• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #44: Happy New Year. Lets Start the year with a bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Hey bros, forgive me for making a surprise incursion into the OBD Convo thread as my first post here.

But let me just say that I really like the vibe of this place.

dont worry, lil lad, we vibe here, post whenever you like, as long you like the obd and you aint cringe/weird, do ur stuff

thats what we do, we chill, pmuch and talk about various stuff/things, post cool pics, memes and all

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
So for my first official post in this thread:

Has anyone here been to Dave & Buster's or played any game in the House of the Dead series? I'm honestly a huge arcade enjoyer and unapologetic light gun shooter-phile here.

Because I am going there today on Wednesday where all games are half-price and the only game imma focus on for the whole day is this:

Most dope lit kino-ass game I've seen at Dave & Buster's and any place with a modern arcade i've seen.

Still can't believe my location sacked and discontinued Namco Bandai's Dark Escape 4D. That was the other best game I played and beat with my friend twice in 2018 when it was still here.

Really like House of the Dead 3 for the shotgun and 4 for the fully automatic guns.

Also both had the best boss fights

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member

Has anyone here been to Dave & Buster's or played any game in the House of the Dead series? I'm honestly a huge arcade enjoyer and unapologetic light gun shooter-phile here.

Because I am going there today on Wednesday where all games are half-price and the only game imma focus on for the whole day is this:

Most dope lit kino-ass game I've seen at Dave & Buster's and any place with a modern arcade i've seen.

Still can't believe my location sacked and discontinued Namco Bandai's Dark Escape 4D. That was the other best game I played and beat with my friend twice in 2018 when it was still here.

just post what you enjoy. I did play it a few times in arcades but never knew the story like most arcade games you barely are there to actually look for feats or story and just there for fun with friends.

:eksip So yea no idea about feats but I heard about it.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
i know peeps also like emulation and all, so i am gonna post this list once again

for ps2 = use pcsx2
for ps3 = use rpcs3
for psp = use for ppsspp
for dreamcast = use redream
for gamecube/wii = use dolphin (they made it so potent to handle both gamecube and wii games at the same time)
for ps1 = use epsxe
for n64 = use project64
for xbox360 = use xenia
for switch = use ryujinx
for wii u = use cemu
for og xbox games = use xemu
for gba = use visualboiadvance
for retro 90s/00s arcade games = use mame
for saturn games = use mednafen

all you have to do is type on youtube how to setup them, and there are many good tutorials, if you follow the instructions, you can easily set them up, enjoy and as for dl and all, and if you want iso to dl and all, just use cdromance or roms megathread

once again

my emulation list of recs, for those who want to set them up, gg, have fun and stay chill

dont worry, lil lad, we vibe here, post whenever you like, as long you like the obd and you aint cringe/weird, do ur stuff

thats what we do, we chill, pmuch and talk about various stuff/things, posts cool pics, memes and all
I also view this thread and place as a much-needed and well-deserved escape from all the terminal insanity and chronic stupidity on other sites (namely my native one CBR among others that I currently browse like reddit)

And as a heads up, I will sometimes use this thread for the purpose of doing some good ranting and venting on certain occasions.

I am thankful for you reception btw sir.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
shin akuma's meteor feat is also canon = continental+ levels, from capcom fighting jam, backs up hondas feat too, btw, but dont worry, this scales only to few top tiers from sf
I thought that was non canon :randywhat
Did I miss something
Hey bros, forgive me for making a surprise incursion into the OBD Convo thread as my first post here...

But let me just say that I really like the vibe of this place. And even though I won't be too active in this particular thread here, I still intend to talk with you dudes here at least periodically at my choosing.
You're always welcome here m8 more niggas the better

Really like House of the Dead 3 for the shotgun and 4 for the fully automatic guns.

Also both had the best boss fights
Scarlet Dawn is by far the best game in the series, even if a few select aspects of the game falls lamentably short of its predecessors.

After that's it's either the first or second game.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
rpcs3 has been improved so much, it plays like 92% of the ps3 games, and they keep being updated, upscaled and all

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
share your version. :maybe

i will do you a better one

and they keep being updated, like most of the emulators, the fans deserve many props, if you have a strong pc, you can play them, so simple

just post what you enjoy. I did play it a few times in arcades but never knew the story like most arcade games you barely are there to actually look for feats or story and just there for fun with friends.

:eksip So yea no idea about feats but I heard about it.
To be fair, I don't really play House of the Dead or any light gun rail shooter for the story, let alone powerscaling or feats for versus debates.

the last two are the last things i'd care about when shooting the shit out of bad guys and blowing shit up.

and looking at Kate Green's ass

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

I played House of the Dead in the Arcades occasionally.
On the rare occasion I actually went to an arcade, more often than not I would play this Star Wars game that was there or Time Crisis.

I played House of the Dead in the Arcades occasionally.
On the rare occasion I actually went to an arcade, more often than not I would play this Star Wars game that was there or Time Crisis.
Fellow arcade enjoyer eh?

Time Crisis is pretty great and badass, but still not as awesome as House of the Dead or Dark Escape 4D tho.

Just as a full disclosure and for future reference, arcade gaming is the only form of video gaming that I actively participate in nowadays outside of retrofag stuff dating back to the NES/SNES days (and maybe N64 or if it counts, GC). And also 90's Boomer Shooters like Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of the Triad, Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior, Blood, etc.

I know absolutely nothing about gaming past the GC or Wii era, I'm completely out of the loop with everything outside of maybe Nintendo or arcade stuff.

And powerscaling and online circles or spaces in general.

Masterblack06

Man of Atom
So saw this video on youtube where it says

Piracy cost more than a subscription.

:eksip less than 5 mins in the video I close it.

The dude real issue is does piracy cost more as a data hoarder versus subscribing to netflix, amazon, and other website, .

Yes yes it's going to cost fucking more as a data hoarder because you literally need more storage space for that Data you are hoarding

As for actual just pirating, no it will never cost you more if you are just actually doing piracy and doing a community with torrent seeding/seeders.
I only do it to see if I want to buy the game or not. Did it for Elden Ring (though i kinda regret it) did it for Pathfinder, did it for Pillars of Eternity, etc. Ended up buying all them shits.
Hey bros, forgive me for making a surprise incursion into the OBD Convo thread as my first post here...

But let me just say that I really like the vibe of this place. And even though I won't be too active in this particular thread here, I still intend to talk with you dudes here at least periodically at my choosing.
I also view this thread and place as a much-needed and well-deserved escape from all the terminal insanity and chronic stupidity on other sites (namely my native one CBR among others that I currently browse like reddit)

And as a heads up, I will sometimes use this thread for the purpose of doing some good ranting and venting on certain occasions.

I am thankful for you reception btw sir.
Welcome to the party my dude. As long as your rants aren't political and you spoiler them if you they get to long, you'll be fine.

Also watch out when viewing this place in public @Claudio Swiss sometimes leaves his thirst chamber known as the art thread and drops a few pics here
:heston

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Speaking of arcade i always wanted those japanese arcade games got a pc version always wanted to play the lord of vermllion and some other arcade games seem quite fun too

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Fellow arcade enjoyer eh?
Not really, it's just occasionally my family would go out to Portrush for a day and there was an arcade there that we'd usually go in for a bit so yeah.

I've never been one to specifically go out to an Arcade, I play my video games at home.
Time Crisis is pretty great and badass, but still not as awesome as House of the Dead or Dark Escape 4D tho.
Never heard of Dark Escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back