OBD Convo #46: No Matter What!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

I raise, Krew from Jak II who moved his fat ass around on a cool hoverchair that had a whole arsenal of weapons fitted into it

F8GMouBXQAA2Ui9.jpg:large

Fantastic setting = fantastic answers for people with disabilities.

Are you so creatively dead in your “disabled people representation” that you can’t think of anything outside a fucking wheelchair?

LeonLex

Paramount
Are you so creatively dead in your “disabled people representation” that you can’t think of anything outside a fucking wheelchair?
But then how is it a disability?
Why use normal legs when you can have cool spider legs which could be even better than normal ones. Or a levitating chair.
Or a new body. A quadriplegic person would take any chance at being able to move.

Those people want it to be represented as the worst possible thing it could be. That's an actual reason people give.

And there's also the whole Barbara Gordon discussion, but that's another can of worms.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

I raise, Krew from Jak II who moved his fat ass around on a cool hoverchair that had a whole arsenal of weapons fitted into it

F8GMouBXQAA2Ui9.jpg:large

Fantastic setting = fantastic answers for people with disabilities.

dragon-team.png

I'll raise another couple of beloved disabled fantasy characters right here. :maybe

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
But then how is it a disability?
Why use normal legs when you can have cool spider legs which could be even better than normal ones. Or a levitating chair.
Or a new body. A quadriplegic person would take any chance at being able to move.

Those people want it to be represented as the worst possible thing it could be. That's an actual reason people give.

And there's also the whole Barbara Gordon discussion, but that's another can of worms.
Because even with cool spider legs or a floating chair, you’re still yourself immobile and confined to a machine you’re utterly dependent on for movement. I’d say that still very much keeps the fact that your disabled still there

LeonLex

Paramount
Because even with cool spider legs or a floating chair, you’re still yourself immobile and confined to a machine you’re utterly dependent on for movement. I’d say that still very much keeps the fact that your disabled still there
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm part of the group who understands that.
It's the "wheelchair or bust" group that's not getting it (mostly because they don't want to).
Basically, it's not about the "disability", it's about their disability. Person X is a wheelchair and demands that their character has a wheelchair.

Disabled people exist in fantasy worlds. Missing an eye or a limb, those are extremely common.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I pieced out on Saber on ep 26, but from what I heard the latter half of the series is actually better than the first half which is uh, lol :mjlol
later half has some of the absolute most fat cock rider designs I've seen in the franchise

and the actors for master logos and desast go stupid fucking ham.

It's a damn shame that the series is so overwhelmingly mediocre and that Saber's final looks like dogshit

Primordial Dragon looks kino as fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back