger
Nah baldur is just stupid

>wasn't trying to kill him
>upercuts his ass into the sky
if that was atreus that uppercut would have taken his head off

This doesn't change the fact that niggas have to be brain dead in order for Kratos to win fights. We saw what happened when someone stopped being brain dead when Thor bonked him to death
Not really, Kratos has been hanging out in the woods quietly and starting a family. Had it not been for his wife turning out to be a Giant and quite the adversary agains the Aesir which is who they were looking for rather than him, the gods would likely have never bothered him at all.

An uppercut even on that scale is hardly going to kill any Giant or God.

I’m curious on what more Baldur could do? He was going all out in both fights, Kratos was simply the better fighter. And even bringing up Thor, Kratos was the one holding back the first time. Round 2, with both going all out and Kratos just barely still gets the win over Thor.

Only weak willed people don’t do it, what do you want me to say?
Gordo, I gotta say I’m happy it’s Thanksgiving because I gotta thank God you’re not a Therapist or a Writer

He acknowledged his mistakes, and should get over it. When did I say he didn’t acknowledge them?
You somehow feel the need to make up an imaginary accusation because you can’t even address my actual argument.

Conflating “acknowledging your mistakes” to “being mopey” is my primary accusation here. Get it right or don’t bother replying.

Because I said he shouldn’t regret it for the rest of his life?
Again, you prove you just want the guy to remain a sociopath for the rest of his life

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gordo, I gotta say I’m happy it’s Thanksgiving because I gotta thank God you’re not a Therapist or a Writer
🫤

You somehow feel the need to make up an imaginary accusation because you can’t even address my actual argument.

Conflating “acknowledging your mistakes” to “being mopey” is my primary accusation here. Get it right or don’t bother replying.
I said him regretting for the rest of his life is being mopey. I didn’t mean your entire post I replied to

Again, you prove you just want the guy to remain a sociopath for the rest of his life
If you think overcoming your issues is being a sociopath then be my guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back