• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #37: WE ARE MIGHTY WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Aight. I'll take the L on that one.

Haven't watched the show full on yet, but I've seen a clip where Lois is regretful and sorry for something that happened with Supes. Is that scene before or after that nonsense she pulled on the rooftop by jumping off of it + the gaslighting of Clark? Because if it's after, I may have to mostly rescind my earlier statement, of her being cancer, because of that scene. :hestonpls
It's after.

She essentially pulls an "Amber" and gets mad a Clark for keeping his secret and not telling her (not the same situations in the slightest though). After learning his secret she tries to get him to admit it and at one point jumps off a roof to prove it knowing he's gonna catch her. She then explodes at him for keeping the secret. She kind of has a trauma related to her past about people keeping secrets (especially loved ones) from her but by the end they work it out and she apologizes for being a tool

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
It's after.

She essentially pulls an "Amber" and gets mad a Clark for keeping his secret and not telling her (not the same situations in the slightest though). After learning his secret she tries to get him to admit it and at one point jumps off a roof to prove it knowing he's gonna catch her. She then explodes at him for keeping the secret. She kind of has a trauma related to her past about people keeping secrets (especially loved ones) from her but by the end they work it out and she apologizes for being a tool
Aight then. Based on that alone, she's infinitely better than Amber, and I jumped the gun on calling her cancer.

I, again, humbly take the L on this one for misjudging shit. Is there a good place I can watch the show for free, without having to use a streaming service like Prime or whatever place it's on?

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Aight then. Based on that alone, she's infinitely better than Amber, and I jumped the gun on calling her cancer.

I, again, humbly take the L on this one for misjudging shit. Is there a good place I can watch the show for free, without having to use a streaming service like Prime or whatever place it's on?
I wish. I use my friends account lmao

Top59

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
20230810_133626.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

They realized how much this hit home with the Amber / Teela shit everyone hated just as much and gave Lois a fair enough reason for hating secrets being kept and than immediately recognizing and apologizing for it.

Narrow but good save from the writers

:hestonpls

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
They realized how much this hit home with the Amber / Teela shit everyone hated just as much and gave Lois a fair enough reason for hating secrets being kept and than immediately recognizing and apologizing for it.

Narrow but good save from the writers

:hestonpls
Yup

But it didn't stop the first reactions to it being overly negative precisely because of the parallels to Amber you'd only really make at a surface level

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yup

But it didn't stop the first reactions to it being overly negative precisely because of the parallels to Amber you'd only really make at a surface level
I kind of understand the negative response with this being the third time in a row this almost happened. Or fourth if you want to bring up She-Hulk’s similar antics of overbearing self-entitlement toward a male character dealing with enough shit as it is. What helps too is Lois is also way more likeable than the above mentioned Karens.

Regardless, I’ve been enjoying the show so far. Outside of some character designs, it’s definitely one of the better western cartoons we’ve had in a while

Last edited:

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Do these niggas ever miss? Every Baki op is a banger :wow

Literally using clips that'll be in the anime too, like Yujiro being struck by lightning and shit, which fits honestly.

Kinda disappointed that Yuichiro Hanma didn't get a tease in that opening, just Baki's demon brain. :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back