• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #23: The Light Always Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
Nicolmat.png

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
To be fair, it'd be kind of silly for them not to do a DLC for Elden Ring with how well-received it was.
It was always going to get DLC, this was more or less cemented. But WHEN it was going to happen was an issue everyone had on their minds. Remember ER started and was still under development by FROM and Mizushima when the Covid-19 pandemic started which altered somethings so badly and upended a lot of work schedules, quotas, etc...

That's why also ER felt like it was still "missing" things and having those three gigantic arenas/coliseums in Limgrave, Caelid, and Lyndell which players couldn't access but clearly served some kind of purpose and point.

But yes it was a matter of time:

- Dark Souls released in September 2011; Artorias of the Abyss DLC didn't come out until October 2012 (13 months basically)
- Dark Souls 2 released in March 2014; Crown of the Sunken King came out in July 2014, Crown of the Old Iron King came out in August 2014, and Crown of the Ivory King in September 2014 (4 months for DLC 1, 5 months for DLC 2, 6 months for DLC 3)
- Bloodborne released in March 2015; The Old Hunters DLC released in November 2015 (8+ months later)
- Dark Souls 3 released in March 2016; Ashes of Ariandel in October 2016 and The Ringed City in March 2017 (7 months for DLC 1 and 12 months for DLC 2)
- Elden Ring released in February 2022; Colosseum DLC released December 2022, story DLC ???

The average time when you factor all of these barring Elden Ring is about 9-10 months for major DLC in a FROM Souls game.

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Super Metroid was an 8/10.

But then I got to Lower Norfair. And Ridley's theme started playing. And then I realized, this was no longer a game made about saving humans or the metroid or the last bounty.

All there was ultimately was who was going to die. Ridley or Samus. And the drums and chorus building up to Samus ultimately meeting Ridley.

Great fucking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back