• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #27: The Show Must go on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
cizqsk2cc8t91.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
We should seriously get this fight in the Anime, wouldn't be mad with who wins.
Though the Anime may actually make it a close match or Jiren beats Broly through Tactics
Jiren’s been retconned to be on the same tier as Broly per Super Hero so it should be close

Definitely would be awesome to see
Especially if Broly controls his power at some point
Maybe, but if he controlled his power he would crush Jiren

It seems controlling his power is how Broly’s power will shoot up, just like Freeza said. It’s already implied he would have beaten Gogeta Blue (from that arc) had he controlled himself

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Gogeta definitely relied on his better techniques but where was it implied Broly could beat him?

The fist clash that sent Broly flying while Gogeta wasn’t even fazed shows Gogeta also had the edge in strength

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gogeta definitely relied on his better techniques but where was it implied Broly could beat him?

The fist clash that sent Broly flying while Gogeta wasn’t even fazed shows Gogeta also had the edge in strength
Some pamphlet talking about Broly’s strength mentions that

Freeza also said Broly would flat out be the strongest in the universe if he learned to control himself, and still wants him on his side if he has to face Goku and Vegeta again (which means Broly’s potential > Gohan’s during the Broly movie too)

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Some pamphlet talking about Broly’s strength mentions that

Freeza also said Broly would flat out be the strongest in the universe if he learned to control himself, and still wants him on his side if he has to face Goku and Vegeta again (which means Broly’s potential > Gohan’s during the Broly movie too)
Like to see if it really said Broly > Gogeta

I see Broly and Gohan neck and neck for greatest potential. Both have claims of being the strongest and Gohan will have the edge if Super Manga has him fighting Perfect Cell Max

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Like to see if it really said Broly > Gogeta

I see Broly and Gohan neck and neck for greatest potential. Both have claims of being the strongest and Gohan will have the edge if Super Manga has him fighting Perfect Cell Max
FR1r4THXIAc2aGJ

I don’t really buy that (since it also said they fought evenly), but Freeza’s comment about needing him to beat Goku and Vegeta makes me think that Broly’s potential reaches that high after learning to control himself some time after

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
FR1r4THXIAc2aGJ

I don’t really buy that (since it also said they fought evenly), but Freeza’s comment about needing him to beat Goku and Vegeta makes me think that Broly’s potential reaches that high after learning to control himself some time after

That form also calls Blue "the best one could aim for" when UI exists, so I'd take it with a truckload of salt :skully

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
FR1r4THXIAc2aGJ

Yup, it’s inaccurate since the fight was pretty much over once Gogeta went Blue.

Completely one-sided to where Broly was getting ragdolled the whole time, failing to land a hit himself.

To Broly’s credit, his attacks were strong enough to warrant Gogeta to dodge every one of (compare that to Janemba who he took a straight punch to the face from he didn’t bother to even block) and as mentioned, Broly had no control or technique to Gogeta’s skills

Between that and how much it took from Gogeta to wear him down, I see Gogeta vs Broly in control of himself as being a lot harder but still a fight he edges out in the end unless it takes too long for the Fusion to last

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Jiren’s been retconned to be on the same tier as Broly per Super Hero so it should be close
I thought the only thing that was retconned, was Jiren's power, which was way above Goku and Vegeta throughout the TOP until the end, because of a bunch of powering up, to him being hardly any stronger than them to begin with(which makes absolutely no fucking sense, but lol, Toriyama) but he merely used his power more efficiently?

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
For those who want context on this, this is what Tony Khan is getting livid over:

Losing his shit because someone who did an Interview with Tony Khan(and a truly awful one at that as the Journalist even admits) decided to go cover WWE and Tony somehow believes he's a turncoat and a snake.
If this is how Tony "envisions" a war against AEW and WWE and then bury an all-time great(Who I actually believe is currently WORKING IN AEW RIGHT NOW!) in the process, this is why AEW will remain bush league

What are your thoughts @Nevermind ? I can guarantee I go look at that Wrestling Forum and I can see people burying Tony for this.

Might just be trying to stir shit up.

AEW will remain bush league until he resigns from the showrunning role though.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I thought the only thing that was retconned, was Jiren's power, which was way above Goku and Vegeta throughout the TOP until the end, because of a bunch of powering up, to him being hardly any stronger than them to begin with(which makes absolutely no fucking sense, but lol, Toriyama) but he merely used his power more efficiently?
Pretty much but before this movie people wanted to argue that Broly was far ahead of Jiren

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hardly call it a retcon. Vegeta made that claim and anything he says can be taken with a grain of salt

Jiren was fighting Vegeta with even less effort than he did fighting Goku and even surpassing his own limits (SSBE) didn’t warrant Jiren needing to go all out

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Hardly call it a retcon. Vegeta made that claim and anything he says can be taken with a grain of salt

Jiren was fighting Vegeta with even less effort than he did fighting Goku
That's why I said it makes absolutely no sense, lol. Not even the shitty fanfic manga portrayed what Vegeta said as being the case. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back