• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
And never happened.

Ultimate Kars took an Overdrive from him like it was nothing
I know he didn’t beat Ultimate Kars through conventional means

But it does state his Hamon was very powerful and compared it to Kars

Araki is the one who wrote this so maybe he just views post-training Joseph as very powerful

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I know he didn’t beat Ultimate Kars through conventional means

But it does state his Hamon was very powerful and compared it to Kars

Araki is the one who wrote this so maybe he just views post-training Joseph as very powerful
He is, his Hamon tears through the Pillar Men post training like nothing. It’s just him being above his grandfather that I think is debatable since he still relies mainly on tactics and diversion over direct combat to get the leg up on his opponents

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
He is, his Hamon tears through the Pillar Men post training like nothing. It’s just him being above his grandfather that I think is debatable since he still relies mainly on tactics and diversion over direct combat to get the leg up on his opponents
It’s debatable but at the same time the people Jonathan fought weren’t as strong as the people Joseph fought

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It’s debatable but at the same time the people Jonathan fought weren’t as strong as the people Joseph fought
Said Pillar men beaten from Joseph’s 200 IQ moments which he otherwise wouldn’t have stood a chance against,

For example, Wammu nearly one-shotted him with his Sandstorm had Joseph not interrupted it at the last minute during their chariot fight

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Said Pillar men beaten from Joseph’s 200 IQ moments which he otherwise wouldn’t have stood a chance against,

For example, Wammu nearly one-shotted him with his Sandstorm had Joseph not interrupted it at the last minute during their chariot fight
Sure but he’s also physically clashed with all three of them

Broke Kars’ steel slicing blade, broke Esidisi’s drill horn, and clashed with Wamuu’s legs

I mean, that part is non-negotiable. For all of the Vampires in Part 1 and the feats we give them, they are ultimately nobodies to the Pillar Man by something we call the Cycle of Life.
The Pillar Men have shown things that go completely beyond anything a Vampire can do in JoJo and we know that Joseph has insanely good Hamon even compared to Jonathon from the beginning, the issue was that he sucked at actually focusing the shit down till he got the Rings of Death and had to really train for it all.

The only reason to believe the Pillar Men are weaker than Vampires is to go too much on the destructive power of the Vampires without realizing the story structure puts the Pillar Men >> Vampires from the start.

Even DIO ultimately needed a Stand to matter at all against Jotaro which is primarily why he never used any of his Vampire tricks:
They wouldn't have mattered at all against a Stand User.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back