• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it is divided into 4 cours, all of that is a single funding because of the way animation is handled in Japan.

Of course. I have told people before but Bleach is still bigger than most Anime and Manga even with it's lowered popularity than before. It still sells out merch higher than MHA, still does gangbusters in gacha games despite most of it's games don't even make it past the 1-2 year mark and at this point, it will be more fondly remembered than Naruto is due to Boruto fucking it all up.

It's easiest to see the instant Kubo Tite decides to come back into the game, virtually everyone is wondering what the fuck he's doing despite dogging him days before.

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The animation is actually outstanding compared to most anime, so there's no point in that.

Not everything can be animated with the quality of JjK or Kimetsu.
Even more considering the number of chapters that will probably be around 50 (a little more or a little less).
Pretty much, but they seem to expect every episode to be top quality but that's just not how that works.
As long as it doesn't look bad (and it hasn't) it's fine.

Like not every episode of the Wano Arc in One Piece is animated like Sanji vs Queen or Zoro vs King or Kidd/Law vs Big Mom because that just isn't practical. You have to save the really good stuff for the big moments.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Legend-of-Dragoon-2.jpg

393cm8zb48z81.jpg

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Pretty much, but they seem to expect every episode to be top quality but that's just not how that works.
As long as it doesn't look bad (and it hasn't) it's fine.
And that people often forget the particular way in which anime is financed.

In general, there is a committee that gives X amount of money to the studio and the studio must carry out the project with that amount, regardless of whether the product sells a lot or a little, since everything in the anime is paid for and for the same reason the animation studio generates little since the committee keeps it, but in turn the studio does not have as much risk if the anime fails.

There are exceptions like UFOTABLE and Mappa that bear all their expenses on their own but that is risky since a single failure can make them go bankrupt, as happened to Madhouse, who was running alone taking out Hellsing, HxH and OPM, things that at first glance seem like successes but in reality HxH didn't sell as expected (it was popular but not at the level they needed) and being so many chapters made them go bankrupt, so now it is managed by committees which what's left of them.

Like not every episode of the Wano Arc in One Piece is animated like Sanji vs Queen or Zoro vs King or Kidd/Law vs Big Mom because that just isn't practical. You have to save the really good stuff for the big moments.
Even removing the peak moments, One Piece doesn't have such good animation, note that it has many static scenes, showing the sky, or that they reuse many scenes, the Bleach anime hasn't had to resort to that much, so even if it doesn't have something super peak on average, it's even better animated than One Piece.

It's easiest to see the instant Kubo Tite decides to come back into the game, virtually everyone is wondering what the fuck he's doing despite dogging him days before.
He's a heavyweight editor in the Shonen Jump, I imagine it's more comfortable than being a mangaka, most likely he only puts out little things from time to time.

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
116knucklestyle00-e1640459822559.jpeg

2J27LxO_d.webp

119myspace00-e1644764613843.jpg

Years later and still better than Midzuku :bookerpls . It was funny to see some stans on tvtropes referring to Koichi of all niggas as Gary stu and boring compared to the other characters. I guess 6 quirks lad gets off scot free :heston.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
ps2 games rec time, once again

in no order

- samurai jack
- shinobi
- genji dawn of the samurai
- onimusha 3
- seven samurai 20xx
- dynasty warriors 5
- castlevania lament of innocence
- the sword of etheria
- bujingai
- shinobido
- swords of destiny

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
You should have seen the other chapters.
Team RWBY literally attack Batman because he's working with the police. And police = bad.
Said the fucking mercenaries.

Then they get on Batman's case when he points out that relying on temporary superpowers isn't a good idea and people getting powers isn't necessarily a good thing.
rwby-x-dc-is-worse-than-the-first-one-and-how-this-one-v0-jf140wi5llqa1.png

The whole comic is fucking dumb.
Okay admittedly I know next to nothing about Rwby (thank God) but I know enough to laugh at the fact that fucking Blake of all niggas is saying this shit :mjlol .

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

"I don't know how we're going to top the Eikon fight scenes."

By taking the kaiju battle and savagery element and replacing it with Advent Children/Kingsglaive level high-speed graceful choreography. Both are equally impressive in their own ways. Throw in a teamwork element for bigger fights similar to the Bahamut Sin fight from Advent Children and I'd say you'd be good to go.

I'm just hoping for some kind of turn based project in the meantime, but hopefully that'll be the Final Fantasy IX remake.
Not holding my breath on it but a Final Fantasy XIII trilogy re-master would be nice too since only being available on the PS3 and X-box (which I don't own) is a pain in the ass. :maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back