OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Yeah but some fans just ignore that. I heard someone say that God is a higher dimensional being because he resides in another dimension and also Blast's portals are called Hyperspace Gates, they use higher dimensions to work and because Saitama could move them and time travel, he is also a higher dimensional being.
:giogio

I will note that the official translation calls them Subspace Gates, not Hyperspace. But the official translation sucks and have censored cursing and edited Fubuki before to cover up her cleavage, so fuck them.
That would be Jobbers & Goons who spouted that utter nonsense and propagated it. :mjlol

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
B369-A91-B-81-B8-46-A5-A6-AA-729-B5-EB7-A492.jpg

Eggman had some good character development in the game tho

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Frontiers worth it?
Just started it. It’s neat but I’ve always thought Sonic translated awkwardly to 3D and this game hasn’t changed my mind in that regard. Platforming and traversal is just button mashing and combat is timed button mashing

Always preferred Sonic in 2D personally

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I’m still waiting for a new Spyro game. Not whatever this Crash Team Rumble shit they announced last night.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
I’m more of a Crash fan myself. And I’m still saying that. It’s ridiculous how much Crash stuff we’ve gotten and 0 for Spyro at this point
If Crash is the more recognizable of the two, then its likely just a case of "Money talks and bullshit walks." for why he's gotten way more stuff than Spyro.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Let’s compare the two.

Both Crash and Spyro got their first 3 games remastered. Should be worth nothing that Crash remakes came with extra content including a brand new level that was initially free DLC before they went and added it into the disc with the 2018 re-release.

Spyro’s remakes got no new content really added to them and were done half-assed from Activision trying to rush out development, leading to the infamous 2 of the 3 games locked behind a massive Day 1 Patch debacle. Thankfully fixed by Toys for Bob rereleasing the discs with all 3 games in them

From there, Crash than gets Crash Team Racing remade with half a years worth of content with those Grand Prix events.

Than we get Crash 4, than a mobile Crash game, and now this. Nothing for Spyro since his 3 games remade back in 2018

If Crash is the more recognizable of the two, then its likely just a case of "Money talks and bullshit walks." for why he's gotten way more stuff than Spyro.
You’d think that but than what was even the point in bringing back Spyro? And after the Reignited Trilogy confirmed there’s still an audience for the character since that game went on to break well past expectations? Making a new Spyro is an easier money maker than it ever was before.

Especially if they can keep Stewart Copeland around to make more banger soundtracks.

Been playing Chained Echoes, a 2D retro turn-based JRPG. I'm liking the story so far, the world-building and the characters. The game is similar to Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Suikoden or Xenogears. The traditional XP and levelling progression are replaced by obtaining Grimoire Shards, which you spend to upgrade the characters to unlock new skills or stat buffs. You get them by defeating bosses or doing the reward board. You can upgrade equipment and crystals (that boost your stats) to attach to your weapon or armor. During combat, there is the Overdrive Meter mechanic, which will keep you on your toes and prevents you from spamming one move with a bar on the top left that has yellow, green and red colors. You must keep an eye on it to ensure it stays in the green or below the green. This increases when you or the enemy attack or use skills. Keeping it green buffs your characters for extra damage and defense, but if it goes past green, it will go red, where the enemies get a buff. You can lower it by defending or using the correct skill shown on the top left icon. There are no random battles; you're automatically healed after each battle without needing items. The combat can get quite hard if you don't know what you're doing at first. Debuffs work on all bosses. The only point of grinding is for SP, crystals, upgrade materials and money. You find item bubbles scattered around the world that respawn anytime you leave an area and come back. You have Class Emblems scattered around the world that act as a Job class, you equip them, and they give you bonus stats, two skills and two passive skills. They can be permanent once you master them. Each character also has an Ultra via their unique finishers, but they share an Ultra bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back