• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.
you see, this is why casuals/peeps who dont know how the whole genre looks like, should not play it, just cuz its on trend or mainstream, plus terms like skill issue or git gud

you cant become good in fighting games, in that short time, you have to play lots of them, both from 2d/3d era, from 90s/00s and all, lots of hours in practice/arcade modes, offline for a long time, to learn stuff, to become experienced as prologue, then get on online fights and challenge others, you have to learn strings, frames, mobility, zoning, how space is around a char, agility, reflexes, ''mind'' games, etc, its all part of this genre, it aint easy, i dont blame the boi, it aint an easy genre, but it can be learnt, with patience and motivation

if you want to have fun with your pals, play it, button mash, etc, do what you want, its for fun, but if you want to become good in online 1vs1 fights, that aint the right mindset, its basically how you feel and what you want to learn from a fighting game, mean, there are still times, i log in, in fightcade, i play few third strike/kof98 fights, and i beat some b class peeps, cuz of muscle memory, and all, and i aint as invested as i was younger, and i still got it

overall, as i grew up, i changed lots of genres and expanded my mindeset, but still gotta say, hack/slash/action/fighting games/adventure/beat em ups, still my fav ones, from the survival horror genre, only few of them are good anymore (even from the next gen era), except from the popular/known ones, both in tps and fps sides

overall, lol at 98% of the aaa games

Because most casuals these days don't understand that learning combos and the like is only one part in knowing to play against players, the other part is learning the character they play and playing against the player themselves.

It's why the Fighting Game Genre is what it is and why dumbing it down is a terrible idea(Otherwise you get shit like Strive).

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
you see, this is why casuals/peeps who dont know how the whole genre looks like, should not play it, just cuz its on trend or mainstream, plus terms like skill issue or git gud

you cant become good in fighting games, in that short time, you have to play lots of them, both from 2d/3d era, from 90s/00s and all, lots of hours in practice/arcade modes, offline for a long time, to learn stuff, to become experienced as prologue, then get on online fights and challenge others, you have to learn strings, frames, mobility, zoning, how space is around a char, agility, reflexes, ''mind'' games, etc, its all part of this genre, it aint easy, i dont blame the boi, it aint an easy genre, but it can be learnt, with patience and motivation

if you want to have fun with your pals, play it, button mash, etc, do what you want, its for fun, but if you want to become good in online 1vs1 fights, that aint the right mindset, its basically how you feel and what you want to learn from a fighting game, mean, there are still times, i log in, in fightcade, i play few third strike/kof98 fights, and i beat some b class peeps, cuz of muscle memory, and all, and i aint as invested as i was younger, and i still got it

overall, as i grew up, i changed lots of genres and expanded my mindeset, but still gotta say, hack/slash/action/fighting games/adventure/beat em ups, still my fav ones, from the survival horror genre, only few of them are good anymore (even from the next gen era), except from the popular/known ones, both in tps and fps sides

overall, lol at 98% of the aaa games
His main problem is also the unranked games. They can be fun and if ur just looking to relax theyre fine but in no way can you take them as a measure of people's skill. Most of the time youre fighting people who are complacent where they are and arent trying to get better or people who just want to fuck around and play with friends.

Ranked itself isnt a good measure of skill either but its filled with people that want 5o get better at the game or just cheese you to death for points. Either way playing these types of people forces you to have to get better because you have to adapt and theyll usually try and do the same. If your new to fighting games this process takes a long ass time and youre gonna get your ass handed to you a lot.If you wanna get better though you have to be willing to eat the punches and most people aren't which is why most people dont stick to fgs much

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Because most casuals these days don't understand that learning combos and the like is only one part in knowing to play against players, the other part is learning the character they play and playing against the player themselves.

It's why the Fighting Game Genre is what it is and why dumbing it down is a terrible idea(Otherwise you get shit like Strive).
oh you know combos? Cool

Hope I don't eat your shins before you get close :maybe

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2

His main problem is also the unranked games. They can be fun and if ur just looking to relax theyre fine but in no way can you take them as a measure of people's skill. Most of the time youre fighting people who are complacent where they are and arent trying to get better or people who just want to fuck around and play with friends.

Ranked itself isnt a good measure of skill either but its filled with people that want 5o get better at the game or just cheese you to death for points. Either way playing these types of people forces you to have to get better because you have to adapt and theyll usually try and do the same. If your new to fighting games this process takes a long ass time and youre gonna get your ass handed to you a lot.If you wanna get better though you have to be willing to eat the punches and most people aren't which is why most people dont stick to fgs much

we reached to a point, where even the fighting game devs, have to dumb down the buttons/combos, cuz the mindset/standards are that low, again i dont blame the peeps, everyone has his reasons for playing them, but the whole essence of the fighting games, is more than your average button mash/cheesing the same one move, peeps should not criticize it as just a simple genre, it aint, so simple, its better to admit that you aint good on it, rather than pretending the genre is at fault or its ''easy''

lolgranblue for example, you can do supers, just with 1 button, high level combos, with 1 button, its insane, they literally give you the moves on the plate, its like they telling you, in your face ''we want you to be so ok, let us do the fighting for u, dont get sweating, its just one button'', mean, just bruh

glad though, that many peeps, return back to the older fighting games, from the 90s/00s era and enjoy them even more, the fighting game community, aside its bad/meme side, still has its pros, if you know, how to search for them

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
Booklet%20Pages%207-8.jpg

10980001.jpg

Proto234

Distinguished
o in simple terms, Humans are bad... but the Bugs are even worse, especially with the Movie Sequels.
Well, Veerhoven is the only one that have that intention when he made the movie. The sequels are not made by him
When? Certainly not in the first movie, we literally SEE the meteor pass by Carmen's ship on its way to earth and they were only NOT able to warn Earth because it smashed their communications on the way passed.

There's no doubt nor any reason to doubt the Bugs destroyed Buenos Aries. If they retconned that to the humans doing it, it was definitely done later.

If anything the movie sequels are where the humans start to look worse, not the Bugs. The bugs are just doing more of the same. The only real anti-human sentiment in the first movie was them being too over-confident and under-estimating the Bugs' intelligence and they learn from that.
It is just implied but considering Veerhoven mindset when he made the movie, you can bet that is his intention (Humans provoking the bugs)

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
It is just implied but considering Veerhoven mindset when he made the movie, you can bet that is his intention (Humans provoking the bugs)
It literally does not matter what his intent was or wasn't if the movie doesn't get it across.
Especially when nothing in the movie even implies that the humans attacked themselves.

lokoxDZz

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
we reached to a point, where even the fighting game devs, have to dumb down the buttons/combos, cuz the mindset/standards are that low, again i dont blame the peeps, everyone has his reasons for playing them, but the whole essence of the fighting games, is more than your average button mash/cheesing the same one move, peeps should not criticize it as just a simple genre, it aint, so simple, its better to admit that you aint good on it, rather than pretending the genre is at fault or its ''easy''

lolgranblue for example, you can do supers, just with 1 button, high level combos, with 1 button, its insane, they literally give you the moves on the plate, its like they telling you, in your face ''we want you to be so ok, let us do the fighting for u, dont get sweating, its just one button'', mean, just bruh

glad though, that many peeps, return back to the older fighting games, from the 90s/00s era and enjoy them even more, the fighting game community, aside its bad/meme side, still has its pros, if you know, how to search for them
I think there is a big problem with a lot of newer players is needing everything to be fast, they think that you having to take your time and learn is a waste of time, they also have this mindset that things need to change to suit them and not them getting better instead

I wish arcades would somehow make a come back :catcry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back