• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
F0r1ePbWcAEtlGA.png

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
Nothing on 4kids literally changing the lore of Yugioh by including the Shadow Realm as a catch all term for characters killed and sent to the afterlife.

The shadow realm was meant to be censorship, but is unironically a much worse fate than dying, as it literally translates to eternal torment and agony.

The 4kids execs who came up with that must've been high on something strong when they thought of it, and for once, I'm glad for it. Literally the rare case where the censors actually made the fates of characters more brutal than the original series without even realizing it. :mjlol

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
The shadow realm was meant to be censorship, but is unironically a much worse fate than dying, as it literally translates to eternal torment and agony.

The 4kids execs who came up with that must've been high on something strong when they thought of it, and for once, I'm glad for it. Literally the rare case where the censors actually made the fates of characters more brutal than the original series without even realizing it. :mjlol
4kids producers: “It’s fine as long as their not dead.”

Arcana’s poorly edited “dark energy discs” that would send Yugi to the Shadow Realm over the simple buzzsaw death trap was the best example of this.

JCxFhVL.png

Even as a kid when I first saw this, I thought something was sus

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Kinda funny all this talk of nostalgia. Been recently replaying the Uncharted series myself this weekend for the sake of nostalgia.

Sorry I was forced out of the stream, basically the entire City's Power Grind went offline for 2 hours and I couldn't do shit about it.

Fuck man... my condolences.

sup old niggy

hope God will give you the strength to move on, even with or without your mother, these situations are really tough, but we all gotta be mentally prepared, for stuff like that, i still hope that she gonna live, keep being strong

Praying for you fam. Keep your head up!

First time speaking to you, lad, but really hope things go on the upturn for ya. Whatever little that's worth. :wow

Thanks guys. This shit is pretty draining happening during a holiday. Still hoping for a miracle but the practical side of me says things are only going down hill from here.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Speaking of work:
>arrive in time at work on my bike.
>wearing my orange DBZ Goku budokai shirt
>my coworker shows up beside me, on her bike also
>she’s wearing a white long shirt, two short twintails and black spats, with jogger shows and ruffled up socks.
>I double take her outfit while still maintaining a casual conversation.
>she is a exact copy of young Videl.
>holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back