• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #38: Let The Good Times Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member

Given how much of a woke wanker Ricky boy has been for a while, even if he hadn't already killed any charm PJO would've had for me, with his character assassination of Herakles in book 3, just to prop Zoe up, I'd have absolutely no hope for this show.

Maybe Ricky boy will be one of the few that surprises us and makes a season that's halfway decent, but I highly doubt it, personally. :wow

Xadlin

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Well just from that teaser I can already tell that it's more accurate to the books than the film was, as some of the clips were from the Chimera scene at the Gateway Arch, and we have the final fight scene vs Ares on the beach.

Though the guy doesn't have enough biker gear, Ares is supposed to look like a Hell's Angel and his eyes are supposed to be flames. Unless that's supposed to be him under the effect of the mist but then the sword would be a baseball bat so I'm not sure.

The race swapping is really the big element that has me nervous. It's not always a bad thing obviously, Morgan Freeman was great in Shawshank Redemption (where the character was supposed to be a red haired Irishman) but that also wasn't motivated by political agenda so it's gonna depend on WHY they cast this girl.
yeah, same. like I dont feel the race swap could be bad...but there is always a chance of it ending up bad.
anyway, im gonna go in neutral with this. been awhile since I saw anything Percy Jackson.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
F4HL9TnboAA0WNg
F4B1oOhbQAAGKSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back