• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #45: Roll For Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
GG4TB8qboAApz6P

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
ah, honorable mentions go to yakuza 0/and 7, knack/knack2, ratchet and clank, lol dmc5 and re2 remake, few other suggestions exist too, but overall, they limited

meanwhile in the older game eras, you had over 50-70+ plus of good games, at least, more creative, no repetitive, no dlc themed, no super patched, and they were hype too

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Knack was jank. Got it cuz it came bundled with my PS4. The second game I ignored for years but got it eventually because my niece loved the first game.

Was actually a surprising improvement over the first game. I’d even call it good. Shame it utterly tanked and Japan studios is dead now.

And even then, it doesn’t hold a candle to the kind of platformers on the PS1 and 2

Ratchet and Clank remake was whack when it came to story and portrayal of the characters. Wish we had a new Jak or even Sly instead.

shade0180

Just a shadow
V.I.P. Member
ah, honorable mentions go to yakuza 0/and 7, knack/knack2, ratchet and clank, lol dmc5 and re2 remake, few other suggestions exist too, but overall, they limited

meanwhile in the older game eras, you had over 50-70+ plus of good games, at least, more creative, no repetitive, no dlc themed, no super patched, and they were hype too
also better replay-ability.

Seriously. that's one the shit most modern game are lacking.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Sneako and Critikal actually made up

he's more forgiving than I am because I would have long blocked him for the stuff he said

What manwha is this?

So after going through it I have to say...

6/10 if I'm being generous, 4/10 if I'm not

I'm a firm believer in a bad ending can ruin a series and they just did not stick the landing with the message they keep beating over the head since the beginning/making the ending believable/satisfying
cringe amnesia subplot is cringe, if you're gonna use amnesia either commit or don't do it and the author decides to do neither
at least the secondary characters aren't stupid for the sake of the plot, unfortunately the main players make baffling decisions considering their supposed ability kits
started good, but flopped the final act

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member

psyren still is an 8/10 series, at least, the ending was rushed but, it fit the outcome of what was going on, its actually a solid ending, way better than most endings from recent shonen series, which are way more rushed and with more plot holes

also, psyren needs an anime adaptation, easily

Derpmaster9000

Balor Béimnech
V.I.P. Member
it doesnt matter, since it also came on ps4, so it counts, for the ps4 era games we were talking about, one of the best 2d artstyle in vgames, by far
I know it did. I'm just being an ass by not counting it for consoles intentionally, due to my own experiences. :mjlol

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
i know what were you trying to do, you were trying to say pc >> ps4/ps5, etc

and its true, cuz any pc with 16gb ram/4gb vram and above, is superior than every console, by far :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back