OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Is it me or is Kratos actually going backwards in development?

The director or someone said Kratos isn’t “worthy” enough to forgive himself for his family’s death, but didn’t he already forgive himself like…multiple times? Just how many times are they going to do that

And that was in the pre-GoW4 games. He’s lived for over a millennia now, he should be at peace with that

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That actually reminds me, how strong are Archangels in Christianity again?
Destroy cities, turn people in salt, battle with Satan that throw third part of stars in the sky, but the hierarchy of heaven is not based on power but on functions, it also goes that the only one who can read the mind is God, so although the demons can seduce, they will never know what you think.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

The director or someone said Kratos isn’t “worthy” enough to forgive himself for his family’s death, but didn’t he already forgive himself like…multiple times? Just how many times are they going to do that

And that was in the pre-GoW4 games. He’s lived for over a millennia now, he should be at peace with that
Because they lost their creativity or fired the person giving them ideas. :maybe and now they need to regress their character.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

GoW III is about him finally forgiving himself for the death of his wife and daughter.

Norse Era is about Kratos finding redemption for all the other atrocities he committed in Greece: the number of people he’s killed, including his father and wiping out the entire world for the sake of vengeance

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
GoW III is about him finally forgiving himself for the death of his wife and daughter.

Norse Era is about Kratos finding redemption for all the other atrocities he committed in Greece: the number of people he’s killed, including his father and wiping out the entire world for the sake of vengeance
He forgave himself for all the atrocities he committed in III as well. It’s also why he willingly gave hope to every human on the planet after Athena told him that humanity can screw off

I don’t really like how they’re doing this to a character who’s lived for over a 1,000 years by now and should be at peace

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Not really. Kratos can and has survived being impaled and just healed from it and even his serious blows aren’t enough to hurt him much.
I mean, a blade through the dome isn't really something Kratos has shown to be able to regen from from what I remember

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I’m all for Kratos forgiving Zeus but was it ever explained why? Zeus was kind of a dick to him

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
He forgave himself for all the atrocities he committed in III as well. It’s also why he willingly gave hope to every living being on the planet when Athena told him that humanity can screw off

I don’t really like how they’re doing this to a character who’s lived for over a 1,000 years by now and should be at peace
No he did not.

His first thing he does after “forgiving himself” is reflect on what he’s done, the destroyed world that is the aftermath of his actions, and the loss of Pandora, his newfound clarity leaving him disgusted with himself and realizing too late how empty vengeance feels after attaining it.

“Pandora died because of my need for vengeance.”

“All I remember is what I have lost.”

Killing himself and releasing hope was his attempt at trying to give something back after all that he had done out of sheer guilt

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Gordo And even 1000+ years doesn’t matter from the sheer scale of genocide Kratos is responsible for and has to live with and the world itself damning him for what he’s done, cursed to always have the Blades of Chaos with himself no matter what he does to get rid of them as a painful reminder of his past

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Honestly I understand both sides of the Kratos argument, I personally like the story direction the Norse era is taking even if that's an unpopular opinion here, but I also understand a lot of the issues mentioned in previous threads.

Ultimately what matters to me the most is gameplay and that's where I 100% believe that Greek trilogy GOW >>>>>>>>>>>> Norse GOW

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
That’s… not something people are at peace with. Ever.

people learn to deal with the pain. But it’s the kind of deep wound you’re always going to end up limping with

Kratos fucked up big time. Massive genocide and personal patricide.
So he should mope about it for the rest of his life? You’re the one who chooses to be at peace with your fuck-ups, no matter how big

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So he should mope about it for the rest of his life? You’re the one who chooses to be at peace with your fuck-ups, no matter how big
No, Kratos tried to move on and be a better person, starting a new family and clearly keeping his anger in check in the 2018 game

It doesn’t take away from the guilt and shame he feels every day and if anything, keeps him in check to never regress back or repeat those mistakes

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
No, Kratos tried to move on and be a better person, starting a new family and clearly keeping his anger in check in the 2018 game

It doesn’t take away from the guilt and shame he feels every day and if anything, keeps him in check to never regress back or repeat those mistakes
The point is that he should have gotten his shit together a long, long time ago

Humans don’t live for over a thousand years. I don’t think people realize how much time that is to finally be at peace with what they’ve done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back