• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #36: The Orca Scrolls Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
She never was. This is Marvel's horrible attempt to get rid of any likeable Inhumans and make them Mutants because it's the "In thing now" combined with the Krakoa nonsense.
Basically they tried to Bury the X Men because of Film Rights and now regret it?

Basically they tried to Bury the X Men because of Film Rights and now regret it?

Yep and now they are overcorrecting like a motherfucker since Krakoa... though atleast that had a good foundation to actually be used as "Mutants on top will be just as bad as the Humans who oppress them and end up oppressing them and machines" but then, you had the truly terrible writers who see Mutants = Minorities and went like "NO! They are the most special people ever" and swept away all of it's worst aspects except they still kept their worst aspects anyway(Just don't talk about it negatively).

So you basically have as Masterblack will state, "Just fuck their shit up!"

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Altergeist Adminia is Ultra Rare and Altergeist Malwisp is a Super Rare

:lit

Peritrator also Super is a nice bonus too

@Adamant soul @Masterblack06 @DestinyDestroyer

Also, we got the new TCG exclusive archetype

I like the aesthetic at least. Also funny how we got an Aqua archetype of multiple attributes yet ironically not Water. You’d also think monsters made of Crystal would be Rock but I figured Konami’s made enough Rock shit as it is.
>flip shit face down
>yeet everything that isnt face down

links getting shit on at every turn it would seem

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Yep and now they are overcorrecting like a motherfucker since Krakoa... though atleast that had a good foundation to actually be used as "Mutants on top will be just as bad as the Humans who oppress them and end up oppressing them and machines" but then, you had the truly terrible writers who see Mutants = Minorities and went like "NO! They are the most special people ever" and swept away all of it's worst aspects except they still kept their worst aspects anyway(Just don't talk about it negatively).

So you basically have as Masterblack will state, "Just fuck their shit up!"
Fuck krakoa era Mutants

All my homies hate krakoa era mutants

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
>flip shit face down
>yeet everything that isnt face down

links getting shit on at every turn it would seem
I know. Very clever way of getting around Links being immune to this stuff normally

Quaking Mirror Force and Ghostricks should take notes

:wow

I’m picking up this theme and the new Geists. Anything your looking forward to in this set?

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Not only that, but don't they basically kidnap kids from all across the world and strip them of their native Culture and force them into an English-Centric Mutant Culture?

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

This absolute unit went from being a role model to kids, to grabbing his rifle the second he heard the gunfire. Then started running/jogging in full gear in Texas heat, across a parking lot and round the building to find this son of a bitch and still managed to put him down despite being understandably spent. What a fucking chad. :awesome

RIP to the victims though, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. :catcry

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
I know. Very clever way of getting around Links being immune to this stuff normally

Quaking Mirror Force and Ghostricks should take notes

:wow

I’m picking up this theme and the new Geists. Anything your looking forward to in this set?
Alot of neat stuff but so far nothing i could really see myself getting as of yet

Mutants as an Ethnic Minority analogue never made sense

It never made sense as any allegory but you have the usual suspects who believe it works because "They stick in safespaces".
The biggest issue is that Mutants are just humans who have mutations of various kinds. They can be White, Black, Japanese, Gay, Asexual, etc. Hell, they don't even look human anymore depending on the mutation and the reason people end up fearing them is due to how either off they look or they are a walking stick of dynamite that can destroy entire cities at best. Like the fact that I see in a certain place that people think the issue with Krakoa is not the setting itself, not the uppity nature of Mutants... but that there's too many "White Rich Mutants" and not enough Colored Mutants as if that somehow will make shit better shows that they really have no idea why people hate the Krakoa era.

Not only that, but don't they basically kidnap kids from all across the world and strip them of their native Culture and force them into an English-Centric Mutant Culture?

Yep but hey, apparently that can be solved by not doing it... atleast strip them of their native culture and stuff, not the kidnapping them and dragging them to Krakoa...

image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back