• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #46: No Matter What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
It is unlikely that Durbe will be the third pick since Mizael is the Zexal rep.

Mizael is very popular which makes sense he is the chosen rep for Zexal. I am guessing he will get more dedicated archetype for Tachyon sub archetype

I am guessing Saiou will be the third pick. There are still many Arcana motif unused even in the anime itself
There can be two characters from the same series in these Duelist Packs. Duelist of Whirlwind had two of the three duelists be from Arc-V, Yugo for Speedroid support and Ruri for Lyrilusc

That feeling when Aoi got both of her decks now supported in Duelist Packs and Go hasn’t gotten squat

*sad Gouki noises

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Not sure what to think of the Trickstar support. Lots of swarm and consistency but compared to the end board the Marincess support allowed for that deck, namely a 4K beatstick with Towers level immunity that could negate a S/T once per turn that also net you a free Marincess Link monster, this seems underwhelming by comparison.

Trickstar does have a much bigger cardpool though and was a more complete deck. And Konami hates both excessive burn and hand removal so I figured they wouldn’t go all out with Trickstar compared to Marincess.

Definitely feels like a deck I need to actually see in practice more than anything

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Proto234 This support still beats the Salad support in the Fire set, whose only major gains were the new Raging Phoenix Link 4 while the rest was either mediocre to bad or would have been good with less restriction.

Salamangreat of Fire was good but restricted you from generic Cyberse support that killed the use of key cards for the deck like Parallel eXceed, Linguriboh, and Decode Talker Heatsoul and forced you to play the deck pure.

The release of Promethean Princess definitely helped make Pure Salad viable now that there’s an excellent Link 3 to climb into but even now, most decks dropped Salamangreat of Fire in favor of Lady Debug and use of generic Cyberse stuff

The slight drop in consistency without Fire is more than made up by the much more massive boards and combos you can pull off with the other Cyberse stuff included. Admittedly, I play the deck pure though.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
image1.png
image0.png

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Oh my Gosh this is disgusting. An FTK that’s consistent and actually hard to stop since that Field spell makes majority of hand traps useless.

People in the comments section really arguing Lifeforce Harmonizer being a staple and not reading the Field Spell is hilarious

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Gohan win the first fight, but they fight again this Goku time push back Gohan, but left it there.

Gohan trains with Base Broly stomping him then he transforms into SSJ.

All the Saiyajin fight and endeds up in the ground tired.

If these spoilers are real then it makes sense Broly is still relevant even to Gohan Beast lol

Broly > Cell Max, Gas, Granola, Moro, etc in that case

Masterblack06

Man of Atom

Oh my Gosh this is disgusting. An FTK that’s consistent and actually hard to stop since that Field spell makes majority of hand traps useless.

People in the comments section really arguing Lifeforce Harmonizer being a staple and not reading the Field Spell is hilarious

Name a more classic duo than Gimmick Puppets and FTK/OTKs

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
If these spoilers are real then it makes sense Broly is still relevant even to Gohan Beast lol

Broly > Cell Max, Gas, Granola, Moro, etc in that case
Still can’t believe the manga didn’t give us a proper Gohan vs Cell rematch with a Perfect Cell Max. What a missed opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back