• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #28: obd, we gotta stay focused and courageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I'm curious exactly what constitutes a "Mickey Mouse ending"?
Is this person literally suggesting that ANY happy ending is bad? :kobeha

Never mind the fact that Attack on Titan's ending isn't bad because it's a downer, it's bad because its main character is shown to be the little bitch I always knew he was. :maybe
Ending itself was also bad. To this day I’ll hate the “twist” of Eren killing his own mom at the beginning to kickstart the whole plot and everything was made pointless by the end.

Can’t believe their using FullMetal Alchemist of all things as an example. The Elric brothers thoroughly worked for that “Mickey Mouse ending” and frankly, I was sad both Hohenheim and Greed didn’t make it

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
2777672.jpg

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Can’t believe their using FullMetal Alchemist of all things as an example. The Elric brothers thoroughly worked for that “Mickey Mouse ending” and frankly, I was sad both Hohenheim and Greed didn’t make it
Yeah I've watched enough of that to know they absolutely deserved to get a happy ending after all the bullshit they went through.

I'm curious exactly what constitutes a "Mickey Mouse ending"?
Is this person literally suggesting that ANY happy ending is bad? :kobeha

Never mind the fact that Attack on Titan's ending isn't bad because it's a downer, it's bad because its main character is shown to be the little bitch I always knew he was. :maybe

Apparently, I have seen people actually believe that real endings are the ones where people have to sacrifice themselves or shit gets wrecked to show how they had to "earn" a "good ending" like Mass Effect 3.
It's stupid as fuck and retarded as shit and I always hated having those types of endings for the sake of it.

Honestly, Attack On Titan's ending is still shit regardless even if the prior events made it obvious it wasn't going to have anything but a shit ending.

- Eren dies failing to kill off everyone else, it's implied he wasn't even in control of his actions and was used as much as anyone else.
- He pretty much went full incel anyway because "Eren was always this way"(Like I can understand that... but I still call bullshit)
- Everyone gets along great... till the rest of the World bombs Paradis anyway, literally proving Eren right
- Cycle will start again because fuck you.

How is THAT supposed to be a "better ending" than the "Mickey Mouse ending" of Full Metal Alchemist? Did it play it safe? Like Rey said, hell yeah it did... but it was written pretty damn well and never came off as hokey which is what should be the most important thing in a story.
Meanwhile, AoT could have literally ended at killing off the Titans and the ending would have felt more earned than basically going "Oh yeah, cycle starts again, Eren was right, Human Bigotry always wins" and Marley and the rest of the World being bigots was a virtual last minute decision for a shit end.

I'd rather take well-written endings like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood than... whatever the fuck the Full Metal Alchemist first anime... and god forbid, Conqueror of Shamballa went with.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
One of the best endings in recent anime: Naruto Shippuden.

Because Kishi had the NaruSaku shipping community seething for months. The amount of coping from them was a sight to behold.

:hestonpls

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
I don't see the issue with FMA brotherhood ending given the shit everyone went thru and Ed having to give up his alchemy to get his brother back

It's practically a satisfying ending you would get from anime

Mondak

Preeminent

There's a massive battle at the end with millions of Titans and Shifters, who never even injure, let alone kill any of the main cast...and this dude wants to call FMA mickey mouse?
:wow

Fma's ending made sense thematically. In AOT, everybody becomes OOC post Rumbling, character motivations make no sense. And in the end Eren is basically just a plot device with no agency. And Paradis is still wiped out :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
There's a massive battle at the end with millions of Titans and Shifters, who never even injure, let alone kill any of the main cast...and this dude wants to call FMA mickey mouse?
:wow

Fma's ending made sense thematically. In AOT, everybody becomes OOC post Rumbling, character motivations make no sense. And in the end Eren is basically just a plot device with no agency. And Paradis is still wiped out :mjlol
Well, Hange got killed during the Rumbling. Unless your talking about the very final battle than yeah.

Reiner in particular was protected by plot armor moreso than his Armored Titan by this point

Mondak

Preeminent
Well, Hange got killed during the Rumbling. Unless your talking about the very final battle than yeah.

Reiner in particular was protected by plot armor moreso than his Armored Titan by this point
Yeah. The final battle. Everybody being able to evade multiple shifters. Also, they had an endless number of thunder spears for some reason

Edit: oh yeah, i was so happy when that bitch Hange got fried :russ
What a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back