Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
FnWerQSWIAMlDP7

FnWerQMWYAMyuO1

FnWerQTXwAUOQLo

the people have spoken :lit
NGL, Spykids 3D was my favorite Spy Kids. The whole premise of a being in a real life video game and being one of the first major 3D movies of my times made it a memorable experience I saw in theaters no less than several times.

This is absolute clownshoes to the max, especially as the dumbass pics a MODDED VERSION of Mona from Genshin Impact to somehow make her point but let's go through the rest of the list:

-Samus Aran. Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire, Kicker of ass who fuck with her Baby Metroid, even when she was dangerously going to become a Humanoid Metroid, she still gets the job done and kicks her opponents' ass.

- Cidney. A female mechanic that is the grand-daughter of Cid. Her parents died due to the Fiend attack at night thus she primarily is a mechanic to one day find a way to make people no longer afraid of the night and with side-quests, you completely help her succeed at that goal.

- Widowmaker. A once loving Housewife converted into a heartless(?) killer in a final attempt to kill her husband(which succeeds) and consequently plays Sniper more than anything else. Despite her conversion, she still ends up mourning her dead husband and very rarely brings up her beauty and more of her actual deadly precision.

It's like... when you reduce a character to just "sexual competents", it's like... you are turning them into an object! Who'd have thunk it?

Screenshot22.png

>Looks at YMMV of Forspoken
>Sees this bullshit
I want to know who is this "Inexplicable Mob of people hoping the game would fail" are...
Because last time I checked, people was ambivalent at best and at most believed it was bad due to it's godawful trailer and none of the other ones or previews made it look better.

TvTropes, the site that still pretends it matters a hell of alot more than it actually does...

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ignoring the Forspoken shit, I've never understood this idea of criticizing a game for being short.

MANY games don't actually take very long to complete them, but may have other difficulties among other things that add a lot of replay-ability to them. Metal Gear Rising is a good example of a great game that's very short.

A game doesn't have to be a 60+ hour JRPG to be good or have a good story.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Metal Gear Rising should have had a few more levels to it being honest. Thankfully we got just that with the Blade Wolf and Sam DLCs

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
If Metal Gear Rising allowed me to play through the main campaign as Sam it would've been an easy 10/10. Thankfully there are modders who are at work attempting to remedy that.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Ignoring the Forspoken shit, I've never understood this idea of criticizing a game for being short.

MANY games don't actually take very long to complete them, but may have other difficulties among other things that add a lot of replay-ability to them. Metal Gear Rising is a good example of a great game that's very short.

A game doesn't have to be a 60+ hour JRPG to be good or have a good story.
it's mostly because of how expensive games are nowadays

If I'm dropping nearly 80 dollars on a game I wanna feel like I get my money's worth.

Shorter games are fine if the story's good, but they shouldn't be marked up to full price if that's the case.

it's mostly because of how expensive games are nowadays

If I'm dropping nearly 80 dollars on a game I wanna feel like I get my money's worth.

Shorter games are fine if the story's good, but they shouldn't be marked up to full price if that's the case.

This is mainly my thoughts as well.
I can deal with short games but if you are only parading your game around as a shitty ass "Movie", then don't make that shit $80.
I can handle short games that have alot of replay value but it's clearly obvious Forspoken is the same shit as every other Ubisoft game:

Extremely short Main Campaign, weak side missions, throw in a huge amount of shit that basically pad out the running time hardcore.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Ok so to give more context, Madman was basically the face of anime releases in Australia and New Zealand for decades (by fans for fans), and had done tons of homegrown work to bring as many titles down here as possible, as well as to cinemas (Australia actually shows anime movies in select cinemas, and I was surprised to discover that it does so when the UK, Ireland, Scandinavia and other countries don't have such distributers). Everything from shounen to mecha was licenced and brought down here. They even set up their own convention with Anime Festival, which I heard was pretty good (unfortunately I never got to go), as well as a streaming service called Anime Lab (which I unfortunately never got to use). There were other anime distributers here (such as Siren Visuals and Hanabee), but Madman was the biggest.

Along comes Crunchyroll though and things start to fall apart. First they get rid of Anime Lab and replace it with...nothing. Just more Crunchyroll. Then there are less and less focuses on DVDs & bluray releases (with Siren Visuals long defunct and Hanabee having to focus on boardgames), and many of the bluerays are just imports. Then Anime Festival was canned and replaced with Crunchyroll Expo, which after one convention (that I thankfully didn't go to) was considered one of the worst conventions to have ever happened on the entire planet.

Now, after all of this and more, Madman anime is no more, subsumed by a soulless international colglomerate. Everything that was put together being the face of anime Down Under for decades is gone. Now even that is gone. And people are pointing out that DVDs & blurays from Sentai Filmworks are no longer available on the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back