• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #33: It's MY Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
That along with gutting the entire pacing of the game is why I don't even consider Strive to be a Guilty Gear game lol

If anything it plays more like Street Fighter but more kusoge

I don't consider it a Guilty Gear game either. It really felt like that Daisuke lost the plot AND his balls and it reverberates in how many retcons, changes and otherwise he did Strive itself despite Xrd Sign and Revelator leading towards Strive.
>We will finally get a climatic showdown between Sol and Asuka after DECADES of buildup
Asuka just destroys Sol... but not really because his plan was to straight up remove the Flames entirely(Why didn't he do this sooner?) to make Sol be truly human(Except not as Sol is still somewhat strong so Daisuke can back off from Sol's "happy end" whenever he wants)

>Last game has Aria finally come back after all of this time and her and Sol can rebuild their relationship
SIKE! Bitch is dead and dead for good and Jack-O been fucking lying about that part(Which makes the entire subplot in both games fucking pointless... again. Atleast Sol got someone with him now, I suppose)

>Everyone in Ky's Kingdom actually loves Dizzy due to saving their asses in Revelator but it's obvious that Ky and Dizzy will still need to stay under wraps for very obvious reasons
NOPE! Ky literally abdicates his throne, Dizzy gets it for free and further work between mending the fences between Humans and Gears is complete... SOME-FUCKING-HOW(I mean what happened in Revelator was BS as is but I can understand atleast people having no issues with Dizzy's existence after saving them)

And much, much more(Like Testament who I'm not even sure is in hiding anymore despite very, VERY MUCH should still be and suddenly got a whole ass personality transplant despite never leaving the forest he was in).

Eztephan

Illustrious
As if he wasn't broken enough in series the dude has a space cloak and seemingly the ability to spam a shit load of the cubes from Gg2 Overture.

He looks cool, still not buying the game any time soon though :mjlol .
And have other pretty good details in him move set. Also waiting to them put Slayer, but that probably not happen soon.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Oh yeah the mha chapter released to finally put the Dabi stuff to a close. The chapter was pretty meh which is more than I can say about everything else sadly enough :mjlol . It largely wasted time with a bunch of cameos of people no one cares about before Shoto shows up to prevent everyone from getting nuked which should have been the main focus.

Now they're setting up Uraraka vs Toga. God give me strength man :wow. It was fun with the Todoroki's while it lasted :wow .
And have other pretty good details in him move set. Also waiting to them put Slayer, but that probably not happen soon.

I mean I'm not going to get on you for liking Strive. Everything about it just results in a resounding "meh" for me aside from the artwork and animations. Which in its own way is even more sad since there's barely anything to talk about.

I can't really be too happy with Slayer either since they'll remove the grand bulk of his moveset.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Boku no Pico
fuckingdisgusting.png

1661811837868418.png

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Seriously though I don't know how else to explain the mha leak. Shoto arrives is the only thing that's notable, everything else including the family holding back and failing miserably to stop Dabi's nuke is just stalling. The family team up less so but still.

The whole thing makes me wish Shoto and Dabi had a longer fight. Aside from Endeavor vs Afo it was probably the highlight of the current arc. That says absolutely nothing but still :skully . At least I wasn't laughing my ass off like I was seeing Bakugou pathetically getting his ass kicked and dying before literal bullshit ninjutsu brings him back to life :mjlol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back