• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

OBD Convo #47: You Still Wanna F*** With Me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xadlin

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
@NostalgiaFan So I finally completed holocure.
Literal bare minimum games for each character only took
1 try to clear the stage 4 level which most thinks is hard.
took 2 tries for the stage 3 hard level which is probably the hardest stage in the game.
Bare Minimum because I completed it with Kaela who didn't even got a max fandom
View attachment 1030
View attachment 1029
View attachment 1027
View attachment 1028
:skully total of 5 game for Kaela. Just realize that the only reason I took this long is procrastination and boredom.
I should get back into it. Kaela was my main to

Being real how do old heads feel about strive

Honest to God? I have only read the story of Strive and it's fucking ASS. It's clearly obvious that Daisuke is just done with the past story of Guilty Gear and basically chucked everything but the barest of minimums out without even trying to connect it together in any feasible fashion.

The shit with Axl and Raven I don't believe is EVER touched upon even after Axl became the Time God in Revelator(As the past games heavily imply Axl and Raven has some insidious connection and why Raven cannot die) and Sol and Raven don't get their runback either. Baiken gets nothing with That Man despite from her side he's the reason Japan and her way of life is destroyed and if it was, it was most likely done offscreen because fuck you(While Xrd did touch upon this, it doesn't change the fact that Asuka basically destroyed Japan).

The entire deal with Dizzy and Ky is just fucking solved just like that as Ky leaves being the King, Dizzy is the Queen of the Country and no one cares that she and Ky was fucking in the background and have a fucking kid for years. Sol doesn't even get a proper final battle with Asuka, he just gets destroyed and suddenly, new bad guy is the man who was literally brought up in Xrd as the man who was the TRUE face of evil all along(Though he only became insane because his creation Ariels did who she herself was already too much of basically trying to past the buck off of Justice/Aria/Asuka as is) and I-No is given a whole ass character change that doesn't even make sense with her prior actions.

If we are getting into how they changed the characters? The absolute waste of time that was Jack-O becoming one with Aria... just for Aria to basically stay dead made the entire point of Revelator worthless and I can go on a tear not about Bridget but about TESTAMENT becoming what he is in the story to be an absolute affront to mankind but I won't.

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
He had the vision the whole time :wow

In terms of the story? Depends. Most weren't into the story and didn't care. The ones that did like me think the long ass wait for a conclusion wasn't worth it but at least its something considering there was a time before 2014 where no one thought we were getting more GG. Gameplay wise both me and my cousin dropped it about a month in and he was considered top 5 Rams at the time so that should tell you something lmfao
Ignoring the debacle fo anybody in RL care about bridget or nah

It's ironic because I mentioned before, Testament has been fucked over far more storyline wise than Bridget has ever been.
Testament's entire arc is that the nigga was still salty about Humanity to the point that anytime, ANYTIME Dizzy dies, Testament is going full Jihad on the planet again no matter the reason or if it goes against everything Dizzy stands for.

Only suddenly in Strive, the dude just randomly changes his stripes out of fucking nowhere? Like there is nothing showing his temperament got changed, Dizzy barely visited him(moreso that she was frozen due to the shit in Overture and then stay out of sight in the Castle for years) and Testament wanted NO ONE in the Garden but him and Dizzy. Like nothing about the change in demeanor makes any sense nor would any revelation he would have either.
Like I get wanting him to come back but holy shit, atleast try and give a better reason than "I just had a change of heart and give it a random shot".

TrueG 37

Acclaimed
Aside from memes no one ever did. Shit was annoying from niggas who didn't play Guilty Gear and from niggas who did back during the XX days and that was just during XX. Every side of that shit in modern day is annoying as shit :mjlol .
He had the vision the whole time :wow

In terms of the story? Depends. Most weren't into the story and didn't care. The ones that did like me think the long ass wait for a conclusion wasn't worth it but at least its something considering there was a time before 2014 where no one thought we were getting more GG. Gameplay wise both me and my cousin dropped it about a month in and he was considered top 5 Rams at the time so that should tell you something lmfao
Pretty much sums up my views of things story wise. About the most I can say is that I didn’t mind the Jack O/Aria stuff like @Xhominid The Apex seems to. Or really I-no either tbh.

The only thing that would ever get me into the game gameplay wise is if Order Sol gets in. Even though they'll 100% do some stupid shit like turning "Rock it" into an overdrive :catcry.......actually given how decently high he tends to land on popularity polls maybe I shouldn't :mjlol.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
I just miss the days when gaming was niche and thus, the only people that unusually got involved in the hobby both playing and developing games were gamer bros instead of all these failed Hollywood writers and slacktivists now infecting the hobby

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
B6-CE89-DA-45-E2-489-B-9539-C6415-B991-ABB.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
@Paxton Finally finished GT6, going to try to speed through everything else before GT10 is fully translated if possible.

Touma breaking the unspoken rule of fiction of just standing around as the opponent transforms, and instead knocking Aradia out when she tries to was epic

:hestonpls

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
@Paxton Finally finished GT6, going to try to speed through everything else before GT10 is fully translated if possible.

Touma breaking the unspoken rule of fiction of just standing around as the opponent transforms, and instead knocking Aradia out when she tries to was epic

Touma really wasn't having a repeat of NT9 with a Othinus-level opponent that day :tupac

TrueG 37

Acclaimed

I almost mistook this for GTA6 for a minute. Started wondering how in the hell that happened :skully.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Aside from memes no one ever did. Shit was annoying from niggas who didn't play Guilty Gear and from niggas who did back during the XX days and that was just during XX. Every side of that shit in modern day is annoying as shit :mjlol .

Pretty much sums up my views of things story wise. About the most I can say is that I didn’t mind the Jack O/Aria stuff like @Xhominid The Apex seems to. Or really I-no either tbh.

The only thing that would ever get me into the game gameplay wise is if Order Sol gets in. Even though they'll 100% do some stupid shit like turning "Rock it" into an overdrive :catcry.......actually given how decently high he tends to land on popularity polls maybe I shouldn't :mjlol.
The Aria shit made no sense to me either actually. The whole reason to have even seen Jack-O as more than just another Valentine/Aria clone was that she actually had remnants of the real Aria. Which is the only thing that ever justified Sol even bothering with her. Then in Strive suddenly its fuck Aria and he loves Jack O for being herself with there only having been a few months time span inbetween games.

I-no going from Mega-sadistic bitch that wants to watch the world burn to tragic hero was fucking dumb. FFXIV Did it better with Yotsuyu. Hell, fucking T7 did it better with Heihachi and that saying something considering how terrible and lazy it was.

At this point nothing would get me to come back unless they decide to overhaul the system mechanics yet again and even then it'd just be a matter of waiting for how they plan to "innovate".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back