0.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I got home, here's the list just as I said :supercat
633N66A.png

I really should do some thinning on the "don't know" category but I'm too focused on other things at the moment :wow

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
@Flowering Knight I'd personally recommend Re;Zero, Undead Unluck, and Fire Force from your "don't know" section when you get around to working on it :mjpls

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
@Masterblack06 I strongly recommend that you add the other Trigger protagonists to your tierlist (Galo, Akko, Luluco, David, Panty/Stocking, Gridman/Yuta, Ryuko, Kenji, Inferno Cop, Karre, Michiru). :smugnon

Also Renton from E7. And Hibiki from Symphogear.

@Nevermind
yes its a basking shark. i love them
them and whale sharks are goats
iu
iu
To everybody's surprise, whale shakrs are actually quite docile creatures

esdeath_dark-skinned_female_black_hair_blue_eyes_high_quality_hig_s-3173120196.png
esdeath_dark-skinned_female_black_hair_blue_eyes_high_quality_hig_s-3173120195.png
esdeath_dark-skinned_female_black_hair_blue_eyes_high_quality_hig_s-3173120194.png
esdeath_dark-skinned_female_black_hair_blue_eyes_high_quality_hig_s-3083425171.png

This, legit, took me awhile to actually coming out looking like this and that was with the latest updates.
This shit is not as easy as idiots like to assume and you have to be practically perfect on what NovelAI shouldn't include and what it does... and it can STILL fuck it up anyway.
Uh, what mats are required for ascension?

:hmm

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Shirou is a hollow fuck but he actually overplays how forgetful he is and we see how fucked up he is as a person and as an individual and I just don't get that from Touma.
I think that because of the runtime of both series. Like you have to remember Toaru is a 40+ novel long series that can take months to get through while Fate is around a week to read. Shirou Emiya's characterization is easier to grasp because its being exposited in a faster pace than Touma's. And with less filler if I'm being honest.

Hell, I do agree that it's a weakness of the series that Touma takes so long to be developed. Old Testament has gives him some development, but New Testament is really where Touma actually gets the development.

Of course, that's over 20+ novels to get through which is why I can understand your opinion.

I don't know dude, I feel like you are trying to make a permanent amnesia plot that happened to Touma like 2-3 times somehow make sense. Like we don't get any real hint of Touma as an actual person past who each amnesia version of him thinks so and that's just not compelling enough.

Okay Touma only gets his memories erased once, and that's at the end of volume 1, let's be clear on that. The only time he gets his memories erased before is only his memories of Misaki, and losing the memories of a single girl isn't enough to suddenly turn him into a different person.

As for your other point, to be honest, I don't really have a retort other than giving my own opinion. I don't think the real Touma honestly matters in the story past V1.

In fact, pre-amnesia Touma doesn't really matter to post-amnesia Touma. I know I said before post-amnesia Touma saves people because he's trying to emulate pre-amnesia Touma but that isn't actually true, that was a wrongful conclusion I made, so yeah I'm backtracking on that.

Post-amnesia Touma fights simply because he can't bear anyone being sad near his presence.

The moments I feel that best exemplifies this is the end of the first volume where he pretends he didn't lose his memories for no other reason than he couldn't bear to see Index cry.

And his speech to Accelerator in WW3 where he literally says he doesn't need a reason to fight.

His past self doesn't matter to him, being a hero or a villain doesn't matter to him, having power doesn't matter to him.

To Touma, not wanting someone to be sad is enough of a reason for him to clench his fist and strive to battle. He doesn't even care if he isn't the guy doing the saving.

His memories don't matter.

In simpler terms, to Touma and to the very narrative of the story, what Touma used to be doesn't matter, what matters is the Kamijou Touma that was thrust into the world.

That's what makes me love Touma as a character, you have the right to disagree and I won't try to budge on your decision on it but that's my opinion.

Also if you really want to have hints of what the previous Touma was like, Genesis Testament (the current series of To Aru after New Testament) is setting up a seeming revival of that Touma with how the main villain of GT, Anna Sprengel wants to bring back the old Touma by killing the new one and releasing Kamijou No Touma who has all of Touma's memories.

You just gotta go through 40+ novels lol.

t's literally like the author added more shit to Touma's Imagine Breaker to make up for the fact he gave it too many glaring weakpoints which feels like he did the opposite take now.
It's not a problem of Touma being overpowered(I would hand that easily to Accelerator) and more the author going too far to cover his own ass on potential issues.

What you call "adding shit on" I call "coming through with the biggest mystery in Toaru" Kamijou Touma himself. The series doesn't shy away from explaining how abnormal that normal high school boy is.

Aleister Crowley had somehow managed to predict or foresee the existence and personality of Kamijou Touma over a century in the past. Causing the Battle of Blythe Road in order to destroy his own Cabal's greatest weapon, Imagine Breaker, knowing it would find its way to Kamijou Touma.

Then after WW2 bought large parts of Tokyo in order to make Academy City, a playground of people with supernatural abilities and a dark side, just to attract Kamijou Touma, with powers that would allow Imagine Breaker to shine and a dark side for Kamijou Touma to fight.

Aleister Crowley inserted the Invisible Thing into Touma in order to grow inside him for some unknown plan. Possibly also adding the dragons in order to guard the Invisible Thing or the Kamijou No Touma.

The Kamijou No Touma itself is described by the Magic Gods as a power that can manipulate the gears of the world and they call him their "scorer."

And when attaining sentience KnT comes out in the form of a Thelemic Angel.

And finally the piece of foreshadowing from Touma's own catchphrase "I'll destroy your Illusions" is a direct reference to the second diety of the religion Thelema created by the real-life Crowley, Hadit.

Hadit is said to be the Exorcist, Destroyer of Illusions, and the Magician, Maker of Illusions. Touma is directly called an Exorcist in the fourth chapter of the first novel. Imagine Breaker's kanji translates to Illusion Killer, and Imagine Breaker was created to be the ultimate Exorcist tool by the Golden Dawn Cabal to exorcise demons who escaped their summoning circles. When Touma's name is translated to Kamijou No Touma the latter half translates to "destroys demons."

The foreshadowing for all of Kamijou Touma's new abilities is there from the very beginning because Kamachi already went in with Touma's hidden powers planned and was setting it up throughout his series.

It only looks like an asspull cause you haven't read the series. It's similar to saying Luffy's Gear 5 is an asspull despite all the foreshadowing Oda put in to explain it.

This became really long. And I don't care, at least I'm putting in that college essay grind into something. I like Toaru, that's it.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I got home, here's the list just as I said :supercat
633N66A.png

I really should do some thinning on the "don't know" category but I'm too focused on other things at the moment :wow
>slime in dredge of humanity
Understandable
:hestonpls
@Masterblack06 I strongly recommend that you add the other Trigger protagonists to your tierlist (Galo, Akko, Luluco, David, Panty/Stocking, Gridman/Yuta, Ryuko, Kenji, Inferno Cop, Karre, Michiru). :smugnon

Also Renton from E7. And Hibiki from Symphogear.
Once I get home I'll add them in

@Flowering Knight I'd personally recommend Re;Zero, Undead Unluck, and Fire Force from your "don't know" section when you get around to working on it :mjpls

I told Musu this but God damn do I dislike re:Zero. Subaru isn't too bad of a character but the sheer nonsense the author puts him through is stupid as fuck. I've never seen a protag have to work so damn hard to get the smallest W in existence. Shit makes the Ws not even worth it in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back