• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
I wish there was more games in the style of Super Robot Wars, i know there was some for tokusatsu and mahou shoujos but not not nearly enough

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, I've seen nothing but high praise for the game on Steam.

It's looking pretty nice so far.

Yeah, I've seen nothing but high praise for the game on Steam.

It's looking pretty nice so far.
Still haven't acquired my Sky Armors via mechs yet. The characters are interesting, you get a lizardman named Ba'Tharaz in your party that uses his magic to summon weapons like Gilgamesh. You meet him similar how you meet Shadow from FFVI. Another character Victor has musical magic, can kill monsters with a loud trumpet. I like the red haired woman Sienna who uses a Katana in a Iaido stance. The main character Glenn at the beginning of the game gets woke up by his mother in the same layout as Chrono Trigger only for that scenario to be a dream. Glenn has a skill called Cross Slash that might be an obvious reference to Cloud's Cross Slash. There's plenty of races with some that reminds me of Breath of Fire, except the Aer who look like humans with a really long lifespan. One of them that you meet is over 500 years old but looks to be in his 40s. Basically the Numenoreans from Lord of the Rings. The other races you have the lizard people are called Lisvan, the lion people are called Thera, the pig people are called Polka, the fish people are called Phiora, and the jello humanoids are called Gimle. There is a part where the characters get separated from each other thats similar to FFVI.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Seems like the devs had a nice childhood

I'm not very fond of the artstyle but overall the game seems neat, i'm currently going through BoF4 so i will try it on another time

Status
Not open for further replies.