• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.
>talking to much while fighting is terrible
Fuck off

I never get this at all...
The reason that exists is because there needs to be someone explaining how their abilities work and during a fight that lasts awhile, that's absolutely needed. Like how the hell are you supposed to tell how characters can survive certain shit if they don't explain it at all? You would then have the audience be confused and ultimately start losing interest because you want to explain shit after the battle(Which you are going to dump all of that exposition there?! GL with that shit).

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
> Romantically dense male leads
> Shows picture of Luffy

Uh Luffy's not romantically dense, he's just not even a little interested in it, as part of Oda making it a point NOT to include romance in his story. There are no ships to delay for Luffy and him not giving a fuck about it is perfectly acceptable.

Better examples of way too dense protagonists in this regard would be Ichigo, Anime Yugi (at least Manga Yugi explicitly likes Anzu, he's just being cucked by Atem) and Naruto as Hinata had to confess to his face before he started really noticing her in place of the subpar pink haired bitch he was after.

But yeah, there's a difference between being dense about romance and not caring about it. Luffy falls into the latter group, while Ichigo is in the former. It is an annoying trope though, I'll give them that much.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
> Kubo and others hyping up Bleach getting a new game soon.
> Turns out it's ANOTHER mobile game. :kobeha

You'd think with the hype the Nazi Anime arc generated they'd actually try to make something half-way decent.
But so long as this shit keeps making them money, it's just not gonna happen.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It took me a while, but I finally did the green one! A friend from elsewhere won again (he's got three out of four so far, he must have the aid of Nocturnal)!
Colour-wheel-Peridot.png

Next up is light blue, would you kindly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back