• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's honestly insane to me that someone who has made an actual good and unique gameplay for an indie title, that actually looks polished and ready to go... and absolutely fuck it all up with not only the absolute worst in dialogue, but then basically make the VA state it... like that.

How the fuck does no one learn from shit like Forspoken? Or GoW: Ragnarok? Or Current Year MCU? Or Netflix Cowboy Bebop?
We don't need to learn to write to see absolutely godawful dialogue that no human being outside of Hollywood would ever say. We don't need to learn to Voice Act to see that this was a truly awful delivery that's not needed for the situation. Why can't people ever understand this "Above It All" dialogue is some of the worst you can ever do to destroy your game, especially now.

This shit isn't natural at all and it's definitely not an AI saying it and meant to be that way at all. Can you fuckers for 5 goddamned seconds actually look at games like Hi-Fi Rush and see why they are successful and use that as a bulletin point rather than bullshit like Forspoken? You literally can fix that whole scene by simply having the character be surprised at what happened, be shocked, be amazed and have it be taken in a human context:

"Wait... what did you just do!?"
"How did that appear there?! Did... did you just make that appear from the photograph?!"
"Is that... Reality Shifting? I heard about it but..."
"Woah! I can't believe you just did that! How did you do it?"

Like these aren't the best examples but it's a hell of alot better than that dialogue.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
Screenshot_5.png

agumon is the charizard of digimon

LeonLex

Paramount
WHY IN THE FUCK
You should have seen the other chapters.
Team RWBY literally attack Batman because he's working with the police. And police = bad.
Said the fucking mercenaries.

Then they get on Batman's case when he points out that relying on temporary superpowers isn't a good idea and people getting powers isn't necessarily a good thing.
rwby-x-dc-is-worse-than-the-first-one-and-how-this-one-v0-jf140wi5llqa1.png

The whole comic is fucking dumb.

You should have seen the other chapters.
Team RWBY literally attack Batman because he's working with the police. And police = bad.
Said the fucking mercenaries.

Then they get on Batman's case when he points out that relying on temporary superpowers isn't a good idea and people getting powers isn't necessarily a good thing.
rwby-x-dc-is-worse-than-the-first-one-and-how-this-one-v0-jf140wi5llqa1.png

The whole comic is fucking dumb.

What makes this whole thing worse? It's BLAKE BELLADONNA talking him down, aka the bitch who worked with a terrorist organization and left when shit got too rough for her... only to then run again when the consequences of her actions caught up with her, left her teammates to literally go back to her "Rich White Girl" life in a Tropical Paradise.

It speaks VOLUMES that anyone who isn't a RWBY asskisser roasted the ever living shit out of Blake for this.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
I'll spare duela for now

but nah I'll still talk shit about the dumb police

Ig I'll save Two Face too

LeonLex

Paramount
Duela and Harvey are played by actual people trying this thing called acting (not like CW knows what that is).
The police is about as dumb as the Court of Owls and the woman who wanted that Two Face D.

You can literally sum it up as "the Court destroyed itself".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back